Status
Not open for further replies.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I know a candidate for QB coach. He played some in the NFL but didn't do that well after a stellar college career as a player, but then returned to the college game and had an excellent career as a coach. He lives nearby and loves the school. He'd likely do it on the cheap as well. He'd probably like the challenge of just focusing on quarterbacks only.

giphy.gif

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have to disagree. We're on the hook for 85% of the remaining sum of his contract if he's termed without cause. At the conclusion of next season, the determinative point you cite, that figure is $25.5m.

We've been paying legacy buyouts for eight years. I'm not sure how much appetite there is to add another whopping sum to it.

The only buyout I want to discuss is Scottie’s

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I know a candidate for QB coach. He played some in the NFL but didn't do that well after a stellar college career as a player, but then returned to the college game and had an excellent career as a coach. He lives nearby and loves the school. He'd likely do it on the cheap as well. He'd probably like the challenge of just focusing on quarterbacks only.

giphy.gif
I can't see SOS coaching AR. I think that would lead to a ton of hurt feelings.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bait25 said in the game thread yesterday we don't have a ST coordinator. We actually do. Napier changed the title to GameChanger Coordinator. The holder is Chris Couch, who like most of the staff followed Napier from Lafayette.

Our ST certainly changed yesterday's game.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bait25 said in the game thread yesterday we don't have a ST coordinator. We actually do. Napier changed the title to GameChanger Coordinator. The holder is Chris Couch, who like most of the staff followed Napier from Lafayette.

Our ST certainly changed yesterday's game.

He was back in Gainesville and is off field . It certainly shows up every ball game we don’t have an on field ST coach . Same with no on field QB coach . It makes more sense to have two DL and OL coaches apparently . While ST gets ignored . Andmit
Shows up on game day . The guys take the play off consistently

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was back in Gainesville and is off field . It certainly shows up every ball game we don’t have an on field ST coach . Same with no on field QB coach . It makes more sense to have two DL and OL coaches apparently . While ST gets ignored . Andmit
Shows up on game day . The guys take the play off consistently

I can only imagine Couch cursing at his TV set when his kick returner, in another area code, fumbled the punt. I'll bet that yielded an angry text.

(Oh the wonders of modern football.)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, ST is the most hands-on, rah-rah coaching position in organized sports. WTF does Napier think he's doing trying to have that aspect of the game be managed remotely?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, ST is the most hands-on, rah-rah coaching position in organized sports. WTF does Napier think he's doing trying to have that aspect of the game be managed remotely?
I wanna know what the guy was thinking at Marshall’s over the shoulder fair catch at the 5. 7th graders know better for goodness sake

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I think he was back there due to injury and, well, we had to put a warm body back there... So he got the nod. And showed why he normally would not have ever been back there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wanna know what the guy was thinking at Marshall’s over the shoulder fair catch at the 5. 7th graders know better for goodness sake

I'm afraid the answer is nothing. He wasn't thinking.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I'm afraid the answer is nothing. He wasn't thinking.
You know I hate to be Captain Obvious, but there is an easy, clear option here. If you are down to your 14th string punt returner, the head coach softly whispers into his ear before going out for the 4th down punt. "DO NOT TRY AND FIELD THE !@#$%^%$#@! BALL, I DO NOT GIVE A SHYT WHERE IT IS KICKED!!!!!!!!!! RUN IN THE OPPOSIE DIRECTION" BTW it is leagal to allow a punt to drop and never touch it regardless of where the punt lands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator