Sunbelt Billy stinks it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Things we desperately need in 2023:

1.) Players. Lots and lots of quality players. Don't care where you get them.
2.) New QB. Jack Miller ain't the guy to take us anywhere. Backup material at best.
3.) Some 2 min. offense.
3.) Red Zone offense.
4.) A replacement for Cy'Bo
5.) Better time management.
6.) Better Special teams.
7.) metric sh!ton of new receivers and TE's
8.) An OC
9.) better 3rd down defense.
10.) LB's
11.) Interior linemen, DE larger than 245 lbs.
12.) New DC to replace Toney?

I believe Napier's process can work, but that it takes years to implement. And the number one factor is having superior talent. His style of playing the game only work where you have superior players. So in about 4-5 seasons we'll see if it works. Reminds me of Harbaugh.

I have to agree.
I have to agree….

I have to agree with every single line, every single point, every single FN LINE.. EVERY SINGLE FN THOUGHT……
I’m as pissed off as I was When Muschamp let Ga roll our ass in the first half back in…,.
F… I’m drunk.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure his play calling and this is the only reason why the streak is alive!

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
These last few seasons, hell these last 14 FN years are enough, but really these last two seasons are enough for me to rid my closet of all Gator gear, hats, T-Shirts, sweat Shirts, jackets and one coat, throw that shiit in a pile and burn the poison.
It’s obviously tainted.
All my Gator gear is cursed.
My Prints, My Spurrier Stuff, My piece of the 1984 Championship field My signed Tebow and Harvin picture, my “Gator Football “…All cursed.

It’s all cursed!!!

Then start all over the next time we field a half ass competent football team with a FN coach better than a typical High school teacher, and part time football coach.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
These last few seasons, hell these last 14 FN years are enough, but really these last two seasons are enough for me to rid my closet of all Gator gear, hats, T-Shirts, sweat Shirts, jackets and one coat, throw that shiit in a pile and burn the poison.
It’s obviously tainted.
All my Gator gear is cursed.
My Prints, My Spurrier Stuff, My piece of the 1984 Championship field My signed Tebow and Harvin picture, my “Gator Football “…All cursed.

It’s all cursed!!!

Then start all over the next time we field a half ass competent football team with a FN coach better than a typical High school teacher, and part time football coach.
Ouch. Ironhead may need an intervention. Hang in there bro. We all know what you're really upset about is the CIA killing Kennedy.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

2.) New QB. Jack Miller ain't the guy to take us anywhere. Backup material at best.
3.) Some 2 min. offense.
3.) Red Zone offense.
8.) An OC
10.) LB's

I believe Napier's process can work, but that it takes years to implement. And the number one factor is having superior talent. His style of playing the game only work where you have superior players. So in about 4-5 seasons we'll see if it works. Reminds me of Harbaugh.
A coach that can call a 2 minute offense.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017

3.) Some 2 min. offense.
3.) Red Zone offense.
8.) An OC
10.) LB's

I think Harbaugh being a popular alum, a coach with prior success at the college level and having taken a Kapeenivk led NFL team to a Superbowl...then taking a pay cut when the plans looked bad all allowed him to hang on when his biggest issue was losing to pOSU on a regular basis.

Can't see any similarities other than they are both football coaches.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Guys, Billy sucks. We played in a bowl game 8 days BEFORE Christmas. We got demolished by a Pac 10 team that we would have steamrolled when we were having a mediocre season in our heyday.

There’s nothing charismatic about Billy. There’s nothing that indicates he’s special. I don’t see anything that would make a group of stud recruits say “I want to play for him!” Yeah, he might get a handful of upper tier guys but he’s not going to be top 3 in recruiting consistently. Not that a team needs to be top 3 if they have a great X’s/O’s coach, which Billy is not.

Which brings me to my next point…it wouldn’t matter if he did kill it on the trail, he still wouldn’t win championships.

I’ll give him a small bit of credit-the running game looked really good at times this season and the O-line was improved relatively speaking. But true to form (FSU game I believe), he fcvked that up by deciding to become a passing team to start the second half after running the ball down their throats in the first half, and he cost us the game.

There’s just too many examples of dumb shyt of his making this season to give me confidence that he’s the guy to bring us back and it was apparent from the day he was hired that it was a very bad decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.