The Boosters who matter are flipping quickly

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Stoops hasn’t won anything meaningful in damn near 20 years. Why in the hell does everyone still fawn over the guy?

B/C he once coached here. The one thing you can bank on with our fan base is they think anyone who has sniffed a jock strap in this town is who we should hire. I want quality and do not give 2 shyts where he comes from or where he has been!!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Someone like Stoops would bring instant credibility to the school and the recruits. Gardner is right, we need to aim for guys like this. The idea of hiring someone like the Syracuse guy with the embarrassing hair helmet makes my skin crawl....although I'd still take him over Mullen.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think a phone call to Gary Patterson at TCU would be good. Not sure if he’d come but if I were AD he would definitely be on my short list...and no this doesn’t mean I’m anti-insert name of up & comers like Frost here. I’m saying that I’d like to see Patterson in the short list mix.

Gary Patterson was on my list in 2010 and again in 2014, Obviously it was not on the Grand Chief's list of courtesy phone calls. What is the worst that can happen from making a call? That dude will so NO.? By the time one of our lackeys decides Patterson is a good coach, he will be retired and too old to take on a complete rebuild!!!!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Gary Patterson was on my list in 2010 and again in 2014, Obviously it was not on the Grand Chief's list of courtesy phone calls. What is the worst that can happen from making a call? That dude will so NO.? By the time one of our lackeys decides Patterson is a good coach, he will be retired and too old to take on a complete rebuild!!!!

Who knows if a call to their agent was made, I doubt calls are made directly but I could be wrong.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Who knows if a call to their agent was made, I doubt calls are made directly but I could be wrong.

Point taken, but I am including coach and/or agent, etc. I should have clarified. Guarantee that the wanna be Kahuna called no one in his camp, that was my point!!!!!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gary Patterson is awesome but he's been at TCU forever, he's not leaving.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gary Patterson is awesome but he's been at TCU forever, he's not leaving.

I am not disagreeing, but other than a few seconds, what does a phone call cost? Perhaps it gets Patterson or another coach a raise at their current school. As you can see in the news, that the phone call Texas made to Saban or his peeps put him in the 8 figure pay category. Not sure any HC in the NFL makes 8 figs!!! Anybody can call Cousin Eddie. I would rather call Cousin Itt from the Addams family.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I am not disagreeing, but other than a few seconds, what does a phone call cost? Perhaps it gets Patterson or another coach a raise at their current school. As you can see in the news, that the phone call Texas made to Saban or his peeps put him in the 8 figure pay category. Not sure any HC in the NFL makes 8 figs!!! Anybody can call Cousin Eddie. I would rather call Cousin Itt from the Addams family.

It's embarrassing and Strickin doesn't like talking in the phone.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Heres what i've been able to dig up and also some stuff i've been sent by DM on the rift between Mac/Boosters/Admin.

9) Foley advised Strickland to keep a list of coaches in his desk and he has done it.
Allegedly the following four names are on it: Mullen, Frost, Dino Babers and Norvell. Campbell from Iowa State is also on it but Stricklin hates the buyout.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, right! I recall how FOOLy always bragged about how he always kept a short list of qualified candidates of coaches
he could supposedly bring to UF with just a snap of his fingers. Then Spurrier surprised everyone and announced his departure and
FOOly had to put his list to the test. After receiving a "NO", a "HELL NO", and a "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING", he was forced
to settle on Ron Zook, for God's sake! Friggen RON ZOOK! The "Zooker"! So much for any sage advise that FOOLy gives out.

00u0u_7iijMYyHqtT_600x450.jpg

"HE WAS THE ONLY ONE I COULD TALK INTO TAKING THE JOB!"

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Some MSU writers have been saying for a few weeks they think Mullen is looking to move on after this season. I hope that isn't who they are planning to bring in if Mac is really gone.
NFL. At least Mullen thinks so

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone like Stoops would bring instant credibility to the school and the recruits. Gardner is right, we need to aim for guys like this. The idea of hiring someone like the Syracuse guy with the embarrassing hair helmet makes my skin crawl....although I'd still take him over Mullen.
That's exactly my thought.

I will say that there is no doubt he would be a great recruiter. I'm not sure about anything else, but he does open it up on offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator