• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I'm thinking what was offered as an implied explanation was that it might be smart to ration out our next two recruit-classes numerically. So next year's beyond-transition class could have the right spots available when those very best hold-out 2019 & 2020 recruits would be presented with more persuasive records, more "tried & trued" coach-staff to offer a greater more rational draw for recruits to compare to other schools not coming off a 4-8 debacle. Something like that.

There is too much high-powered "sales-pitch" on the negative here that has grown out of the last 8 years of a failing program. "Oh no. No one can say we could improve by 65%-70%. We'll only allow a fan to say UF will improve by 10% at the most. Any claim beyond that ... well you're a fool." This is a sports board, no enthusiasm lives here.??

You're on a roll Rog. I can see the causes for concern, but unrelenting gloom and doom ain't much fun.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dan Mullen discusses his thoughts following Florida's first spring scrimmage

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ts-following-floridas-first-spring-scrimmage/

Here are the highlights from Mullen’s Monday afternoon media session:

• Thoughts on the QBs following the first scrimmage? They were okay. We put a lot on their plates. They need to learn how to act. They are too worried about making a big play, making up for the last play. No one cares what the last play was, they are going to be judged on the next play.
  • Any thought about making QBs live in a scrimmage? Maybe at some point, like in the red zone… It’s not always them that you worry about, it’s the friendly fire and the bystanders around, guys whipping around others’ legs, etc.
  • Can you offer up some additional comments on the QBs following their first scrimmage? Their decision making needs work. If you don’t make a good decision, you can’t force it on the next down to make up for the previous down.
  • How was Franks’ attitude after a tough outing? He was great, he was in there today. He is very, very hungry to learn everything about the QB position. We need to get him smiling more. It is what it is. He’s the guy, he’s got to learn the situation. No matter how good things are going, how good they are, you are a day from going away… He’s very hungry to learn every aspect of the QB position.
  • Have you ever had a QB with Kyle Trask’s background? I don’t know if I’ve had that. I’ve had guys that didn’t start until their senior seasons in high school. It’s about what you are learning when you are here. It’s our job to coach him as hard as we can and it’s his job to perform as hard as he can.
  • Any defensive standouts from the scrimmage? There were a couple, I don’t know individually anyone that jumped out at me. There were guys that made plays but those same guys missed plays. It’s about consistency for me.
  • How well did Kyle Trask manage the game? I thought he did a good job. He had a turnover that was tough… I was checking plays behind the line of scrimmage that we will go back over today and should help (the QBs) moving forward.
  • Thoughts on the team’s pass rush in the scrimmage? I thought we looked athletic in the pass rush. If you can do it with just the defensive line without rushing others, that helps. We need some depth on the backend but if our DL pressers, that’s a big help.
  • Do you have an update on Tyrie Cleveland? We hope he’s back this week. He’s had a hamstring issue in the past so we won’t force that one at all.
  • Can you touch on why California recruiting has picked up for the program? I don’t know if it’s (just) there, it’s everywhere for us. Obviously, the state of Florida is our priority but we brand ourselves nationally… I think it says a lot about our program… that kids fly in from all over the country to see us.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Mullen says he saw his two quarterbacks trying to make up for one mistake by doing too much on the next play.

“If I make a mistake on first down, human nature says on second down I’m going to go make up for that mistake I made on first down. OK?” Mullen said. “Nope, manage the game. Take what the defense gives you, to the right read, get to the right check and keep the right footwork. Same thing as if I just hit a big play before, ‘Hey, we’re in great shape.’ Nope, manage the next play. Take what the defense gives you. Put us in the best position to be successful. And that’s the learning curve they’re going through.”

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/mullen-battling-human-nature-with-his-quarterbacks/

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone in gator nation have any confidence Franks can do this? :fear:

Well.... I dont have any faith that Mullinz has ever allowed a QB to do this.

Lemur offense was always his thing. All 11 looking to the sideline waiting for audible

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Well.... I dont have any faith that Mullinz has ever allowed a QB to do this.

Lemur offense was always his thing. All 11 looking to the sideline waiting for audible

Franks shows no ability to do this and I highly doubt a QB who hasn't started since 7th or 8th grade will be able to audible in any meaningful capacity. For next season, I'd rather have our QBs looking to the sidelines.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone in gator nation have any confidence Franks can do this? :fear:

About as much confidence as I had in Driskel doing something like that. Franks comes off as someone who might even struggle reading the DE on read option plays. I remember Driskel messing that up when Roper tried it a few times early in 2014.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Traz, some think DM granted with a bit more momentum + Gator players might produce 10% better results = knocks 50 yards of that 500 ... but 20% better knocks 100 yards off ... 30% better = 150 yards off >> off results that MSU Starkeville recruits cranked out.??

Put an equivalent way : you're saying UF got Mississippi State coaching coming here, so we're gonna get MSU results here, essentially.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Humiliation? It was a good transition class. You have lost your mind.
No I've not lost my mind.....In fact if it makes you and the rest of the sliding scale recruitniks happy I'll refer to the class of 19 as "All thriller and no filler".....:lmao2:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes please..... but I could care less about having it as a name.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.