Tebow - "Coach Meyer might have to be Gator Bait"

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We offered a 3* guy who just tore his ACL...

Hardly quality....

According to rivals right now, we have 7 4* to 5 3*. And 2 of those 3* are huge DT's, which we need and are space eaters, which you want on the D line. I don't agree with picking up the guy who tore his ACL but he did have lots of good schools offer him before, so after he recovers he very well could be a decent player for us.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
According to rivals right now, we have 7 4* to 5 3*. And 2 of those 3* are huge DT's, which we need and are space eaters, which you want on the D line. I don't agree with picking up the guy who tore his ACL but he did have lots of good schools offer him before, so after he recovers he very well could be a decent player for us.

Let's see how this class finishes up; however, you cannot deny that it's just a bit of a concern that Kirby and others can come in and clean house while we are struggling.

Our offensive recruiting has gotten a lot better but defensively we are sucking

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
So, who knows how many players are on the verge of committing to us as we speak? Just curious. There might be several that are waiting in the wings and some considering flipping to us. Time will tell. I think winning will cure alot of things but it doesnt completely dictate recruiting as a whole. Some like Shannon need to step it up or hit the road. I think Mac appears poised to turn it around. If we dont close well he may have to fire some. Now with the salary increases some may be looking over their shoulders.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see how this class finishes up; however, you cannot deny that it's just a bit of a concern that Kirby and others can come in and clean house while we are struggling.

Our offensive recruiting has gotten a lot better but defensively we are sucking

Kirby is also fresh off of a natty bro. This stuff matters to these kids

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So what did y'all think about the Tebow article? Do you think Tim becomes a coach or a politician first?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's hilarious that the negative nellies are still b!tching about recruiting. Last year it was "The only reason we are high in the recruiting ranks is due to us having so many 3*'s!" While this year it's "Look at all these teams above us in the rankings! Mac is taking quality players like we wanted him too but we aren't high in the rankings anymore so let's b!tch some more!" It's ridiculous. Make up your minds.

Volume doesn't matter. Rivals only ranks like the first 20 recruits anyway for rankings.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So what did y'all think about the Tebow article? Do you think Tim becomes a coach or a politician first?
Politician. He never struck me as someone capable of breaking down game film, dissecting defenses, etc.. He was a great athlete with the heart of a lion and a leader.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Politician. He never struck me as someone capable of breaking down game film, dissecting defenses, etc.. He was a great athlete with the heart of a lion and a leader.
I can understand that. He does like to lead and teach though. I could see him as a high school coach if he does go in to coaching.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm obviously a huge Tebow fan but I agree with mjm. I don't know if he's smart enough to be either one.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dontja think Tebow is too principled to make that climb to relevance in Politics. Not a flaw in Tim but
in all our politicians. Tebow could head some Christian conservative political action group to influence
moving politics to a much more constitution honoring force. Some prominent people have to turn our
political-style completelt 180 degrees. Including u-turn of our entire education system.

Tim might could star as a football HC of a christian school.

Let's not forget that Tim has a hospital in the Philippines to support. The TV Sports announcer career
pays best for that....and keeps his presence active. ?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If a 10th of tebows morals and standards could rub off on other politicians, the world would be a better place.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Neither. Tebow's work is missions first and foremost. Doing the TV gig keeps him visible and helps him raise money for his foundation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So poor recruiting falls on the shoulders of a guy who's played 6 games and essentially left the team last October. Wow!

Is Grier the reason for all 3 years of recruiting?
YES!!!!!!

Clearly. It's the only thing that makes sense.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

That's what coordinator's are for.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Which is why Timmy should become UF's S&C coach.

Also, as long as we have SOS as a consultant, maybe he can coach Timmy up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.