Take a Bow if You Predicted 9 Wins

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Not me. I thought a 6-6 regular season was likely and 7-5 would augur good things to come. The O-line threw me. I could not see how such a thin and inexperienced O-line could win in the sec. So if you saw this coming you had extraordinary insight or you are just a blatant sunshine pumper. Either way you deserve to be congratulated. So post here, give us your preseason prediction, and take a bow.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think I said 9-3 or 10-2 was our upper limit, but I also said we could do as badly as 6-6, soooo........ :dunno:

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think I said 9-3 or 10-2 was our upper limit, but I also said we could do as badly as 6-6, soooo........ :dunno:
I too was on the 10-2 range but also said that the only game I was truly worried about was LSU. Figured we had a good chance to win every game we played. Right now I am only worried about Bama. If we play as well as we can we certainly have a chance. But if not it could get real ugly real fast.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure I said I could see us going 8-4 as most likely but 10-2 was the best scenario, I think I settled on 9-3 with a potential bowl win so :yes:

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
I was so damn negative. I hated Mac, hated Foley, and thought maybe we'd win 5 games. I'm so glad I was wrong and it feels awesome.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I made a thread predicting that we'd win 10 games this year, as well as a bunch of other asinine predictions. To be honest, I didn't even fully believe myself, but I needed to believe that we'd be much improved with better coaching. Thank the football gods we are! I had no idea we'd only have 1 loss on the season after 10 games. We're actually better than even the biggest pumpers predicted we'd be.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like many others, I saw the upper limit around 10 games if the OLine played well. But, most of us went on to say that we didn't expect the OLine to play well, and we thought 7 or 8 wins.

Well, the OLine hasn't played well, but it's played well enough for Mac to scheme, and they have improved thoughout the season.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was one of the only ones on this board excited about the hire let alone know what Coach Mac would bring. I believe my original projection was, "National Champs, Mother F'er".

We still have time.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
I think I had our limit being 8 wins but also said we could lose 8. I predicted 7-5. A tip of the cap to those of you that saw more. I did not see the us being this improved nor the East being this poor. Totally glad I was wrong.

I will say though that I noticed in myself that I had some of that old swagger back even before the season. Mac really was a breath of fresh air. As much as I defended Champ, I was for the most part wrong. He was in over his head in a lot of areas that I did not think he was. He also simply had some rotten luck, either way he didn't get it done. Mac has really opened my eyes to how a guy with a vision and a plan does things. Glad he's a Gator.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:fistbump:
I think I had our limit being 8 wins but also said we could lose 8. I predicted 7-5. A tip of the cap to those of you that saw more. I did not see the us being this improved nor the East being this poor. Totally glad I was wrong.

I will say though that I noticed in myself that I had some of that old swagger back even before the season. Mac really was a breath of fresh air. As much as I defended Champ, I was for the most part wrong. He was in over his head in a lot of areas that I did not think he was. He also simply had some rotten luck, either way he didn't get it done. Mac has really opened my eyes to how a guy with a vision and a plan does things. Glad he's a Gator.

I'm proud of you, 601. :fistbump:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As usual, I hit it right on the nail..... lol

<sarcasm>

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
7-5 was my prediction and I felt like I was being a bit optimistic with it. It's sure been fun watching the Gators return to winning some football games this year.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think I made an official prediction, but I'd be lying if I said I thought we'd do better than 8-4. I'm excited to see what will happen when we get our OL straightened out in the next few years

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think I saw 7 or 8 wins maybe 9 with some breaks, but we are sitting on the verge of 10 wins and I didn't see that. I still can't help but think about the what if... if Grier didn't take those stupid pills.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I was optimistic with the Mac hire, liked his resume' ... but my hope was that we would be patient
with him if he only won 6 ... never entered my mind that we'd go to Atlanta, impossible.
What a great match now for GatorNation. Couldn't ask for a more solid HC philosophy. McThanx .

Sep 29, 2015
After the close Kentucky win a buddy of mine texted his SEC Championship teams: Ole Miss vs. UT. I told him he was wrong and that it would be Bammer vs. Gators. Didn't really believe it, but I'm happy to take the credit now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.