Tebow to try baseball - 20 MLB teams to attend workout

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just FYI :
Average salary CFL = $ 89,285. Highest paid are these QBs = Anthony Calvillo,Ricky Ray,Drew Tate?
Never heard of 'em. Single player salary cap = $400,000. Team cap = $5 mil

Average salary NFL = $1.9 mil
Average salary NBA = $5.5 mil
MLB = $3.2 mil
NHL = $2.4 mil

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If he gets an offer from the workout, he should announce that his new name is Teezbow.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So Tim explain this to me. In order to play in the NFL, you weren't willing to change positions, but you are willing to change to an entirely new sport.

I'm confused. But best of luck.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
So Tim explain this to me. In order to play in the NFL, you weren't willing to change positions, but you are willing to change to an entirely new sport.

I hope he is highly successful. Most people would have quit long before now. Go Timmy...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

What is there to be confused about? He didn't want to play any position in football other than QB.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What is there to be confused about? He didn't want to play any position in football other than QB.
Fair enough. I'm easily confused. I just wish he'd made a change and stayed in the league. I might have given a damn about NFL football again.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In a batting practice setting in Timmy's back yard in Jax, I gave him this advice : After he hit 5 straight
sky-high pop-ups, I told him it might be best to not prior to hitting tap his heart and point to the sky like that.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

Yeah, that can be a little confusing ... but it's not an entirely new sport to him, just a sport he's revisiting after taking a humongous hiatus.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
On the radio this afternoon up here they had one of the Washington Nationals on the program.
they asked him about Tim and if he was ticked off about it or was shaking his head.

He said ..."No, I think an athlete of his caliber, mentality and being a "physical specimen" should have every right to try it."
This guy knows the guy who pitched Tim BP and said it's going to come down to being able to hit the breaking stuff.
You can't fake that and they'll find out pretty quickly whether or not any teams will pursue him.

He went on to say it's extremely difficult to make it in double A or triple A ball much less MLB so he said the odds are against him.
But he couldn't understand why there's so much hate for the guy.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On the radio this afternoon up here they had one of the Washington Nationals on the program.
they asked him about Tim and if he was ticked off about it or was shaking his head.

He said ..."No, I think an athlete of his caliber, mentality and being a "physical specimen" should have every right to try it."
This guy knows the guy who pitched Tim BP and said it's going to come down to being able to hit the breaking stuff.
You can't fake that and they'll find out pretty quickly whether or not any teams will pursue him.

He went on to say it's extremely difficult to make it in double A or triple A ball much less MLB so he said the odds are against him.
But he couldn't understand why there's so much hate for the guy.
One of the best players (and hitters) ever at UF, Mike Zunino, is struggling with the breaking ball at the next level. It's hard to imagine Tebow actually making it onto a team for A or AA ball. I have very serious doubts, but good luck to him.
:chomp:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't there professional softball ? slow pitch ?

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Love and will always Love Tebow but this is odd. Still cant figure out why an NFL team just didn't give it a try again.
If he had major league potential, he would have been in the league. Even if he has the talent, he starts in the minors as a side show and by the time he works himself up to Majors, he is 32 or so, a time when hitters have trouble seeing pitches as well.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The radio stations are crucifying Tebow a lot down here in South Florida for this. I live in Indian River but the sports talk stations are from that Palm Beach area down so a lot of pro Hurricane hosts etc. They mostly just keep pushing its a publicity stunt to keep his name in the news and to give ESPN a few more rating hits that he has zero chance to ever play decent AA ball starting back at his age. The new thing they are pushing is Tebow is just trying to get signed with a single A team so he can do some reality show based off that for a season.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can't get over how bad his swing is. He should concentrate on learning how to throw a breaking ball and become a relief pitcher.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dudes a loser. Been a loser all his life. How dare him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.