Taggart accuses VaTech of faking injuries

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Taggart: Hokies faked injury to slow FSU down

Boy, this is a really bad strategy for a new coach who just got steamrolled as a heavy home favorite in his first game with his new school. Even if you really believe it happened you can't say it in public. It comes across as complete and total excuse making. Especially when the one time you were successful in going fast tempo it negated the chance for a replay review and cost you a possible touchdown.

Can't think of a worse media strategy than this one.

Not that I mind!

Okay, let’s say he’s right. What’s his excuse for the OTHER 98% of the game??????

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Willie Blackelwain comes out today accusing Va Tech of faking injuries to slow down the :nole: offense on the ACC conference call. My question to him would have been, what offense? When you lose 24-3 just STFU.

I distinctly remember fsu pulling this same thing against an up tempo team a few years ago. Several times those guys were hurt. One time I saw the guy he was faking.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
A slow tempo didn't have anything to do with 5 turnover and half your plays going for zero or negative yeards.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know, I know, and they know, the Race Card will be played.

I can't wait.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This thread makes me so happy!

GIF-Amused-Conan-OBrien-fun-gratitude-happy-joy-pleased-satisfied-smile-thank-you-GIF.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's so great that we didn't have to wait to find out FSU can't cope. Presents us opportunities for lots of ancillary joy.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
  1. This is the funniest and most satisfying thing that has happened since CDM proved a miracle could be worked with Franks. fsu is fuked straight up; they are pathetic and will be getting their azzes beat regularly. We will horsefuk them in their own stadium. Gonna be a good year, boys.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
436ad0690d89991d3ce56e393ae88473.png

Why would a coach wear a whistle to a game? It’s not practice! You’re not going to blow a play dead.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
UF's buyout allows UF to fire Mullen quicker at a lower cost than FSU's. So FSU absolutely cannot fire Taggart for 3 years. FSU could incur poor attendance if fans tire of Taggart BUT unfortunately for them their debt service from their recent big stadium loans continues to come in.

If Mullen (who is a young head football coach) makes it through the end of his contract we will likely want him PLUS at that time UF will have its top tier Football center (which will be made like Mullen likes it) in place incentivizing him to stay. If Mullen chose to leave UF there would be no buyout and UF will be very attractive to another coach with top tier facilities in place combined with UF's strategic geographic location.

UF's buyout is better structured than FSU'S.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.