SOS being SOS

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"All these other guys have an entourage. I'm an entourage of one," Spurrier said. :cool:

Free Gator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He really has the greatest job in Football right now. One East Championship in 8 years, no worries. No BSC Bowls ever, no worries, beat Clemson 5 years in a row.....greatest football coach in school history.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Free Gator;n17028 said:
He really has the greatest job in Football right now. One East Championship in 8 years, no worries. No BSC Bowls ever, no worries, beat Clemson 5 years in a row.....greatest football coach in school history.

Now the perennial east favorite;
Won multiple Sec East rings,
Owns Richt, Swinney, and the Tinerc coaches;
was Jarvis Moss' fingernail away from going 3-3 vs Nurvous Creyer;

WITH THE TEAM THAT USED TO FIGHT KINTUCKY FOR LAST PLACE.

He may never take that next step in a state with no more talent than SC but yeah he's still the King of the Sec east. maybe that doesnt mean quite as much with Jorga, UF, and Tinerc having jokes as coaches but he is still the king of the east if only by default.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Free Gator;n17028 said:

With that school's resources, he is doing better than even their expectations.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for posting this, Sas. SOS is so far inside Dabo's head that I wonder if it's starting to get boring for him a bit. Hmm... nah!

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
There was NOTHING more satisfying than watching SOS get in the Dawgs head and dominate them yearly! He is the master! I miss the entertainment of a coach who could talk and back it up!

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier just tells it like he sees it. He's not always right, but he gets people talking, and that's enough for me. He's now pushing seventy and is not giving any hint of retiring. I think that is amusing because when he was at Florida, he said that he would never want to coach as long as Bowden, he just couldn't see himself coaching into his late sixties. Well he's now almost 70. I guess he's figured out that it's not a bad thing to continue what you enjoy doing, even if you are older. Urban Meyer won two national titles at Florida, but he's not close to being revered by Florida fans. Remember the old refrain; " Wait until next year!" For those of you to young to remember, it was a common thing to say after the Georgia Bulldogs whipped UF time after time. Spurrier ended that, he dominated the Bulldogs. Now we have a coach that is making the refrain popular again. Is it enough to get Muschamp fired if he loses to Georgia for the fourth year in a row? I doubt it, because Foley's ego may not allow him to admit he didn't pull off a grand coup when he hired Muschamp. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else ,firing Muschamp would be proof that he failed in the most important aspect of his job, choosing the right football coach. He did the same thing when he hired Zook, and the President hired Meyer. This is the same guy that told Spurrier to send in a resume after Zook was fired. I won't go further, but Foley should have never been hired in the first place as UF's A.D.

Free Gator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n17084 said:
Spurrier just tells it like he sees it. He's not always right, but he gets people talking, and that's enough for me. He's now pushing seventy and is not giving any hint of retiring. I think that is amusing because when he was at Florida, he said that he would never want to coach as long as Bowden, he just couldn't see himself coaching into his late sixties. Well he's now almost 70. I guess he's figured out that it's not a bad thing to continue what you enjoy doing, even if you are older. Urban Meyer won two national titles at Florida, but he's not close to being revered by Florida fans. Remember the old refrain; " Wait until next year!" For those of you to young to remember, it was a common thing to say after the Georgia Bulldogs whipped UF time after time. Spurrier ended that, he dominated the Bulldogs. Now we have a coach that is making the refrain popular again. Is it enough to get Muschamp fired if he loses to Georgia for the fourth year in a row? I doubt it, because Foley's ego may not allow him to admit he didn't pull off a grand coup when he hired Muschamp. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else ,firing Muschamp would be proof that he failed in the most important aspect of his job, choosing the right football coach. He did the same thing when he hired Zook, and the President hired Meyer. This is the same guy that told Spurrier to send in a resume after Zook was fired. I won't go further, but Foley should have never been hired in the first place as UF's A.D.

um, so you think Spurrier's comments were funny???

and contrary to your screen name, you are crazy....

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Beating Clemson 5 in a row is all he needs to be loved by the South Carolina faithful.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any coach that takes three different teams from bad or average to the top of their conference is something special. He will be in the HOF some day, and his visor tosses and quips will be equally as famous as his coaching prowess.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier is so far deep in Dabo's head that he is more worried about his next one liner than actually trying to beat Spurrier on the field. SOS is working him like a damn puppet.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I wish I remember when he coached here. I was young, but I have watched re-runs of our games from the 90s numerous times and the way he could carve a defense was incredible. He is by far my favorite coach. I wish he was still coaching for the good guys.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Any coach that takes three different teams from bad or average to the top of their conference is something special. He will be in the HOF some day, and his visor tosses and quips will be equally as famous as his coaching prowess.
Agreed!

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
I wish I remember when he coached here. I was young, but I have watched re-runs of our games from the 90s numerous times and the way he could carve a defense was incredible. He is by far my favorite coach. I wish he was still coaching for the good guys.
There is little doubt that he put his stamp on this program and put the university on the college football map. A legend for sure.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought this was pretty priceless too. This is a screen shot of when ESPN asked Saban how he sells playing time to his recruits

BtK1fmbCEAEgp5M.jpg

BTW, just how many telephone books do you think Saban is sitting on in that picture?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;17231 said:
I thought this was pretty priceless too. This is a screen shot of when ESPN asked Saban how he sells playing time to his recruits
BtK1fmbCEAEgp5M.jpg
BTW, just how many telephone books do you think Saban is sitting on in that picture?

Spurrier looks like he just wants to punch him in his mug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator