Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n103921 said:
Oh, I should accept being called a liar! That might be how things are done in your world, but, I operate by different standards. You only have a problem if people do not agree with you. Had I agreed with what was said, you wouldn't have had a "problem"- it's only a "problem" when someone disagrees. I see!
GI, I thought you were smarter than this. There's a difference between telling someone they don't know what they are talking about and calling them a liar. I never called you a liar. YOU, on the other hand, flat out called my sources liars. So how are you so much better in this situation?

Unbunch your panties, it's a message board.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
alcoholica;n103918 said:
I hope Muschamp is retained, if for no other reason than to make all of the "Fire Muschamp no matter what" folks have to deal with another year. Your constant closed mindedness to the current play and refusal to actually enjoy and cheer and be proud of our team these past two weeks is more annoying than watching Driskel play QB. You deserve to have to sit through another year. And if we continue to turn this around and improve, you deserve to have to watch someone you hate so much....succeed. So...if we lose out, I still want Muschamp, just because it'll upset you more than the rest of us.

Im not a champ hater. I wish he was our guy. I think you show more hate towards our university by wanting him to stay. I believe he will never win out and the program will continue to loose untold millions under his watch. Not good for our future. We dont want to be another Tennessee...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n103918 said:
I hope Muschamp is retained, if for no other reason than to make all of the "Fire Muschamp no matter what" folks have to deal with another year. Your constant closed mindedness to the current play and refusal to actually enjoy and cheer and be proud of our team these past two weeks is more annoying than watching Driskel play QB. You deserve to have to sit through another year. And if we continue to turn this around and improve, you deserve to have to watch someone you hate so much....succeed. So...if we lose out, I still want Muschamp, just because it'll upset you more than the rest of us.

No words dude...none. How many tickets for the Titanic can I put you down for? The whole fam or just you? Let me know...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n103923 said:
Im not a champ hater. I wish he was our guy. I think you show more hate towards our university by wanting him to stay. I believe he will never win out and the program will continue to loose untold millions under his watch. Not good for our future. We dont want to be another Tennessee...

I keep hearing about these losses of millions, but going back to the AAU financial breakdown due to their presentation, which I posted the numbers to about a month ago. The football program is on pace to generate the most revenue in it's history. So where are these losses of untold millions?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n103921 said:
Oh, I should accept being called a liar! That might be how things are done in your world, but, I operate by different standards. You only have a problem if people do not agree with you. Had I agreed with what was said, you wouldn't have had a "problem"- it's only a "problem" when someone disagrees. I see!

:lol:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n103918 said:

So, basically the Missouri game was almost four weeks ago. Let it go, never happened.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n103918 said:

So, who is letting their personal feelings get in the way of rational thinking? I thought that had been your argument all along.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n103938 said:
So, who is letting their personal feelings get in the way of rational thinking? I thought that had been your argument all along.
Amazing isn't it? It may have been the most ironic post I've ever seen. He is vowing to do exactly what he says he despises.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n103940 said:
Wow, this thread is progressing nicely..........
It's nice to get some lively discussion around this dead place. So what's your opinion, 'crete?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n103941 said:
It's nice to get some lively discussion around this dead place. So what's your opinion, 'crete?

Ox you know I never like to argue.....I see a thread that is tearing the board apart for no good reason. NONE of us know for sure what is going to happen here. I feel that Muschamp will not be publically fired unless we lose to EKU. I think Foley is sitting on the fence praying for a miracle but he will do the right thing if it doesn't happen. My biggest concerns about UF football are when I hear people say they want to keep Muschamp even if he loses out....or fire him if he wins out including the SECCG !!!! Neither one is very likely and we don't control the outcome either way.
The only thing that is important to me is that the Gators win, regardless of who the coach is, QB is, or the water boy for that matter. I know it's a valid topic but it is one I don't like to see people get worked up over.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n103772 said:
1. Missouri - 2014 - kept putting the guy who gave us the best chance to win back in the game...even though he was clearly in a mental meltdown.
2. First game of the 2012 season...totally different scenario compared to this season.
3. He said he had a quarterback who could throw, but said quarterback proved him wrong way too many times. Now, he apparently has one...
4. I am admittedly weak here...so I'll eat this one.

1. Mizzou 2014 - I agree he should have played Driskel more, but remember Treon was out one week prior due to suspension and had only been back at practice for one week. This may have had something to do with why that happened. I do think he should have put Treon in earlier. I thought Treon should have started the UT game. That is my biggest complaint about Muschamp... I don't know how much Treon had progressed and knew of the offense, but Driskel certainly doesn't have the skills. I think the Mizzou game was the breaking point for Muschamp on Driskel from a TO perspective. I don't see how he gets fired then decides to make this change.

2. He had fake's against USCe in 2013 and Vandy in 2012. He has done a lot of fake's.

3. He has tried to throw more during the season and multiple times with Jeff. It just never worked out. The bigger difference isn't that he is calling more passes, it's that they are completing them.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n103918 said:

Don't want to go as far as the last sentence, but I understand the way he feels with the rest of it. Probably be a lot of this.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n103928 said:
I keep hearing about these losses of millions, but going back to the AAU financial breakdown due to their presentation, which I posted the numbers to about a month ago. The football program is on pace to generate the most revenue in it's history. So where are these losses of untold millions?

Its probably losses compared to where we would be if we hadn't fallen down the list now.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TheDouglas78;n103928 said:

Just an observation. Many arent renewing their season tickets and others have voiced their displeasure and have said no more donations until he is gone. Attendance is low and will most likely continue to dwindle if he were to be retained. I dont have access to numbers but am willing to bet merchandise sales are at a pretty low point. Recruiting is suffering. I have never claimed to know much but I think there are obvious signs of regression.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n103939 said:
Amazing isn't it? It may have been the most ironic post I've ever seen. He is vowing to do exactly what he says he despises.

Irony is a hell of a drug.

I hope we win out. I think we still have a good shot to win the SEC East and even FSU. I'm simply stating that I'd love to see Champ stay despite the record. All of the negative attitudes on here have gotten to me. UF is still a University first. With the exception of the Treon allegation, which many believe was a false allegation, we haven't had any off the field issues. By all accounts he is instilling character into the young men and helping them mature and grow up. I think he is good for the University.

If people on here want to boil everything down to a football program, that's your choice, but it's narrow minded and short sighted. How many Bullgators do we have on here? They are the only ones with any real pull over the situation. The new TV contracts will keep us in the black regardless. That is mostly due to Foley not going whole hog on new facilities. Many other SEC programs are now leveraged to the hilt, not UF.

But hey, maybe we should bring an Urban Meyer type back. Let the inmates run the asylum. We can be FSU east. BTW, what do you think happens there once Jameis leaves?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the fact that Florida Football is not a high priority in my life has given me a different perspective. I still watch every week and yell and scream. And I've thoroughly enjoyed the last two weeks. If FSU beats us, I don't really care. I know plenty of FSU fans who'd brag and gloat. My response will be the same. Did you even go to FSU? If not, how could you not even get in there. If yes, then I'm really sorry that you couldn't get into UF.

There is so much more to going to UF than the sports program. I rooted for the Gator regardless, and I will continue to do so. But the petty hatred on here is absolutely ridiculous. If that is you sole motivation, which it obviously is for some, I hope Muschamp stays for a long time, just to spite you. Because I'll root for the Gators every Saturday regardless. My love for UF does not hinge on a football record.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n103943 said:
Ox you know I never like to argue.....I see a thread that is tearing the board apart for no good reason
Tearing the board apart? Quite dramatic. These are debates, not arguments. It's what people do on message boards.

I was kinda glad GI overreacted, it was good to have something to talk about this morning. I don't have any personal ill will towards anybody on this board, just disagree with certain viewpoints. Take alcoholica for example. Him and I want the exact same thing. Our goals for this team are identical. We just may not agree on what steps should be taken to get there. However, despite what he thinks, I'm sitting in front of my TV cheering for the Gators like always, just like him. These are family fights and you always love your family even if you sometimes want to kill them.

If Muschamp is retained, I will force myself to get over it. I'm not going to be a negative nellie into next season.

We aren't going to know anything until December 1st at the earliest.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n103965 said:
Irony is a hell of a drug.

I hope we win out. I think we still have a good shot to win the SEC East and even FSU. I'm simply stating that I'd love to see Champ stay despite the record. All of the negative attitudes on here have gotten to me. UF is still a University first. With the exception of the Treon allegation, which many believe was a false allegation, we haven't had any off the field issues. By all accounts he is instilling character into the young men and helping them mature and grow up. I think he is good for the University.

If people on here want to boil everything down to a football program, that's your choice, but it's narrow minded and short sighted. How many Bullgators do we have on here? They are the only ones with any real pull over the situation. The new TV contracts will keep us in the black regardless. That is mostly due to Foley not going whole hog on new facilities. Many other SEC programs are now leveraged to the hilt, not UF.

But hey, maybe we should bring an Urban Meyer type back. Let the inmates run the asylum. We can be FSU east. BTW, what do you think happens there once Jameis leaves?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the fact that Florida Football is not a high priority in my life has given me a different perspective. I still watch every week and yell and scream. And I've thoroughly enjoyed the last two weeks. If FSU beats us, I don't really care. I know plenty of FSU fans who'd brag and gloat. My response will be the same. Did you even go to FSU? If not, how could you not even get in there. If yes, then I'm really sorry that you couldn't get into UF.

There is so much more to going to UF than the sports program. I rooted for the Gator regardless, and I will continue to do so. But the petty hatred on here is absolutely ridiculous. If that is you sole motivation, which it obviously is for some, I hope Muschamp stays for a long time, just to spite you. Because I'll root for the Gators every Saturday regardless. My love for UF does not hinge on a football record.
We disagree on a few things, but I'm glad you're a member of this board and regularly contribute, especially during these tough times.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I agree ox, if he were retained I would be pulling for him to succeed just like I have for 4 years. It would be a decision I believe we would live to regret but I still will hope we win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.