Some recruiting updates

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some good updates on kids we're after:

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Florida-Gators-targets-in-the-updated-Top247-46334656

247Sports updated their 2017 rankings as the summer winds down. Several of the Florida Gators targets saw their rankings altered with this latest update. GatorBait.net takes a look at which target rose and which ones fell in the Top247

6_4555112.jpg

(Photo: Steve Helwagen, 247Sports)

Last week, Pensacola (Fla.) Washington offensive tackle Alex Leatherwood, a high-priority for the Gators received his fifth star and moved to No. 7 overall in the country. Florida is trying to flip the current Alabama commit and a visit to Friday Night Lights is possible from Leatherwood.

Detroit (Mich.) Cass Tech wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones is another five-star Florida is in on heavily. The 6-foot-2, 190-pounder, who ranks No. 8 overall, is also considering Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and others.

Auburn offensive tackle commit Calvin Ashley remains in five-star range at No. 22 in the nation. The Orlando, Fla. native is a prospect Florida has had on campus several times and hopes to flip down the road.

Deerfield Beach (Fla.) wide receiver Jerry Jeudy makes a huge jump from No. 87 to No. 28 overall after an impressive performance at The Opening. Alabama is considering the leader, but Florida, Florida State and Miami are in the mix.

Ohio State cornerback commit Shaun Wade shuffled back a few spots going from No. 28 to No. 33 overall. The Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian star is still considering Alabama, Florida, Michigan and others at this time.

One of Florida’s top safeties on the board, Devon Hunter of Chesapeake (Va.) Indian River jumps from No. 121 to No. 40 overall after he too had a great week at The Opening Finals. Virginia Tech and Clemson are the Gators biggest threat in the 6-foot-1, 205-pounder’s recruitment.

Loganville (Ga.) Grayson cornerback Deangelo Gibbs falls back from No. 23 to No. 42 overall. There are concerns if Gibbs can stick at cornerback or if he will have to move to safety on the next level, but regardless, he’s still an elite prospect at 6-foot-2, 204-pounds.

Most consider Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Trevon Grimes a heavy Ohio State lean, but he still mentions Florida, Florida State and Miami as being in the race too. He moves from No. 36 to No. 45 in the latest rankings update.

Florida recently offered Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman safety Bubba Bolden after he decommitted from USC. The 6-foot-3, 190-pound athlete moves from No. 111 to No. 55 overall in the nation after a great week at The Opening Finals.

Miami offensive line commit Navaughn Donaldson plans to attend Florida’s Friday Night Lights. The massive 6-foot-5, 335-pound prospect also saw his ranking get a slight bump moving from No. 75 to No. 65 overall.

Sebastian (Fla.) Sebastian River defensive end Jarez Parks is giving Florida a serious look as well as Florida State, Auburn and others. Parks slid a few spots from No. 66 to No. 78 in the latest rankings update.

One of Florida’s top cornerback targets, AJ Terrell from Atlanta (Ga.) Westlake, saw his ranking jump. Terrell moved from No. 184 to No. 89 overall.

Another safety the Florida Gators are on is Hamsah Nasirildeen of Concord (N.C.). The 6-foot-3, 210-pound prospect moved from No. 88 to No. 95 in the nation.

Another cornerback that saw his rankings rise is Miami commit Christopher Henderson, who went from unranked to No. 106 in the nation. Florida is trying to flip the Hurricanes pledge as he plans to be back on campus for Friday Night Lights.

Lakeland (Fla.) wide receiver James Robinson saw his ranking fall from No. 44 to No. 113 overall. The Gators appear to be the run away favorites to land Robinson if they decide to give him the green light.

Current North Carolina running back commit Adarius Lemons of Clearwater (Fla.) saw his ranking drop as well, moving from No. 97 to No. 128 overall.

Florida cornerback commit Elijah Blades was shuffled back a few slots moving from No. 160 to No. 166.

Florida offensive tackle target Tony Gray of Loganville (Ga.) Grayson is another that fell several spots in the rankings. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound prospect moved from No. 174 to No. 191 in the nation.

Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage cornerback Marco Wilson stayed nearly the same only moving from No. 219 to No. 221 in the latest update.

Bridgeton (N.J.) athlete Markquese Bell is a new member of the Top247 debuting at No. 234. He’s giving Florida, Michigan, Clemson and others a strong look.

The Gators also saw one of their commitments, defensive end Zachary Carter, fall outside the Top247 after previously being ranked No. 162 overall.

***The Entire Updated Top247***

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
4-star in-state OL has UF in his top 5:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-offensive-lineman-cleveland-reed-narrows-list-to-five

Florida offensive lineman Cleveland Reed his narrowed his list down to five schools, including two SEC schools.

View image on Twitter
Cnh4WzlXgAErI7R.jpg:large

Follow
D1 cleve @55clevelandreed

These are my Top 5 teams

9:18 PM - 16 Jul 2016

Florida and Kentucky are among the top five schools for the 4-star offensive lineman from Fort Meade, Fla.

He is the 31st best offensive tackle in the country, according to 247Sports Composite Rankings and the 43rd best prospect in Florida. 247Sports Crystal Ball Predictions currently slate him to join the in-state Gators.

North Carolina, Miami and Louisville are the other teams on his list.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I see a lot of kids committed elsewhere on our target list. Not good. This is setting up for another lackluster close.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you seeing something different? We need to have a HUGE year on the field.
All I see is we're over half a year away from the next NSD and we haven't even played a single game of the 2016 season yet. NOBODY knows what's going to happen yet. Well, except you, you seem like you've already made up your mind...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
All I see is we're over half a year away from the next NSD and we haven't even played a single game of the 2016 season yet. NOBODY knows what's going to happen yet. Well, except you, you seem like you've already made up your mind...

No, I am saying that our target list has a bunch of dudes committed to other programs already. You don't see the inherent problem with that? It's hard to flip one or two kids in a recruiting cycle. We need to flip...what...10? That's not exactly a recipe for success. Not having one kid at the opening was pathetic. I guess it's my fault for expecting too much.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, I am saying that our target list has a bunch of dudes committed to other programs already. You don't see the inherent problem with that? It's hard to flip one or two kids in a recruiting cycle. We need to flip...what...10? That's not exactly a recipe for success. Not having one kid at the opening was pathetic. I guess it's my fault for expecting too much.
What you expect, and what you already assume done isn't and shouldn't be the same thing.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why did Zach Carter fall out of the top 247?

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's astounding to me how so many Florida kids are getting stolen away from out of state schools.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's astounding to me how so many Florida kids are getting stolen away from out of state schools.

I still can't believe we only landed 4 of the top 60 Florida kids in last year's recruiting class. Hopefully that's more around 10-12 this year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I still can't believe we only landed 4 of the top 60 Florida kids in last year's recruiting class. Hopefully that's more around 10-12 this year.

Right now we are in the lead for or have committed 9 out of the top 50 in FL. So that looks to be a huge improvement if they can close on them. Gotta close this year. No excuses.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Right now we are in the lead for or have committed 9 out of the top 50 in FL. So that looks to be a huge improvement if they can close on them. Gotta close this year. No excuses.

The LB we just got is ranked #96 in the state of Florida. SMH

Also, the OL from Fletcher HS (Neptune Beach), Cordavian Suggs (6'6 282) committed to Miss State. He was pushing hard for a UF offer. I guess this is a kid they could flip as a Plan B.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like UNC RB commit, Adarius Lemons (4-star from Clearwater), may flip to UF soon. McElwain told him if he commits he'll be the only RB in the class:

From GS:

Friday Night Lights also helped highly recruited Clearwater running back Adarius Lemons, a verbal commitment to the University of North Carolina, narrow his list to two programs.

“Right now it's just Florida and UNC,” Lemons said. “I'm going to be looking at a couple of things, and see how well (the teams) do.

“The biggest thing is me getting the right help, the proper help.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Update on WR Jerry Jeudy (from GS):

And four-star Deerfield Beach wide receiver Jerry Jeudy displayed the skills that impressed scouts at Nike's The Opening in early July.

Nearing the end of Friday's event, Jeudy put a move on Miami commit Akeem Dent and came down with a long pass from Allen. The stadium roared as campers and Gators players showered Jeudy in cheers as the camp drew to an end.

He called the move the highlight of his trip while narrowing his top-two to Alabama and the Gators, but he said there's “a couple more in the list.”

“I just did it naturally,” Jeudy said of the move on Dent. “I've always had (good footwork) since I stepped into high school. I just do what I got to do.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator