• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I cannot recall U of F defenses repeatedly leaving wide-open express lanes gaping in the middle for opposing RBs to run straightline through? If some contend that our coaches will be that negligent, I'm sure our attentive players will put a stop to that. DM & crew aren't going to make UF performances worse than before. I'm expecting a better us first game, getting better game after game as the coaches and players learn about each other, especially with players that don't wear down like before and with straightaway better strength than ever. IMO our 2018 stats will more closely match pumpers' predictions than dumpers' predictions. Grow Gators !

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I cannot recall U of F defenses repeatedly leaving wide-open express lanes gaping in the middle for opposing RBs to run straightline through? If some contend that our coaches will be that negligent, I'm sure our attentive players will put a stop to that. DM & crew aren't going to make UF performances worse than before. I'm expecting a better us first game, getting better game after game as the coaches and players learn about each other, especially with players that don't wear down like before and with straightaway better strength than ever. IMO our 2018 stats will more closely match pumpers' predictions than dumpers' predictions. Grow Gators !

It was 1 play in a practice....

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It was 1 play in a practice....

To strengthen your point: it was one play in the first scrimmage of the first spring of an entirely new coaching staff. Also, big plays happen due to busted assignments against the best teams on occasion. Color me not concerned unless this becomes a recurring theme.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If Trask wins the starting job, we should all chip in and buy donk a Trask jersey.

The donk is dead WRONG on Trask and he knows it. Now he scrambles to knock the kids success just because he hates to be proven WRONG. That's right donk, your WRONG and Trask is making you look like an idiot. Hahahaha

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If you post this again, you get 3 days off. It's been 25 times and that's the maximum allowed.
bookburning.jpg

Look you know damned good and well that it was ridiculous for anyone to state that "we were holding back" :lol2: on this years class.....Utterly ridiculous....I'm sorry if you fell into the group that would believe such a sham...I've been called out on things here that I wasn't even wrong about....Now it's time for some others to share a little well earned humiliation....It's a message board, right? If I get over it so should they(you)...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I do feel it needs to be said because I've seen to many articles praising Trask. He clearly outplayed Franks and he did so in 1v1s and 2v2s. But, lets not go overboard. I've read everything I could and from piecing it all together, it seems Trask was ok with the 1s. He had a couple of good drives, but a number of 3 and outs as well. That's better than Franks who was a complete disaster. I think Franks got more snaps with the 1s. I expect that to change. If our offense is going to be respectable, Trask will have to play much better. His big plays came with the 2s I believe as did Franks.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I do feel it needs to be said because I've seen to many articles praising Trask. He clearly outplayed Franks and he did so in 1v1s and 2v2s. But, lets not go overboard. I've read everything I could and from piecing it all together, it seems Trask was ok with the 1s. He had a couple of good drives, but a number of 3 and outs as well. That's better than Franks who was a complete disaster. I think Franks got more snaps with the 1s. I expect that to change. If our offense is going to be respectable, Trask will have to play much better. His big plays came with the 2s I believe as did Franks.
Also remember the oline came out with the Mac approach early: lethargic, dont care, dont block for anyone mindset. Hard to do anything with a shyt line. They came out ane played way better during the second half. Either way im fairly optimistic we are going to suck this year

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Who ever uttered those words? I guess I missed it....
I simply commented that I wasn't overly impressed with an 18th ranked class after NSD.......Then an entire avalanche about "next year we'll be #1" and "we're saving room for a 5 star filled class next year" ......It was like I missed the Koolaid party or something......

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
bookburning.jpg

Look you know damned good and well that it was ridiculous for anyone to state that "we were holding back" :lol2: on this years class.....Utterly ridiculous....I'm sorry if you fell into the group that would believe such a sham...I've been called out on things here that I wasn't even wrong about....Now it's time for some others to share a little well earned humiliation....It's a message board, right? If I get over it so should they(you)...
Humiliation? It was a good transition class. You have lost your mind.

And that "18th" ranking is all based on numbers and you damn well know it. The quality ranking at 7th tells me one hell of a lot more. That is better than Oklahoma, FSU, Auburn, LSU, and tons of others.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Either way im fairly optimistic we are going to suck this year
It is going to take a year or four to undo this shyt sandwich Fooley made.

To say "we are OK except for the LB and except for the second team" is to say we are Kintucky. It is the SEC injuries happen and players get winded even if not injured. The 2s will be on the field.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Not to worry, it's all just a matter of physics cuz any train takes a while to really get rolling.

Now let's all jump aboard the Trask Train and party!!

giphy.gif

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Of course, Auburn got 511 on MSU ... 561 on Ole Miss ... 629 on Ark ... 496 on aTm ... 488 on UGa ... 482 on Mizou. So against a variety of defenses Auburn stayed near 500 YPG. I think UF athletes will do better than MSU kids on defense.
I certainly expect Mullen & crew do better with UF players than MSU players.??

Well played. I mean, if you like facts and stuff.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who ever uttered those words? I guess I missed it....

I'm thinking what was offered as an implied explanation was that it might be smart to ration out our next two recruit-classes numerically. So next year's beyond-transition class could have the right spots available when those very best hold-out 2019 & 2020 recruits would be presented with more persuasive records, more "tried & trued" coach-staff to offer a greater more rational draw for recruits to compare to other schools not coming off a 4-8 debacle. Something like that.

There is too much high-powered "sales-pitch" on the negative here that has grown out of the last 8 years of a failing program. "Oh no. No one can say we could improve by 65%-70%. We'll only allow a fan to say UF will improve by 10% at the most. Any claim beyond that ... well you're a fool." This is a sports board, no enthusiasm lives here.??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.