The Boosters who matter are flipping quickly

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Heres what i've been able to dig up and also some stuff i've been sent by DM on the rift between Mac/Boosters/Admin.

1) The QB club is pissed but that goes without saying.

2)The high-level boosters- Bull Gators, Varsity Club,06' Club basketball people- All love Karen McElwain...but Jim not so much! Even though he goes out of his way to do things like wait by planes to thank them for coming to road games etc...

3) McElwain doesn't feel underappreciated by the administration, but does feel unappreciated by the UAA/Stricklin. Strickland has been around Mac's office less and less over the last month. Also...Mac feels he deserves credit for dragging Foley and the administration forward on facilities andalso believes genuinely facilities are why his first two recruiting classes were sh*t! He points to 18 and 19 class as proof.

4) Mac thinks the media has never liked him and is annoyed with them (except for one or two he trusts) Also...the high-level boosters think he should quit dancing around questions and be more upfront.

5)Muschamp had a great second year as well and then everything went to sh*t and Scott Stricklin is aware of that.

6) Strickland thinks that this is a year where Florida MUST beat FSU. A quote from Stricklin to a booster was lose to FSU this year and "all bets are off"

7) Two big Bull Gators with names on buildings blame Mac for Callaway. They think if he had dismissed Callaway after the weed/rape incidents the suspensions wouldn't of happened. They think Smith never gets everyone on board w/o Callaway.
They get what the suspensions have done to the football team and use punt coverage as example of how playing down 18 scholarships has hurt the team. They also say Special teams lost the A&M game!

8) Also (one of the dudes with his name on buildings) says it's "huge" that Mike White's brother is the AD at UCF. Says that should help us if we decide to go after Frost.

9) Foley advised Strickland to keep a list of coaches in his desk and he has done it.
Allegedly the following four names are on it: Mullen, Frost, Dino Babers and Norvell. Campbell from Iowa State is also on it but Stricklin hates the buyout.

10) Also Was told that if and when Mac is fired t Stricklin would ask the new coach to retain Shannon as Associate Head Coach. Randy likes Gainesville and President Fuchs loves Shannon because he graduates kids and is an excellent ambassador for the program.

11) Also Was told the buyout is a pain in the a$$ but you find the money and there's leverage to renegotiate.

12) We Don't need to win this weekend because staying competitive would stall things and make it harder to get rid of Mac.

13) If we get to 3-5...he could be fired before the FSU game. However that would be hard to do unless his death threat accusations are proven false.

14) they have hired some people to look into "death threats" and want to know FOR SURE whether or not he made it up.

Hopefully this helps everyone understand what the deal is and I'll keep trying to add more as the season plays out.
#ChompChomp

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna, if this is cut and paste from a pay site it need to be removed.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I heard a couple of these from my friend who is a bull gator. He said the "must win" for FSU is a joke that most in his circle would rather beat UGA but know that probably won't happen. The reason FSU is being mentioned as must win is because FSU sucks and its a much more attainable goal this year. So its an easy excuse to retain Mac if they can say "hey, he beat FSU". But the fans know that's a joke.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
My comments.....

2) If Claribelle can be the QB, is Karen available to be the new OC?
3) Who knew an aww-shucks dude could be so narcissistic and sensitive.
4) I have watched every single press conference of Mac. If true, his annoyance of the media is completely unjustified. They ask softball questions and are an embarrassment to their profession.
7) Campbell's ISU buyout is $9.5 million.
8) Unrealistic IMO. No way a new HC in this program would approve of any holdovers, unless he could secure the bulk of a recruiting class.
10) For UGly week, a win is ALWAYS necessary.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Need to tell these guys that mullin needs to come off that list. Talk about deflating all hope from the get go.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good stuff Marianna, no matter where it came from!

I have a buddy who is on the "inside" w/ the 247 guys and he says they're hearing a lot of grumbling and him being fired before the season ends is getting more and more possible. He says the admin's are very unhappy about the 'death threats' thing, true or not - they do not like how he handled it. All the homer beat writers/radio guys (guys like Frangie, Franz Beard, Hollywood Bob, etc) are off the bandwagon (those guys kiss so much ass you'd think we're 10x reigning national champs!), so that's pretty telling.

I don't see him being retained. I think they likely pay the full buyout and bring in one of these up-and-comer's (we ain't getting Fuente, Campbell, or any of the guys w/ huge buyouts). If we get Frost, I bet we play them in basketball and football 10 times over the next decade! :D

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What would be the selling point of adding Mullen? He's failing at MSU so he'd be a great fit here? :crazy:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Excellent advice by Fooley to his puppet to tell him to keep a list. We all know how ridiculous the Fooley list was as that netted us Zook :lmao::rotfl::lmao2:. And it appears that if Cousin Eddie is on the list, Stricklin is picking up right where things left off. If Cousin Eddie is anywhere on the list, it means I despise Stricklin even more!!!!!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
5)Muschamp had a great second year as well and then fell off, and as such, Scott Stricklin isn't as worried about Kirby Smart right now. But he does sense that this is a year where Florida MUST beat FSU. Verbatim quote from Stricklin to this booster was lose to FSU this year and "all bets are absolutely off"

This is silly. So because Muschamp had a good 2nd year we're not worried about what Kirby is doing at UGA?

Kirby is not Muschamp and the situation is completely different. First, Kirby has TWO 5-star QBs capable of excelling in the SEC....both w/ 3 years of eligibility left (if they redshirt Eason)....and another 5-star coming in. Second, he's recruiting better on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL than Muschamp ever did. Third, he has a better O staff than Muschamp ever did at UF. Fourth, he's as good or better of a D coach as Muschamp. The boosters BETTER be concerned w/ what's going on at UGA!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent advice by Fooley to his puppet to tell him to keep a list. We all know how ridiculous the Fooley list was as that netted us Zook :lmao::rotfl::lmao2:. And it appears that if Cousin Eddie is on the list, Stricklin is picking up right where things left off. If Cousin Eddie is anywhere on the list, it means I despise Stricklin even more!!!!!!
It's actually a good idea to keep an eye out for possible replacements just in case...just need to pick better coaches and not crappy journeymen like butters and chump

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The reason FSU is being mentioned as must win is because FSU sucks and its a much more attainable goal this year. So its an easy excuse to retain Mac if they can say "hey, he beat FSU". But the fans know that's a joke.

It would also be an easy excuse to fire him. If, in his 3rd year (with HIS kids and staff) he can't beat an F$U team with a losing record...proof he needs to be fired.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
What would be the selling point of adding Mullen? He's failing at MSU so he'd be a great fit here? :crazy:

Not a Mullen fan, but the ONLY selling point would be his proven track record of developing (or simply coaching) successful QBs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You're welcome.

(now if/when Marianna edits it - per Ox's request - the entire thing is saved via the "quote" reply!)
No it won't.

Fellas, don't steal from pay sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.