Taven Bryan to enter Draft: Top 10 Draft grades

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
IMG_20171025_221002.jpg
This is really good news for him and REALLY...REALLY BAD news for us. We'll have 4 total DT's on roster when he bolts and with Rumph recruiting that position that will more than likely be it cause we aren't being mentioned by any DT's this cycle.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Wow. He has been having a great year. Hope he stays in school. I was thinking CeCe and Ivey were the only one's we might lose early to the draft.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Outside of one stretch in the A&M game, you almost never hear his name, and that's going back to last year. He's got great physical attributes, but he disappears for way too long.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Outside of one stretch in the A&M game, you almost never hear his name, and that's going back to last year. He's got great physical attributes, but he disappears for way too long.

Agree. He's literally had one "great" game. I love the kid and think he's come A LONG way since he stepped foot on campus as a 6'5 250lb OT long-shot prospect. But he's had many, many games and many, many, many, many, many plays were he was completely out-technique'd. He's just starting to come into his own.

If he gets a 1st round draft grade, then he'd be foolish to come back to school. But after watching him with my own eyes for 3 years, I think he needs more time. He's literally made like 8 career starts and they're calling him the 10th pick in the draft?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He gets too aggressive and takes himself out of his responsibility because of it sometimes. He doesn't do it as much as last year however.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Watching him in our games, I was just getting to the point of hoping that I could see Bryant start to stand out -- thinking he hasn't done so quite yet. These premature evaluations hurt a young man's career-path.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

This is really good news for him and REALLY...REALLY BAD news for us. We'll have 4 total DT's on roster when he bolts and with Rumph recruiting that position that will more than likely be it cause we aren't being mentioned by any DT's this cycle.
If Rumph makes Taven into a top ten choice, the DTs should be begging to come here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed! He'll rip sh*t up at the combine...book it!
I think he'll do well at the combine, his strength is legendary. However, he should probably pray they don't actually watch film.

I think his biggest problem is his motor. It needs to be stronger.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bryan's Stock on Rise Heading Into Georgia Game
Gators defensive lineman Taven Bryan gained national attention after his career-best game on Oct. 14 against Texas A&M.

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/10/25/scott-carter-player-to-watch-taven-bryan.aspx

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida's Wyoming Wildman is starting to attract national attention.

In the case of Gators redshirt junior defensive tackle Taven Bryan, that's a good thing. A very good thing considering Bryan is draft eligible and is having the best season of his UF career.

#Chomp pic.twitter.com/XSE6mEgRhZ

— PFF College Football (@PFF_College) October 25, 2017
If I've written this once the past four years, I've written it a dozen times: Bryan has always had the physical tools to be a dominant man-child in the middle of the Gators' defensive line. We finally saw what potential transformed into production means on the field in Florida's loss to Texas A&M.

Bryan had easily the best game of his college career, running over, around and through Aggie offensive linemen to finish with a career-high seven tackles and 1.5 sacks.

Why did Bryan finally have the kind of dominant game we've all waited on from him? Opportunity + preparation.

Bryan had to wait his turn with the Gators, in part because of talented players such as Caleb Brantley ahead of him on the depth chart. Bryan also admittedly had a lot to learn when he first arrived at UF in the spring of 2014 from Casper, Wyo.

"I never watched football,'' Bryan said then. "I was always outside hunting and fishing and stuff."

Bryan redshirted in 2014 and then was eased into the defensive line rotation the past two years, registering 26 tackles and 4.5 tackles for loss. Bryan enters Saturday's game against No. 3-ranked Georgia with a career-high 20 tackles and three sacks, totals the Gators hope Bryan adds to significantly the rest of the season.

A good time to start would be against the Bulldogs, who feature perhaps the nation's top 1-2 running back tandem in Nick Chubb and Sony Michel. The duo has gained 1,180 yards and scored 14 touchdowns through seven games.

Bryan's breakout performance against Texas A&M did not go unnoticed outside Gainesville city limits.

In its midseason NFL mock draft, CBSSports.com has Bryan going in the first round (15th overall) to the Tennessee Titans.

Get to know this name. Bryan is a 6-foot-5, 293-pound havoc-wreaker at multiple defensive line positions. He has long arms that he knows how to use to beat offensive linemen, a nice burst off the snap, and enough strength to win with power on occasion. If he has a standout combine, Bryan's stock could soar, and the Titans could use an injection of youth to their edge-rushing unit. -- CBSSports.com

While it's way too early in the draft process to have an accurate gauge of Bryan's draft stock, he is clearly a player on the rise. Bryan's performance against the Aggies has more than Florida fans talking about the Wyoming Wildman for a change.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let’s wait until he actually gets his draft report back. He’s not consistent enough to be a top 10. Give him another year and he may jump from day 2 to day 1

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I think he'll do well at the combine, his strength is legendary. However, he should probably pray they don't actually watch film.

I think his biggest problem is his motor. It needs to be stronger.
Agreed! He definitely takes plays off but most would if they had been on the field for most of the game week in and week out. Everyone gets tired!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He's not going top 10. When all is said and done, I think he'll go in the 2nd round. His game film is not good enough for that high of a pick.

Also, the author that wrote that, just 24 hours earlier, didn't even list Bryan as a top prospect. This is what the coverage is like this early. It is more about getting views than serious analysis.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't shock me if he hits 40 reps in the 225-pound bench press.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's not going top 10. When all is said and done, I think he'll go in the 2nd round. His game film is not good enough for that high of a pick.

Also, the author that wrote that, just 24 hours earlier, didn't even list Bryan as a top prospect. This is what the coverage is like this early. It is more about getting views than serious analysis.

Agree. They had 4 of our players in the 1st round early last year....then we only get 1. Tabor was a top 10 pick early as well....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I find this assessment of Bryan quite shocking especially coming from NFL guys. I have never found his play to be that great, but think he is serviceable. With that said, if Dude is going to be selected in the 1st round, he needs to declare immediately. I agree about the combine as I think he will do great there, but why do I have this Mike Mamula feeling about Taven Bryan regarding the combine vs.the field. But I wish him the best.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017

He made some plays in the second half against Kentucky. He is a good player. I doubt he is a top 10 pick if he were to leave, but somewhere in the first 3 rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator