The 5 stages of grief - where are you?

How far have you progressed in ur Gator Grief

• Denial - Do you still think there's hope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anger - Many of you are stuck here

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Bargaining - You can't change anything, sorry

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Depression - I feel your pain (read that in your best Bill Clinton voice)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Acceptance - Just lay back and enjoy it - it will be over soon

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Angrily accepting but depressed about it - gonna have a ham sammy

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I’m squarely in the “there are many things in life that matter more than football” category. I’m usually upset about a loss until I wake up the next morning and move on. It makes life a lot less stressful. You guys should try it sometime instead of obsessing.

I'm in the same category as Sas although life is a helluva lot more fun when Gators are winning than losing.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Acceptance - Fans have have no say in this matter. I know my place.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Acceptance - Fans have have no say in this matter. I know my place.
Our place is to boycott.

I used to root for the Reds, decades ago, until they decided to do the Marlins thing for most of the 80s. They ran off their fans and the next generation never watched them. If you see a Reds hat now, even near their area, it is more likely to be a Crip than a Reds fan.

There is almost no recovery from those lost decades.

Fooley is getting what he wanted though. He isn't in the arms race.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is one of the stages of grief “watch WVU squeak by a winless team and jerk off into a tube sock”?
Is that any bettrer or worse than watching us squeak by terrible teams if they are kind enough to not remember to play pass defense?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the stage that the most exciting thing to happen to Gator football in the past 7 years is the possibility that butters will be removed (or walk away) and never be seen again on the Florida sidelines.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I started the grieving process the night Dunlap got his DUI. I was in the bamboozled stage after the Michigan game. Quickly went to acceptance/apathy. I'm just afraid I'll miss the firing announcement or ... at that stage, true apathy and not give a damn. It's been a fun 30 + years.
Maybe I need to grow up.

After we beat the leghumpers.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Come back when you get better material.

Is that any bettrer or worse than watching us squeak by terrible teams if they are kind enough to not remember to play pass defense?
I gotta hand it to you two and Ox. When you band together on an agenda, you defend each other to the end of the world and back. Having said that, it’s abundantly clear which stage of grief you’re at. :lol2:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta hand it to you two and Ox. When you band together on an agenda, you defend each other to the end of the world and back. Having said that, it’s abundantly clear which stage of grief you’re at. :lol2:

Despondent.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It is one of those times when we aint up there with big boys...........We had a great run there and now the pendulum swung hard the other way..............except for bama no other SEC team can claim the success we have since 1990. NONE. But we will get back. We have too many things going for us. It will happen and we all know it. Hell, a decent QB the last few years and we are in the top 10 easily. Maybe not able to hang with bama but still much better.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Accepting.

Everyday I wake-up and periodically throughout the day, I check the news feed looking to see that Mac has been let go.

I know everyone thinks Mac will stay based on the economics, but I really can't see a scenario where he's still employed here beyond Bowl Season.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Should have also included the "Wait till Next Year" stage.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Should have also included the "Wait till Next Year" stage.
There are almost none of those left, even in the old fart 0-10-1 crowd. The ones that are still there are "Wait til two or three years" now because they claim we have to wait until the 2017 class are juniors to judge Fat Azz ....... bc Muschimp.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator losses used to bother me all day on Sunday and into Monday.

They just roll off of me now, this is what the last 7-8 years have done.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There are almost none of those left, even in the old fart 0-10-1 crowd. The ones that are still there are "Wait til two or three years" now because they claim we have to wait until the 2017 class are juniors to judge Fat Azz ....... bc Muschimp.

Funny stuff dick in the dirt!. I'm still scaling 1000ft bluff facings as part of my work life balance program. I'm one of those ole 10-0-1 farts :lmao2: Fire Mac & Co now while the life boats are still usable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator