Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
bill_murray-stripes1981-1120.jpg

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To answer the question on Tim's future, I would say neither.
As said by others, I don't believe Tim has the ability to analyze the game at a level to be successful beyond the high school level.
As for politics, apparently folks are not paying attention to what is going on in our country. The minute he states that he is a practicing christian, his career is over. He could be an illegal immigrant, a Jihadist Muslim, or a space alien, and receive better treatment in this country than he would as a christian.

With regards to the other key to the article, I need some help from you guys. Why is it a big deal for a gator to say he would favor the gators over another team? Should this have ever been in question?
The answer would be no, assuming that the person had not spent more time supporting OSU in the last few years than UF. I find it very disappointing that the question needed to be asked. Go ahead and rip me for questioning Tim's loyalty but there is a lot of evidence to support the premise.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see how this class finishes up; however, you cannot deny that it's just a bit of a concern that Kirby and others can come in and clean house while we are struggling.

Our offensive recruiting has gotten a lot better but defensively we are sucking
Kirby does have momentum. He has the momentum of being associated with Bama's championships, and UGA has plenty of momentum in eyes of recruits because for years now UGA has have been ranked high and talked up ad nauseum by the talking heads. That adds up to multiple years of momentum. Kirby had the advantage of stepping into UGA's pre existing momentum, McElwain walked into a totally different scenario.

UF, well we've had Muschamp, and despite good defense, during those years, the negatives in the media and in front of viewers outweighed the one plus. By good defense, actually I mean some strong individual players. The images of two of our guys blocking each other and Muskcramp raging the sidelines and field were what defined us in media. Despite last year's big improvement, the focus in the media chatter last year was more on the negatives than the positives, and the last half of the season was lackluster as has been noted. I agree there are concerns in some areas of recruiting, but you can't walk into a total dysfunctional mess and fix everything at once. Personally, I think Mac's prioritizing was pretty good in his first year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.