SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You don’t because no one likes to work for Dan. Hell our former OC left to become a QB coach in the NFL. A step backwards, why? Dan.

no good coaches are going to come on board and Dan has shown he doesn’t know how to hire good coaches…we’re ****eed

Interesting but we should understand that improvements are possible. and no a college oc job is not better than an NFL job, if not immediately then in the longer term.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

From Article:

“There’s tremendous support from him every day, ‘What can I do to help?’” Mullen said of Stricklin, who also was his boss from 2010-17 at Mississippi State. “The administration is 100% on board with what we’re doing and looking to the future.

“I don’t feel any pressure from anyone in the building.”

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
On the SEC media telephone conference instead of intro’ing with a preview of the SC game, Mullen chose to “speak to all Gator fans” about how he was misinterpreted regarding recruiting and they are always recruiting.

He then tried to explain away shutting down all contact as having the team focus and suggesting he gave media everyday because he added his one private interview with the Orl rag.

It was obvious he was told he had to give this scripted intro and he sounded like a kid being forced to apologize to a sibling for hitting them. Meaning it was meek,sad, mumbled, and wholly disingenuous.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
He can say whatever he wants to but there is a lot of "noise in the system" as Zook used to say. If he drops another bad one it is going to become too loud to ignore.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
adc3759d-3122-4e55-b001-406fbe51de5e_text.gif
Bout 7.5 Mil per Year.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This whole mess is so bizarre! From the top with Stricklin down to Sports media having the green light to be critical of Mullen.

He doesnt want to be here and it shows. I'm ok with cutting him loose this year. Giving him new assistants wont work because he's the smartest guy in the room and no one worth anything could work under him.

Finally, I have to ask myself; would I worry if Dan Mullen was on the opposite sidelines against us? The answer is, no!

I'm guessing he's out with the way everything is playing out.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting but we should understand that improvements are possible. and no a college oc job is not better than an NFL job, if not immediately then in the longer term.

OC left to be a qb coach.... Move college OC to NFL OC is an upgrade... moving from College OC to NFL QB coach is a downgrade.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On the SEC media telephone conference instead of intro’ing with a preview of the SC game, Mullen chose to “speak to all Gator fans” about how he was misinterpreted regarding recruiting and they are always recruiting.

He then tried to explain away shutting down all contact as having the team focus and suggesting he gave media everyday because he added his one private interview with the Orl rag.

It was obvious he was told he had to give this scripted intro and he sounded like a kid being forced to apologize to a sibling for hitting them. Meaning it was meek,sad, mumbled, and wholly disingenuous.

Because he went off script on Monday...

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
OC left to be a qb coach.... Move college OC to NFL OC is an upgrade... moving from College OC to NFL QB coach is a downgrade.

Well we all have our opinions, yours is fine for you but not for me.

Perhaps explaining my logic would help you.

In the NFL you don't have to go and pander to young players. You get to show your talents and make connections to NFL people. Your NFL options might be better than staying in college.

So there are reasons, now of course he might have left because the QB he could develop in a way he desired was gone, or that the HC is an ass. I don't know his motivations, neither do you.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: Rick Neuheisel on @SXMCollege about Florida’s Dan Mullen: “I know Dan & like him & respect him: if he gets an NFL chance I think he’ll take it. I think he’s tired of this (at Florida)”

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
@Brett_McMurphy: Rick Neuheisel on @SXMCollege about Florida’s Dan Mullen: “I know Dan & like him & respect him: if he gets an NFL chance I think he’ll take it. I think he’s tired of this (at Florida)”
Obviously he’s more suited for OC role. He’s not head coach material. Wonder if CUM tries to get the band back together?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SOME Nfl team SURELY wants their QBs as the primary rushers!!!!

This is as sad as Butters publicly begging for Oregon St and Nebraska jobs.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

How many times is this loser mother fucher gonna be allowed to publicly ask for another job? He's the 5th or 6th highest paid coach in football at a for sure top 5 school to recruit to and win because of location and yet the higher ups just let him embarrass them like this over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator