Tebow to try baseball - 20 MLB teams to attend workout

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And I thought the fact that I was considering playing in a local Sunday baseball league in Tampa a mere 13 years after the last time I played was a wild idea. :lol:

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
As long as they don't mess with his throwing motion he'd be fine. I seem to recall that being a problem in that other sport he tried to play.
As the late Stuart Scott would say "booyah", whatever that means. ;)

Good luck to Tim I guess. But I wish he was doing more important things where his voice could have an impact.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You never know but I doubt this works out after being away from baseball for that many years. It would be a stretch to even start for a single A team I would think.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I hope it works out for him, but at his age he's not going to have a very long career in the majors if he makes it. He's got a good job in broadcasting so from our perspective this seems almost pointless. But he wants to do what he loves, and he loves playing sports, not just talking about them.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm hoping the Dodgers sign him and he ends up in AA. Would love to go see him play here in Tulsa.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Many things can be said about Tim Tebow, but one thing for sure is that he is not afraid to fail.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Right now he's got the tryouts on hold 'til he finishes writing his RNC speech.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Beef up 50 more pounds, start staying out all hours, drink like a fish, chain smoke cigars and he'll
be another Babe Ruth.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just realized something, do they let guys who've never hit a "home run" play baseball?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I absolutely trust Gary Sheffield's judgment, because he was awesome, but a lot of people look great hitting in the cage. Put him out there against Clayton Kershaw and see what happens.

Well...that (Kershaw) you kind of work your way up to over time.
I would like to see how he does against AA and AAA arm talent.

Is he even fast enough to play in the outfield? Don't know that one.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Seemed it would have neen easier to play TE a few years ago....but I wish him well in his endeavors.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wish him luck, but I think this is a bit desperate. He was a good player in HS, but that is a lot different than the major leagues. He should accept that he isn't a professional athlete and focus on his TV and charity work... IMO

This.

Perfectly stated. Dude has a lot of great things he can still accomplish.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
This.

Perfectly stated. Dude has a lot of great things he can still accomplish.

And I believe he'll accomplish those great things... but an athlete of his caliber with his desire to play...
You gotta let him try at least, just so he can finally say to himself - "Ok...now I know for sure - time to move on".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.