Spring ball: Spring Scrimmage on Saturday

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox needs to understand hes fighting an uphill battle trying to change our hearts on billy.
The only thing that can change hearts on Billy is winning games on Saturdays. Nothing that anyone does or says in the offseason means diddly squat. I'm just trying to balance out the board a bit, which has become so toxic it's in danger of capsizing like Guam.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
The only thing that can change hearts on Billy is winning games on Saturdays. Nothing that anyone does or say in the offseason means diddly squat. I'm just trying to balance out the board a bit, which has become so toxic it's in danger of capsizing like Guam.
Nbc Noice GIF by Law & Order

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
"perception vs reality issue... some young players that made young mistakes..."

"but the stats say we were pretty good at STs and we were one of the top teams in the coutnry in a few categories."

"weve addressed those issues and if you watch the tape, coaches would respect what we did"

and this answer is WHY nothing has or will change. He looks at a disaster and thinks were doing great.
this guy is F####N MORON!!!

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
"perception vs reality issue... some young players that made young mistakes..."

"but the stats say we were pretty good at STs and we were one of the top teams in the coutnry in a few categories."

"weve addressed those issues and if you watch the tape, coaches would respect what we did"

and this answer is WHY nothing has or will change. He looks at a disaster and thinks were doing great.
this guy is F####N MORON!!!
That's when I turned it off. Sheer delusion

Billy in NASCAR: yes we only had three wheels on the car but we still came in towards the top of the middle of the pack.

Billy in golf: yes our caddy lost all the putters but we came in just over par.

Billy in swimming: our guys didn't have goggles but still but still made good time.

Billy in hockey: Sure we couldn't find a hockey puck but we used ice cubes instead and played a heck of a game.

What he should have said was "I'm a detailed oriented guy and we can't be successful with those kinds of mistakes. We have addressed that significantly, and there is no guy on our team that will ever forget that number, 11."

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Ox needs to understand hes fighting an uphill battle trying to change our hearts on billy. The die has been cast. He is what he is. Not likely to change.
I am personally happy with the state of the program. The shyte is comical but it allows me to be disengaged which is better for my mental well being. I can point and just laugh during the games when we inevitably shyte the bed and make boneheaded plays. I appreciate Billy giving me this gift. He has broken my give-o-fcuhs meter.
There is a certain freedom that comes with not giving a fuch. I do wish Ox would get ahold of it.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
If you really didn't give a fuch you wouldn't be here.
I never said I don't give a fuch. I just remember not caring or actively rooting for losses at the end of the Mullen and McSharkie tenures so that we could move on from them. Losing becomes an absurd habit that is hard to break. You find a way to lose. The losing losers that lose all the time need to move on to something else. Or at least, not coach the Gators.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anzalone agrees cover 3 is stupid on a passing down.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Fugh you guys making me seem like I’m defending a losing 4th and 16 call, but Urbs analysis is that cover 3 is weak against the outside intermediate routes. They threw to the middle, not the weak spot Meyer was highlighting. Rather, especially knowing down and distance we should have had numbers across for coverage. But, as CJGJ pointed out, nunnery is biting on a ghost. Look at his depth, he’s eliminated himself from the play and 10 yards from the nearest threat.

E65D34C6-A239-469A-AB78-FAE7081F5104.png

I’d rather see us helping presnap with a deeper sticks type concept where those underneath zone coverages are nearly at the first down marker, cover three wasn’t the full problem here and it’s weakness to the edges didn’t cause this breakdown.

It also didn’t cause Nunnery to be standing alone in the middle of the field. If you’re slower you better be smarter.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fugh you guys making me seem like I’m defending a losing 4th and 16 call, but Urbs analysis is that cover 3 is weak against the outside intermediate routes. They threw to the middle, not the weak spot Meyer was highlighting. Rather, especially knowing down and distance we should have had numbers across for coverage. But, as CJGJ pointed out, nunnery is biting on a ghost. Look at his depth, he’s eliminated himself from the play and 10 yards from the nearest threat.

View attachment 69321

I’d rather see us helping presnap with a deeper sticks type concept where those underneath zone coverages are nearly at the first down marker, cover three wasn’t the full problem here and it’s weakness to the edges didn’t cause this breakdown.

It also didn’t cause Nunnery to be standing alone in the middle of the field. If you’re slower you better be smarter.
It isnt JUST weak on the edges. It is weak because you have LBs on WRs in this case downfield. You have three LBs trying for cover a 50 yard field. With the corners underneath you have the LBs tight inside and the .faster.CVs taking up a disproportionate space to the outsides. The LBs box gets much smaller.

Regardless, unless you have some absolute freak of a LB, the WR is at a huge advantage.

While we are at it what is your perception of what Castell did?

Frankly everyone except the left receiver was open, some were so open that it apparently confused the FRESHMAN QB.

I'll give you some help here. The NFL middle linebacker is the one who's correct, which is why he's an NFL middle linebacker aka the captain of the defense.

It's too late tonight but maybe tomorrow we'll go back and look at the play that set all this up, and the play that exemplifies why Drinkwitz dominated Slingblade in the Sunbelt.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It isnt JUST weak on the edges. It is weak because you have LBs on WRs in this case downfield. Unless you have some absolute freak of a LB, the WR is at a huge advantage.

While we are at it what is your perception of what Castell did?

Frankly everyone except the left receiver was open, some so open that it apparently confused the FRESHMAN QB.

I'll give you some help here. the NFL middle linebacker is the one who's correct, which is why he's an NFL middle linebacker aka the captain of the defense.

It's too late tonight but maybe tomorrow we'll go back and look at the play that set all this up, and the play that exemplifies why Drinkwitz dominated Slingblade in the Sunbelt.
You misread my post. The call was not the “full” fault on the play. I just pointed out that Nunnery did play it like shyte.

To your larger point, we can agree (I think) that personnel, play call, and coaching are not good on that play (and coaching likely led to Nunnery’s positioning too).

But nunnery looks awful there for a play he chose to highlight on Twitter.

I did not watch Castell on the play since he wasn’t blaming others while 10 yards away from anyone and was not the focus of the tweets.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You misread my post. The call was not the “full” fault on the play. I just pointed out that Nunnery did play it like shyte.

To your larger point, we can agree (I think) that personnel, play call, and coaching are not good on that play (and coaching likely led to Nunnery’s positioning too).

But nunnery looks awful there for a play he chose to highlight on Twitter.

I did not watch Castell on the play since he wasn’t blaming others while 10 yards away from anyone and was not the focus of the tweets.
everything looked awful b/c it was. i cant expect kids to play well and be in proper position and at the same time be slamming the coaching staff for absolute sht coaching, sht development, sht scheme, and sht playcalling. that same play call, while still a poor one for that down/distance, would have had a much higher chance of success with the same players running it, had those players had sound coaching and development prior to the snap. the whole thing is diarreah and needs a major flush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.