Team full of 3 stars beats a team full of 5 stars

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Funny thing is that team is full of kids that committed to our rivals

leogator

May 5, 2018
Is Trey Sanders still at IMG? I saw his name on the roster at Port S. Joe as well as IMG.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Preseason scrimmage results are about as useful as a sh*t flavored lollipop.

Fun fact: The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason on their way to an 0-16 regular season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, often playing backups and freshmen most of the game to try to figure out depth etc. Or running new plays to see if they are going to work or need tweeks.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Yeah, often playing backups and freshmen most of the game to try to figure out depth etc. Or running new plays to see if they are going to work or need tweeks.

It was starters on starters first half. Then they reset the scoreboard and played the backups second half.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014

Fun fact: The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason on their way to an 0-16 regular season.
Sas, I gotta say that NFL preseason and HS preseason are apples and oranges. Them HS boys is full of pizzz and vinager just waiting to show what they got. Granted, them Lake CIty boys had something to prove against that sham HS team of all stars but I bet it was more like a real game than Detroit in the preseason. Or even SOS in his only preseason in DC

leogator

May 5, 2018
CHS has some good receivers. Bobby Fulton, TJ Jones. They also have some decent OL play. QB is solid!

Problem is for IMG, lots of moving pieces, people coming and going, hard to develop chemistry in the beginning of the year. They will as the season progresses. On the other hand, CHS players have played together since Peewee.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
true that but you know some of them boys at LC high are going over to Ft White so they dont have to sit the bench. Cant say I blame them. At least its in county transfers.........and from big to little

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The whole idea of IMG and what it does to HS football makes me want to puke. I hope they get their asses handed to them all year.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016

No way IMG should've lost this even if it was a scrimmage. They have two 5 star RBs and a bunch of other highly touted kids.

leogator

May 5, 2018
No way IMG should've lost this even if it was a scrimmage. They have two 5 star RBs and a bunch of other highly touted kids.
That was not a scrimmage. CHS did not think it was a scrimmage. They played as if it was a playoff game. They tried to prove they belonged.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let's go out and recruit a bunch of 3 stars because of one half of a meaningless scrimmage. It's a RARITY.

Anyone who thinks stars do not matter has a serious mental defect. Will there be upsets every now and then? Yes. But stars matter.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Let's go out and recruit a bunch of 3 stars because of one half of a meaningless scrimmage. It's a RARITY.

Anyone who thinks stars do not matter has a serious mental defect. Will there be upsets every now and then? Yes. But stars matter.
I am not going to litigate that question with you right now. All I know is that for a half, CHS shredded IMG to the tune of 33-0 at one point. Maybe the CHS kids just wanted it more than the IMG kids. For that one half the 3 and 2* of CHS played like 5*.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator