Take a Bow if You Predicted 9 Wins

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was at 9 as long as the team stayed healthy. Didn't think we'd sweep the East and be ranked in the top 10 at this point in the year.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I said 10-2 but also said we could easily be 11-1. I quoted someone also in a thread that said something similar and agreed with them. Will have to go back and look :exactly:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't make a prediction this year. Just too many unknowns, especially with the Oline. On paper I knew the only team slightly better than us was LSU. In fact it's the one game I expected to lose this year. I had us even with Ole Piss and better than everyone else. The problem with predicting this year is that on top of the many questions about our depth, then you have the whole new coaching staff, new playbook, etc. to add to the mix.

Kudos to those who saw this coming. I still don't believe we'll beat Bama, but if our defense heals up and plays the game of their career who knows? One thing I know for sure, even with our backup QB starting, Coach Mac will have a plan in place and our guys ready to go for the SEC Championship. How good does it feel to be able to say that again? We're in good hands and the future is looking bright from where I'm sitting.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I figured 7-8 wins would be a miracle. JMac is amazing!

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
8 was my thought process.. Unbelievably happy with has happened even with how we have looked on offense

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I said 9-3 but I wouldn't have been surprised with less, I'm happy to have been wrong though (after this Saturday). I also made that prediction with the idea that Grier would be damn good and we would have him the whole year so if you would have told me that he would be suspended before LSU for the rest of the year then I might have lowered that total.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea what exactly i predicted but probably 9-3 best case scenario wroth a 7- 5 worst case

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
9 wins is a down season at Florida. You guys need to get that mustank off of you. Just getting rid of that POS gave us 9 wins.

Let me remind y'all how to Gator 'cuz a lot of you have forgot. We have 8 no excuse for losing games a season. The 3 cupcakes and the 5 dregs of the east. We always have more talent then those teams. And we should always have better coaching.

Every 7 years we rotate the West. With exception of Alabama we should win those games just because we're Florida. 9 wins (6 out of 7 seasons) right there.
Now let's move on to the rivalry games.
First Georgia: Supposedly same talent as us but as long as Richt is coach I expect a win. 10 wins.
That leaves LSU, same talent level, but that game is unpredictable. Thorn in our side.
And F$U. We should always win the home games. Always. And at least split the tallacrappy games.

So there you have it. 9 wins is the low end at Florida. Always remember that.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes 9 wins is normally a down season and should be considered a down season here...however you can't apply that to every season. There is a difference between being content with a 9 win season after the last 5 years (knowing that there is serious progress) and "accepting" 9 wins as a good season here normally. Going into this year 9 wins is serous progress and there is no shame in being happy about it. Starting next year that's a different story...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
9 wins is a down season at Florida. You guys need to get that mustank off of you. Just getting rid of that POS gave us 9 wins.

Let me remind y'all how to Gator 'cuz a lot of you have forgot. We have 8 no excuse for losing games a season. The 3 cupcakes and the 5 dregs of the east. We always have more talent then those teams. And we should always have better coaching.

Every 7 years we rotate the West. With exception of Alabama we should win those games just because we're Florida. 9 wins (6 out of 7 seasons) right there.
Now let's move on to the rivalry games.
First Georgia: Supposedly same talent as us but as long as Richt is coach I expect a win. 10 wins.
That leaves LSU, same talent level, but that game is unpredictable. Thorn in our side.
And F$U. We should always win the home games. Always. And at least split the tallacrappy games.

So there you have it. 9 wins is the low end at Florida. Always remember that.

So in comparing first seasons saying 9 wins is bad in a coach's first season. The both Spurrier and Meyer had bad seasons as well Spurrier was 9-2 and Meyer was 9-3 in their first season. And as we know they were horrible coaches... right? Context is important when throwing garbage statements like you are making.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So in comparing first seasons saying 9 wins is bad in a coach's first season. The both Spurrier and Meyer had bad seasons as well Spurrier was 9-2 and Meyer was 9-3 in their first season. And as we know they were horrible coaches... right? Context is important when throwing garbage statements like you are making.

And using a little common sense to fill in the blanks helps to. As well as reading comprehension. First, I didn't say "bad" season I said "down" season. Second, yes of course, a coaches first season would be expected to be down. Do I have to spell everything out for you?. BTW did you look at Zook and Muschamp's first seasons. 8 wins and 7 wins respectively. Those are bad seasons from what eventually proved to be bad coaches.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And using a little common sense to fill in the blanks helps to. As well as reading comprehension. First, I didn't say "bad" season I said "down" season. Second, yes of course, a coaches first season would be expected to be down. Do I have to spell everything out for you?. BTW did you look at Zook and Muschamp's first seasons. 8 wins and 7 wins respectively. Those are bad seasons from what eventually proved to be bad coaches.

You were railing against 9 win seasons, not 8 or 7 win seasons. You don't have to spell anything out, you're just backtracking from a ridiculous comment. If it was a down season, down from what 7 wins in 2014, 4 wins in 2013? If we were in year 3 of the McElwain era and we had a 9 win season then it is a down season. There is a reason we had a forced coaching change (ie fired coach) it's because the other guy blew balls. Just like Spurrier and Meyer, McElwain is rebuilding a culture. So it's not a down year. We don't need to:

Let me remind y'all how to Gator 'cuz a lot of you have forgot.

Most of us just remember there is a context to this season. Which your comment seems to forget.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All I said was I thought we could win more games than people thought because our schedule was so weak.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
200.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.