Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Stricklin is his own man. I do know this, not in a million years would Foley have approached Kelly. He'd have struck and high and mighty principled pose over the idea. We're better than that, who's available in the Mountain West?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
i'm, not convinced the dude either just doesn't know football or drunk off his ass constantly.

he does the DUMBEST shyt, like --perhaps 80%-- running same plays (screen, inside run/draw, screen/crossing route).

and he REGULARLY does stuff that actually hurts the offense, like running a draw on a down when they are expecting a run or running playaction on 3rd and long when everyone knows you aren't running.

He is the biggest obstacle to our offense. Not talent. Not QB. Not OL. Him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Stricklin is his own man. I do know this, not in a million years do I think Foley would have approached Kelly. He'd have struck and high and mighty principled pose over the idea. We're better than that, who's available in the Mountain West?
i noticed last night that Fooley's backup plan if McElstain fell through was Hudspeth at LaLa. He was 6-6 last year and is 4-4 this year.

he always had the magic of finding the bargain.

anyone have any questions about why the conferences didn't hire him as a conf pres?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Man, if we were to hire Kelly, it would send shock waves through the SEC. The country for that matter.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Stricklin is his own man. I do know this, not in a million years would Foley have approached Kelly. He'd have struck and high and mighty principled pose over the idea. We're better than that, who's available in the Mountain West?
Yeah there is no way Foley would have even considered him which is exactly why i am glad he is gone. I've wanted Kelly here for years...I think that offense with the talent in this state could be freaking insane.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just please bring a solid DC with you, Chip, and we'll go places.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'd find it admirable if he wanted to be the guy to help propel UCF into a big conference.

I'd find that admirable any year the UF or Nebraska job isn't on the table. That's just plain dumb

Who knows, maybe that means Nebraska would keep their current HC one more year. With contact through various back channels, it’s possible Frost let Nebraska know his game plan and they’re willing to wait another season to land him. My understanding is that Frost & Tom Osborne are pretty close.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Frost has made a woefully incorrect calculation if he's declined Florida in order to stay at UCF to try and build something. The synergy and opportunity in Gainesville make way too much sense.

I gotta see this all to believe it. I still think Frost is the guy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Huge upgrade either way, but Frost is much younger and you could reasonably expect him to be around longer. Kelly? He's got Meyer written all over him.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

OurProgramIsBroken

Oct 29, 2017
And all the stuff about recruiting is stupid. Look at Alabama for instance.

Saban does not personally recruit everybody. His staff does. And he has monsters on his staf

The reason Alabama is not running away with the recruiting title this year is because both Cristobal and Kirby are gone.
You forgot briefcases of money, vehicles, and relocating families of committed recruits

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
not to be "Debbie Downer" but did Chip have any real college success without Scott Frost as his O/C? Honest question, not sarcasm. My concern is that we get a guy who was "the face" of the program but not "the brains" of the program. Like when Mullen left and Addazio came in. Urban was still the HC but the program really was hitting on all cylinders like it was with Mullen. More important than the HC is the OC/DC as far as I am concerned. I would prefer Frost over Kelly simply because I have seen him be successful @ both HC/OC and know that he can be both the brains and the face of the program. Again, not poo-pooing a Kelly hire. Just really wonder what we would be getting. Make sense??

Chip was the OC at Oregon for a few seasons under Belotti before he became HC.

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
Huge upgrade either way, but Frost is much younger and you could reasonably expect him to be around longer. Kelly? He's got Meyer written all over him.

Kelly is younger than Saban was when he was hired at bama. How's that working out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator