The 5 stages of grief - where are you?

How far have you progressed in ur Gator Grief

• Denial - Do you still think there's hope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anger - Many of you are stuck here

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Bargaining - You can't change anything, sorry

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Depression - I feel your pain (read that in your best Bill Clinton voice)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Acceptance - Just lay back and enjoy it - it will be over soon

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Angrily accepting but depressed about it - gonna have a ham sammy

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Are you stuck in one of the stages. Time to move on and get yourself healthy.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:mad:... but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well this idiot is the first person who has been able to change my fall Saturday priorities over the last 30 something years that's for sure but the anger fizzled out about 12 months ago much like our offense does after the first drive of each game....It has been sort of fun watching posters fall off the Mac train, first one by one, then the mass exodus after this season began.....The writing was all over the wall after the FAU and FSU games in 2015 not to mention the watching Michigan kick our teeth down our throats in what should have been a "home" bowl game....But when he ran Grier off a couple weeks later I knew we had a unqualified coach and decision maker on our hands.....I guess I've had a little more time to get over the anger...

Last edited:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Numb,

I pray for an uncovered receiver at the goal line for the hope to win, but no longer throw things, nor scream at the TV when we run the same predictable play after play. When we lose, i move on in the day with other things to occupy my mind.

When we end this failed experiment is when I expect the pins and needle feeling as blood starts to return to those numbed areas.

:pumper: Go Gators :pumper:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well this idiot is the first person who has been able to change my fall Saturday priorities over the last 30 something years that's for sure but the anger fizzled out about 12 months ago much like our offense does after the first drive of each game....It has been sort of fun watching posters fall off the Mac train, first one by one, then the mass exodus after this season began.....The writing was all over the wall after the FAU and FSU games in 2015 not to mention the watching Michigan kick our teeth down our throats in what should have been a "home" bowl game....But when he ran Grier off a couple weeks later I knew we had a loser on our hands.....I guess I've had a little more time to get over the anger...
And yet, you sound kinda angry.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Creepy_FloridaFan.gif

Stoned

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well this idiot is the first person who has been able to change my fall Saturday priorities over the last 30 something years that's for sure but the anger fizzled out about 12 months ago much like our offense does after the first drive of each game....It has been sort of fun watching posters fall off the Mac train, first one by one, then the mass exodus after this season began.....The writing was all over the wall after the FAU and FSU games in 2015 not to mention the watching Michigan kick our teeth down our throats in what should have been a "home" bowl game....But when he ran Grier off a couple weeks later I knew we had a loser on our hands.....I guess I've had a little more time to get over the anger...
I now look forward to bye weeks.

And yet, thanks Butters N Fooley.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The 5 stages of grief - where are you?

I save my grief for real life. Like my three students whose drug addict father just passed and they and their grandmother are trying to cope. 39 years old. Smartest kid in the school when he was 12. Nice boy to all that knew him but drugs took over his life and fckd it ALL up. So on Wed at the little Baptist Church I will grieve. Our football program? I am happy that I have always been a gator. Always. Good times, bad times, and the BEST times.............When the HBC checks out I will probably grieve................

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I started the grieving process after the epic choke job against UT last year. I've been at acceptance for a while now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm with most of you, except Stephen - who doesn't realize this is a UF Football message board.

As a "fan" I think the only thing we can do - besides bitch about it on a message board - is lose interest. And that's happening more and more. Honestly, why do fans want to go to Gainesville for more than a few games a year to watch this crap-show? I live in DC and cancelled a planned trip to see the A&M game, saving myself at least $1500 in travel costs....plus I was able to go to another football game and spend time in the mountains. I usually go to a road game, but decided to cancel going to Kentucky, saving at least $500 and a few days of vacation time. I've made FL/GA about every other year since moving up here 10 years ago....I'm not even wasting my time or money to travel for that.

When that stadium is 60% full next year while we look like double-F*ck again, the AD will get the picture. But what's troubling is he hasn't gotten the picture yet.

If/when we lose at least 3 of our remaining games - in ugly fashion as usual - the "noise" is going to be loud AF. Will Stricklin ignore it? There are plenty of people who think, not only does McElwain get another year, but that Nussmeir returns.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m squarely in the “there are many things in life that matter more than football” category. I’m usually upset about a loss until I wake up the next morning and move on. It makes life a lot less stressful. You guys should try it sometime instead of obsessing.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I’m squarely in the “there are many things in life that matter more than football” category. I’m usually upset about a loss until I wake up the next morning and move on. It makes life a lot less stressful. You guys should try it sometime instead of obsessing.

I'm in the same category as Sas although life is a helluva lot more fun when Gators are winning than losing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator