SOURCE: Hugh Freeze is top coaching target Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
If Freeze wants to stay at Ole Miss it might mean he is not the right guy for the pressure cooker that is Florida. He may be quite satisfied being a very well paid also ran in Podunk. This job just might require a more driven person. Who knows. The job isn't for everybody.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They should be happy but they will turn on him when he goes 7-5 next season with their situation next season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n121646 said:
This is out of control. Ole Miss fans are celebrating like they've staved off some sort of coup d'etat from Florida to steal their coach, media outlets are talking about what a great "win" this is for Ole Miss, while Florida fans express doom and gloom over the guy they "lost." Meanwhile, if you believe UF officials and ESPN, UF never even contacted Freeze.

@McMurphyESPN: Hugh Freeze gets new deal at Ole Miss but Florida never contacted Freeze or Ole Miss source told @ESPN

His agent was contacted to guage interest. I doubt he was every fully offered.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Its just wording of course - Foley never offers anyone officially unless they are going to accept and Foley had a 3rd party doing the talking with Freeze's agent I would think.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n121350 said:
Again, it's great to have our own varying opinions on this. But really?

You'd be willing to go down the coordinator road again with Morris? There's nothing that indicates he's ready to run a team, and we could very easily end up with the offensive version of WM.

Fedora? The guy just got raped by NCST.

Gundy? Decent fit, but very much a OC with a HC title. He's openly admitted that he often doesn't even watch his own defensive series because that's not his concern. Even Spurrier didn't have that mindset. And as much as I know we want to see points scored, in this league, you have to be able to stop opponents as well. That approach simply won't work when we face teams like Lsu, uga, etc every year.

I just don't get how those guys are good, but a guy who took a dead program and brought it to life is bad.

The Chad Morris boat has sailed. He agreed to leave Clemson to head up Southern Methodist, who was seriously thinking of closing down their football program. I guess the big boosters there (a) convinced their administration to keep football and (b) their AD liked Morris.

So we don't need to include him in any more discussions.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
g8rgolfer;n121619 said:
Whoah ... before I move on ... had to just say that this just might be the lamest thing I have read in a while. I find it very annoying when people who dont know other people (Foley and Freeze in this one) seem to project their own opinions and views on them to base why things happen the way they do. Bullag8r ... your comments above speak volumes about you and NOTHING about Foley or Freeze.

No projecting here skippy. Freeze is an evangelical Christian, outspoken, unapologetic and unabashed ~ just like Tim. If you think I am projecting, read his twitter feed for yourself. Regarding Foley, he is a CEO that thrives on smooth seas and he avoids controversy ~ Ask Steve Spurrier. Foley wouldn't speak up to defend SOS after the late hits on Danny Wuerfful or after Darnel Docket incident or about bad officiating. I can tell you for a fact that Jeremy Foley does not want an ongoing headache of hearing anti-christians belly-ache about the head football coach.

What annoys me, is your presumptive ignorance about Foley and Freeze, about me, who I know and what I know.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n121600 said:
As much as Foley may like what Freeze is doing, I don't believe he would bring Freeze to UF because of Freeze's outspoken and unapologetic Christian faith which is culturally acceptable in Oxford, but would be an ongoing point of controversy in Gainesville. Tim was regularly criticized and told to keep his faith to himself, even by Gator fans. Foley does not want a head football coach that is quoting the Bible and making unpopular decisions based on Christian principles.

Yea, it would just be awful to have a guy with some moral character around the program and the kids... oh the humanity! "Outspoken and unapologetic" about his faith? Should he do the opposite and apologize for it? Do you apologize for yours (or lack thereof)? And making decisions based off Christian principles is now something that we want to distance ourselves from? That damn Tebow sure was a hell of a problem while he was here wasn't he?

This might be the most ignorant and disgusting comment youve ever made, and youve made some dumb ones. Keep your Christian hating views to yourself.

tarjf

Gator Alum
Nov 8, 2014
g8rgolfer;n121619 said:
Whoah ... before I move on ... had to just say that this just might be the lamest thing I have read in a while. I find it very annoying when people who dont know other people (Foley and Freeze in this one) seem to project their own opinions and views on them to base why things happen the way they do. Bullag8r ... your comments above speak volumes about you and NOTHING about Foley or Freeze.

This comment (the original quote) should not even be justified with a response...this is trolling at its finest...

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n121673 said:
Yea, it would just be awful to have a guy with some moral character around the program and the kids... oh the humanity! "Outspoken and unapologetic" about his faith? Should he do the opposite and apologize for it? Do you apologize for yours (or lack thereof)? And making decisions based off Christian principles is now something that we want to distance ourselves from? That damn Tebow sure was a hell of a problem while he was here wasn't he?

This might be the most ignorant and disgusting comment youve ever made, and youve made some dumb ones. Keep your Christian hating views to yourself.

You should read and understand before you have a stroke. I did not advocate anything you moron. I only stated what Freeze is known for and what Foley is known for and pointed out the animosity directed at Tim for living his faith.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121681 said:
I am sorry it was reported that OM offered him 4MM and Florida offered him 4.3MM. Coincidently, he just signed at 4MM. So we are supposed to believe that the report was BS, when one of the numbers was spot on.

Yes, that report is probably complete BS, and probably came from a very non-official source. However, the sources refuting that very specific report you posted include Ole Miss officials and UF officials and ESPN. Doesn't get anymore direct or official than that.

tarjf

Gator Alum
Nov 8, 2014
Bullag8r;n121684 said:
You should read and understand before you have a stroke. I did not advocate anything you moron. I only stated what Freeze is known for and what Foley is known for and pointed out the animosity directed at Tim for living his faith.

I'm telling you the way to deal with morons is to ignore them or just tell them they are right and move on...no need to even debate against his point of view.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n121684 said:

I read every word, and it is very obvious that you were injecting your own feelings into the discussion and not what you think Foleys are. If he didnt like freeze for his religious beliefs, he wouldn't have been guaging interest from him about the job. That's all Im going to say on this, your idiotic comments dont deserve anymore attention.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121702 said:
We will just have to agree to disagree. I wish him the best-unless he is playing Florida.

Where are you getting any information that says anything different other than a message board?

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n121697 said:
I read every word, and it is very obvious that you were injecting your own feelings into the discussion and not what you think Foleys are. If he didnt like freeze for his religious beliefs, he wouldn't have been guaging interest from him about the job. That's all Im going to say on this, your idiotic comments dont deserve anymore attention.

You obviously need some remedial reading comprehension assistance, because I made a simple observation. Here is the quote:

Originally posted by Bullag8r View Post
As much as Foley may like what Freeze is doing, I don't believe he would bring Freeze to UF because of Freeze's outspoken and unapologetic Christian faith which is culturally acceptable in Oxford, but would be an ongoing point of controversy in Gainesville. Tim was regularly criticized and told to keep his faith to himself, even by Gator fans. Foley does not want a head football coach that is quoting the Bible and making unpopular decisions based on Christian principles.

Please tell me what is idiotic about anything in that statement. Put up or shut up.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Elation with the Ole Miss fan base, dejection among at least part of the UF fan base, yet quite possibly, Freeze never was the guy.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121539 said:
Yes I am assuming that based on reports that we unofficially offered him $4.3MM vs the $4MM he just agreed to. After taxes, that works out to $180K difference, with a whole different level of pressure. What made Foley think that Freeze was going to leave over that measly sum. We were really cheap about it, and now we are looking at the third tier. Ole miss has now set the bar for pay for a second tier coach at a second tier program. The worst thing that we could do is end up paying third tier coach more than he is worth because our backs are up against the wall.

Not exactly. There's no state income tax in Florida, so he'd be keeping a bigger chunk of his money than he would be in Mississppi. Probably about a half million more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator