Talk about owned and destroyed

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Certainly not a great ending to the SEC tourney for the good guys, but the tourney was pointless as we are still a top 8 seed. The good thing about the tourney was that b/c we got 3 games. the 3 main starters got real game work. However, this particular game against ARK is what I fear as to why we do not have quite enough to win it all. A bad start by one of our 3 starters is disastrous b/c outside of Byrne (closer) there is not a single guy in the bullpen who can reliably go out and eat up 3 or 4 innings. Everyone of our relievers, sans Byrne, is below average. That means we do not have a 4th starter nor an inning eater. If the 3 starters are on top of their game, we have a chance. Otherwise we do not have enough,b /c we can't consistently score enough runs against top flight pitching to offset a bad outing by one of our 3 starters.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Our baseball team has done a lot of owning and destroying this season...don't recall many threads being started :scratchchin:

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Well, real season starts now. Looks like Top 8, although I previously stated I thought we would be better off outside the top 8 (expectations), no one has UF winning the whole thing. Im hoping this make for better results. The question now, who starts game 1 of regional. I would think Alex F gets game 2. Does sully go with Kowar game 1?

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Our baseball team has done a lot of owning and destroying this season...don't recall many threads being started :scratchchin:
It's the SEC tournament, and quite frankly I was shocked, not at the loss, but the manner.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah gotta love it when someone starts a thread when we lose but when we WIN they are NOWHERE to be found. Why is that?!?! Sounds like a TROLL and Gator HATER and Complainer...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Notice how there is ZERO congrats given by the original poster to the ladies softball team who WON and are on their way to the WORLD SERIES. Why is that?!?! TROLLLLLLL

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So the tournament stops being double elimination at the semifinals?

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Notice how there is ZERO congrats given by the original poster to the ladies softball team who WON and are on their way to the WORLD SERIES. Why is that?!?! TROLLLLLLL
I loved and expected the ladies to win, would have been shocked if they hadn't, that's the point, the shocking way they lost not the loss itself, this is a real MENSA meeting here.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Just making an obvious observation :whistle:
I really just wanted to use "owned and destroyed" ,been itching to do so. Then talk about the game and our prospects moving forward, but then the name calling began. Shocking, c'est la vie

Last edited:

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Well, real season starts now. Looks like Top 8, although I previously stated I thought we would be better off outside the top 8 (expectations), no one has UF winning the whole thing. Im hoping this make for better results. The question now, who starts game 1 of regional. I would think Alex F gets game 2. Does sully go with Kowar game 1?
He already said he is starting with Kowar and then going Singer or Faedo. That is why he had Kowar go Friday

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So the tournament stops being double elimination at the semifinals?

Yes, that is correct b/c there are 12 teams , there is not enough pitching. Top 4 get a bye, and the next eight play single elimination on day 1. It is then double elimination until the semis, then one and done again. I do not have a problem with it b/c, for example, this is ARK's 5th game so their pitching is going to be super thin. It is why in tourney action, if you lose and end up in loser's bracket, you need a somewhat okay 4th starter, something we do not have. This was a miraculous season for us given the lack of pitching and all the injuries, but our 4th starter and bullpen concerns were apparent b/c our mid week record was subpar vs. past history.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Sully sure seemed to miss on all the freshmen pitchers this year. What does he do with them for the next 2 years because they are really bad.
To quote Spurrier "we can't trade them" coach them up I guess.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not troll or a hater but, I do not think Sully will ever win the big one. Several times we have gone to Omaha with the best team and come away with Zip for National Championships. I am definitely not happy that Fooley gave him a lengthy contract extension and raise.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ahhhhh glad to see the baseball team and coach suck again, it was weird around here while they were winning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.