Founding Member
Poor photocopies.

giphy.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So let’s run with the premise that all but 1or 2 of the staffs are shyt. It begs the question “Why?”. How does the undisputed best conference just a few years ago, with the best local talent, and (other than Texas) the best tv money, all of a sudden have these horrible staffs? Is it too much reliance on “coaching tree” hires? Are good staffs reluctant to come in and try to compete with Saban? Is the money just as good elsewhere without all of the pressure?

How has this happened?

Yes

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The first real national championship was 1996, the Bowl Coalition. No more going to Pasadena and playing a 3 loss #20 team or playing a home game at the Orange Bowl vs a 2 or 3 loss Oklahoma/ Nebraska and declaring yourselves National Champion.

Good call Donkey, I forgot about the Bowl Coalition..

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Pity the poor SEC. Lowly UT has given GT its only loss. USC has given NCState it's only loss, LSU defeated Syracuse and Bama beat FSU when they had a QB. What does that say about the ACC?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Pity the poor SEC. Lowly UT has given GT its only loss. USC has given NCState it's only loss, LSU defeated Syracuse and Bama beat FSU when they had a QB. What does that say about the ACC?

From another site...I loved it...

That game and GA Tech/Tennessee were Proof you don’t want to tick off the football gods because in neither case should the SEC team have prevailed. Just look at the box scores.

NC State/USCe
Total yards 504/246
1st downs 29/12
TOP 36:54/23:06

The only stats that favor USCe was one extra turnover and two additional penalties.

Similarly

GA Tech/Tennessee
Total yards 655/369
1st downs 33/18
TOP 41:27/18:33

The only stats that favored Tenn was two extra turnovers and two additional penalties.

So both of those games are nearly textbook examples of when the substantially better team (GA Tech and NC State) somehow managed to lose to the far weaker team. But in both cases, I’d say the loser would go on to win at least 4/5 or 9/10 if they rematched.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
From another site...I loved it...

That game and GA Tech/Tennessee were Proof you don’t want to tick off the football gods because in neither case should the SEC team have prevailed. Just look at the box scores.

NC State/USCe
Total yards 504/246
1st downs 29/12
TOP 36:54/23:06

The only stats that favor USCe was one extra turnover and two additional penalties.

Similarly

GA Tech/Tennessee
Total yards 655/369
1st downs 33/18
TOP 41:27/18:33

The only stats that favored Tenn was two extra turnovers and two additional penalties.

So both of those games are nearly textbook examples of when the substantially better team (GA Tech and NC State) somehow managed to lose to the far weaker team. But in both cases, I’d say the loser would go on to win at least 4/5 or 9/10 if they rematched.
In my book the better team is the one that wins. Couda, wouda, shoulda, just doesn't cut it with me, but I understand that many posters here are more interested in appearances than the bottom line. Probably the nitty gritty that separates dumpers from pumpers. To each his own...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.