Spurrier speaks out on the play calling

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Brady's only been an OC once (Panthers) and he was fired. He's been mainly a QB or WR's coach at his other stops. I have a feeling he'd be interested in an OC job at UF if he was offered. It would be both a significant raise and his chance to take another step up into head coaching, if that's something he wants.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Brady's only been an OC once (Panthers) and he was fired. He's been mainly a QB or WR's coach at his other stops. I have a feeling he'd be interested in an OC job at UF if he was offered. It would be both a significant raise and his chance to take another step up into head coaching, if that's something he wants.
If offered, that little pantywaist better take the f’n job!!!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I'd certainly take him, but it's important to note that without Joe Burrow, Joe Brady has been fired and run out of town on a rail on every other job he's had. Even Publix didn't keep him around as a stockboy.
I know you’re being facetious, but Brady has definitely been knocked about his post LSU career by some in the media and unfairly so.

He’s had two jobs since LSU. First job was OC under Matt Rhule at Carolina and was fired during his second season because the offense with Sam Darnold at QB was awful. Two words about that: Sam Darnold. Nobody is likely to have a decent offense with him as QB. Rhule, btw, only lasted 10 more games after he fired Brady. To be fair to Brady he was probably promoted waaaaay too quickly to NFL OC and lacked enough experience. Second and current job is QB coach for the Bills. Seems to be doing a good job so far. The Bills finished second in points last year and are currently second again.

I don’t think Brady will be our next OC for various reasons, but we need someone like him. I doubt that’s what we’ll get.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Go To the 37 min mark.

In two years, Napier had 4 wide outs on the field at the same time twice. Conversely, USC has been in a four wide receiver set 360 times.

What they don’t seem to understand is how imperative it is that we get Hansen and 87 on the field together as much as possible . Not only do those guys have wheels but they are real Playmakers when they get the ball . I’ll never forget the look of confusion from the other teams corner when Hansen split out wide one play .

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'd certainly take him, but it's important to note that without Joe Burrow, Joe Brady has been fired and run out of town on a rail on every other job he's had. Even Publix didn't keep him around as a stockboy.

He wasn’t actually the OC at Lsu, but the passing game coordinator, which I think got missed a lot and possibly gave him too much of a job too soon. I’m sure he’s learned a ton since then. I also think Ruhle is completely overrated and that Panthers teams was a disaster. The other benefit to his being fired at all those NFL jobs is that maybe he’s realized that college is where he belongs and would possibly stick around a little longer if he were to come here.

The Publix thing is a concern.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Looking at both Brady’s and Scott’s resume I think Scott is the better choice and he is available today. Scott could be OC and WR coach, he was apparently a very good recruiter for Clemson and won 2 NCs as OC for them beating Bama in the NC title game.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at both Brady’s and Scott’s resume I think Scott is the better choice and he is available today. Scott could be OC and WR coach, he was apparently a very good recruiter for Clemson and won 2 NCs as OC for them beating Bama in the NC title game.
and he and Napier are besties. If I had to put money on who he's bringing in for OC...it's Scott

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Ox is right, this is an opportunity for Brady to climb the coach's ladder. If he succeeds at UF, he'll get a head coaching offer within 2-3 seasons. He'll go from NFL assistant money to FBS head coach millions.

With his SEC experience and a championship-winning passing game, he's the guy we should take a chance on. He'll attract lots of offensive talent with his scheme and NFL experience.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Ox is right, this is an opportunity for Brady to climb the coaches ladder. If he succeeds at UF, he'll get a head coaching offer within 2-3 seasons. He'll go from NFL assistant money to FBS head coach millions.

With his SEC experience and a championship-winning passing game, he's the guy we should take a chance on. He'll attract lots of offensive talent with his scheme and NFL experience.
I admire your persistence and hopefulness, but Billy isn’t about to hire a guy he’s never worked with. Scott seems the most likely.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ox is right, this is an opportunity for Brady to climb the coaches ladder. If he succeeds at UF, he'll get a head coaching offer within 2-3 seasons. He'll go from NFL assistant money to FBS head coach millions.
I would be fine with Napier continuing his efforts with our run game coordination, letting a guy like Brady pass game coordinate and call plays.

Anyone know if Brady was actually the coordinator/play caller at other stops?

Last thing I want is Napier to choose a like minded coach that stays in his lane. Napier has pretty poor judgment and outcomes as an OC with his so called system.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I admire your persistence and hopefulness, but Billy isn’t about to hire a guy he’s never worked with. Scott seems the most likely.
A guy can dream, can't he? Mad Gators flying all over the field, footballs buzzing every which way. Brady finding his next Barrow. TD's galore.

Would take Scott as 2nd choice. Question: Why is nobody else hiring him? Why is he out of football?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Actually according to the list, we don't have ky talent. Not even close.
Jesus, you come into a program knowing how weak the OL is and you drive off four contributing players….

Espn No GIF

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A guy can dream, can't he? Mad Gators flying all over the field, footballs buzzing every which way. Brady finding his next Barrow. TD's galore.

Would take Scott as 2nd choice. Question: Why is nobody else hiring him? Why is he out of football?
Believe he is at Climpson as an analyst

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Brady is perfect. Successful enough passing coordinator to generate excitement. His lack of sustained success post LSU just means he's still available to take a lowly job like OC for Napier. If successful at UF, he could jumpstart his coaching career and end up a SEC head coach within 3 years. He deserves the chance to call plays for the Gators.

SECund2nun

Oct 13, 2018
I heard brady is going to get interviews with NFL teams for an OC job. He wouldn't last here that long.
Scott Frost is one of my top OC choices. He has a track record of being a great OC and he is a great recruiter. He would also stay here for a while.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I heard brady is going to get interviews with NFL teams for an OC job. He wouldn't last here that long.
Scott Frost is one of my top OC choices. He has a track record of being a great OC and he is a great recruiter. He would also stay here for a while.
Frost is a great choice. He needs to get back in the game. He's a good recruiter. He would jizz his pants over the two OL coaches and the sideways passes. At this point, I'd take anyone. Heck, let Shane Mattews call the plays for all I care, just no more Billy-ball.

Let's review the choices... in order of preference.

1.) Brady
2.) Scott
3.) Frost
4.) Shane Mattews
5.) Spurrier Jr.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I could go for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator