• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I need the drink a few tonight.... but ...it is too late.

However that was neither pumping nor dumping, that was factual.

I'm not pumping when I say that Mullen did a good job for his first class. If he does a good job on his second recruiting class I will give him kudos then too. If not I will probably blast him.

If his offense is acceptable then I will say so. If the offense sucks then I will say so. I think few here doubt that.

I will give him some leeway in the first year, because I it's the reasonable thing to do (at least from my.perspective).

I live in the real world. I evaluate.

I am a bandwagon pumperish by nature but I fall off the bandwagon fairly quickly if the results deserve it.

That's what I've always been.
When are you changing your ratios?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I can't believe we couldn't convince him to come here and learn the Veer offense.

Truthfully, though us grabbing EJ really screwed them up.

That kid isn't going to be third string. He knows one of the top two are going to be transferring after the spring game.

Agree. Bama was very concerned about getting another QB and made two very questionable offers (to HS kids) late in the process (both declined). So if one of those two transfer, the ECU kid is #2. Glad we stuck it to them by getting Jones!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from 247 article, Players who will benefit from coaching changes):

CeCe Jefferson, LB, Florida – Defensive Coordinator Todd Grantham

Florida will benefit from Jefferson returning for his senior year, and Jefferson could be in line for a boost as well. After a ho-hum underclassmen run, the former five-star prospect broke out for 13.5 tackles for loss a year ago. It’s still not superstar production from the No. 7 overall player in the 2015 class. Yet, coupled with his talent, it would’ve been more than enough for Jefferson to jump to the NFL. By coming back, Jefferson could turn himself into a first- or second-day draft pick. Under Grantham’s direction, Jefferson might have the scheme that allows him to do that.

Grantham simply labels Jefferson an “edge rusher.” That means Jefferson will be put in positions to do what he does best – get after the quarterback. A likely “tweener” in NFL circles, it’ll be a big help for Jefferson to play as a standup linebacker at times as a senior – a position he needs to show NFL teams he can man. Grantham’s had success in his career coaching players with Jefferson’s combination of size (6-foot-1, 261 pounds) and skills. Former Georgia edge rusher Jarvis Jones, a two-time All-American, is the peak example of that. If he adapts well to the change, Jefferson could be a similar presence for the Gators defense.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I can't believe we couldn't convince him to come here and learn the Veer offense.

Truthfully, though us grabbing EJ really screwed them up.

That kid isn't going to be third string. He knows one of the top two are going to be transferring after the spring game.
It ain't going to be the Hawaiian. He's probably the biggest star in college football heading into next season. If he transferred it would be his own decision to get closer to home because he misses that island poonie, or maybe he's more into poi poi.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Announced on Friday that they hired another recruiting staffer from MSU.
Just a support staffer but still.... MSU gotta be tired of Mullen taking their people. Surprised MSU supporters aren’t lining the airport runway with 30/06 hunting rifles to protect their school from being pillaged any further by UF.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just a support staffer but still.... MSU gotta be tired of Mullen taking their people. Surprised MSU supporters aren’t lining the airport runway with 30/06 hunting rifles to protect their school from being pillaged any further by UF.

True...and not true. I'm sure the new staff want "their" people. It's not unusual when there is a coaching change that there is a big turnover. True, the support staff often sticks around. But it seems like most of these staffers are wanna-be coaches (their ultimate goal is to move to a bigger/better on-field coaching job). Two of the staffers we brought in were JUCO coaches. This is a great opportunity for them to move to a D1 job after serving at UF (or promote into an on-field role at UF, which is something Saban does w/ a lot of his staffers). We got Begley and this new guy as recruiting staffers. I'm not sure if we pulled any other staffers from MSU.

I have no problem w/ hiring the staffers that he feels will make him successful at UF. I understand having people you're familiar with...but I wish Mullen would have brought in a few less of his MSU coaches. Meyer didn't hire a single coach at OSU that coached w/ him at UF. The only UF staffer he hired was the S&C coach. He brought in a very high-profile (several former head coaches) staff to OSU and started from scratch. IMO, Mullen should have done something similar.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Anyone else following Trey Dean's Twitter feed? This kid seems to be focused on really good stuff. Very spiritual, positive.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Spring Preview: All eyes will be on the quarterbacks
GatorBait.net previews the quarterbacks heading into spring with a look at three key questions, our projected post-spring depth chart at the position and what we want to see.

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...ll-eyes-will-be-on-the-quarterbacks-115863052

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida players are on spring break this week, taking a bit of time off between a grueling stretch of strength and conditionining and the beginning of spring practice. With spring ball set to begin on March 16, GatorBait.net takes a look at each position to provide you with our three top questions, how we think the depth chart will turn out following spring ball and more.

THREE KEY QUESTIONS

*** Can anyone other than Feliepe Franks or Emory Jones challenge for the job?

There's a strong feeling from most fans and media that this is a two-man race for the job. Franks already has the luxury of some experience playing in this league, while Jones is the only one that is a prototype dual-threat quarterback. From a skill set standpoint, Kyle Trask would seem to be the only other guy who might even fit the mold for the offense, as he's got the arm and at least some mobility. Redshirt freshman Jake Allen will be coming off a reported appendectomy, and if he has to miss a few practices to begin spring ball, that will put him a bit behind the 8-ball.

*** What will the offense look like?

Florida will be more focused on fundamentals than installing many intricacies in the offense during the spring, but it'll be very interesting to see how much quarterback running is in the offense early on. If it's not a whole lot, it could be an early indicator that the staff likes Franks' potential and simply plans to scale back the quarterback running to take advantage of his strengths. In any case, what exactly the offense looks like will help determine who is the best fit for the starting job going into 2018.

*** Is a two-quarterback system feasible?

Dan Mullen has used multiple quarterbacks in his system before, even joking on his spring speaking tour that he liked to go against tendencies by pulling Tim Tebow and then immediately running Chris Leak when he was back at Florida. Could that type of system work with Franks and Jones? While it's hard to evaluate much from Franks given the ineptitude of the previous staff and its offensive system, he does appear to have relatively limited upside in Mullen's traditional offense. A two-quarterback system would allow Jones to come along more slowly before eventually taking over as the trigger man for the offense.

HOW WE PROJECT THE POST-SPRING DEPTH CHART

Quarterback:

Feleipe Franks, RSO
Emory Jones, FR
Kyle Trask, RSO
Jake Allen, RFR

Explanation: Mullen has been quick to point out the last few months that he really likes to protect young quarterbacks and build their confidence slowly before fully unleashing them. That, coupled with multiple comments from the staff about how you can't replace playing experience at the quarterback position, leads us to believe Franks is the clear favorite to exit the spring with the starting job. However, Jones is too good an option not to use next fall, and Mullen will begin grooming him with major reps right away.

WHAT WE WANT TO SEE

Franks obviously has some physical tools, so what we'll be looking for is whether he can quickly pick up Mullen's offensive system. Beyond that, can he prove an effective runner? He'll never be a guy that can run 20 times per game, but if Florida can find a handful of running plays that he can effectively execute five times or so per game, the offense could still be quite functional with him at quarterback.

Secondly, what will Jones look like in terms of accuracy and timing at a higher level of football. We'll be monitoring him closely through spring ball in portions of practice open to the media. If he can establish himself as a clear No. 2 (or better, even), the Gators will leave spring football feeling much better at the quarterback position.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Times for open UF football practices announced

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/03/times-open-uf-football-practices-announced/

The Florida football team’s spring practices open to the public are at 4:15 p.m. on March 16 and 11:40 a.m. on March 17, the school said Monday.

Both open practices, which will run about two-plus hours each, will be held at the Sanders Practice Fields. Bleachers will be set up on the east side of the practice fields. Fans can congregate on the east and south sides to watch practice.

Fans can park in the O’Connell Center parking lot, however, be advised that parking restrictions are not lifted until 3:30 p.m. Fans should enter the Sanders Practice Fields via the McKethan Stadium baseball main entrance gate and walk along the sidewalk to enter the practice fields.

As previously announced, UF will be opening two practices to UF Faculty & Staff, along with Area Responders and City & Game Officials.

Spring practice will conclude with Florida’s annual spring game, which is free to all fans, on April 14 at 3 p.m. The 2018 Orange & Blue Game will be held that afternoon in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

More details will follow regarding events surrounding the game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think Trask could possibly beat him out?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

:bwahaha:

The freshman walkon Jaylen Jackson and Kadarious Toney will be third string. Toney if it is just a series or two. Jackson if he needs to play a few games due to injury.

As for power runner, there isnt one on the roster.

Whether or not you think Franks fits the bill I guess depends on whether you've actually watched a Mullins offense or whether you actually believe he throws the ball vertically.

I agree that Franks doesn't have much accuracy on short and medium throws but neither did Tebow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.