Status
Not open for further replies.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Redman is an idiot.
Yeah i believe he has been the main guy pumping the Stoops rumors with every coaching search UF has had...i don't buy it
While I wouldn't be opposed to Stoopsie, Hollywood Bob doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation. I don't know much about him, but Ive heard he's usually a BSer.
He used to work with the football team under SOS and Zook too i believe so he had some solid contacts back in the day and used to be pretty good at the recruiting stuff but i don't think he's been very accurate in the last decade or more...

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I still think that its going to be a hire that comes out of relative left field rather than the name that everybody has been saying since literally the beginning. If its Frost or Norvell I'll be shocked.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still think that its going to be a hire that comes out of relative left field rather than the name that everybody has been saying since literally the beginning. If its Frost or Norvell I'll be shocked.
If that's the case, I predict Stricklin has a very short career.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
If that's the case, I predict Stricklin has a very short career.
He may land Frost. I just think it's a bit suspicious that literally all these non-connected hacks have been "hearing" Frost from everybody since day 1. Doesn't strike me that the AD would have worse leaks than the Titanic. Then again maybe Stricklin wants everyone to know he's going after Frost, I don't know.

By "left field" I don't mean Derek Dooley or Major Applewhite, it could be somebody that's been talked about i.e. Norvell.

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
He may land Frost. I just think it's a bit suspicious that literally all these non-connected hacks have been "hearing" Frost from everybody since day 1. Doesn't strike me that the AD would have worse leaks than the Titanic. Then again maybe Stricklin wants everyone to know he's going after Frost, I don't know.

By "left field" I don't mean Derek Dooley or Major Applewhite, it could be somebody that's been talked about i.e. Norvell.
Every coaching hire at any school is always going to have "leaks", just the nature of the beast.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Every coaching hire at any school is always going to have "leaks", just the nature of the beast.
No kidding, but this would be more on the scale of torpedo hits in the hull rather than leaks. If its true then Stricklin is holding these talks on speakerphone with his office door and window wide open.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bob Redman now thinks Stoops is the #1 target of Stricklin after "hearing" Frost was all last week. Whatever that is worth
**** that! Not a stoops fan at all. I'd be disappointed. And if we was gonna hire stoops ,why wouldn't go ahead and do it so he can go ahead and start building his staff?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
**** that! Not a stoops fan at all. I'd be disappointed. And if we was gonna hire stoops ,why wouldn't go ahead and do it so he can go ahead and start building his staff?
Because it's probably not true and even if it were true it probably is more of trying talking him into it vs just hammering out a contract

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Because it's probably not true and even if it were true it probably is more of trying talking him into it vs just hammering out a contract
They were talking about stoops on the radio today . It was the topic of brady Ackerman and shane mathews show. Guess they're trying to feel everybody out? I'm gonna be disappointed if we don't get frost.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
42 pages and you still havent hired our new guys..............you remind me of the new congress trying to undo all the
pain from Obammmar.............all hat and no boots..........
You'd give your right testicle to have someone like Woody Hayes, wouldn't you?

You'd give your right testicle to have someone like Woody Hayes, wouldn't you?
No. I actually prefer football after the invention of the forward pass.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Still waiting for you guys who were dissing Shaw to say that you would be happy If he were at Tennessee.
I would be very happy. They'd never win a championship. Most of all I'd be happy it was them and not us that had to endure that brand of football week in week out.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member

I was thinking along those lines, then I just remember that Foley isn't the one making this hire. Foley loved to hire a guy nobody was talking about because he was a cheapskate and he wanted to look like a genius and say, "haha, I pulled one over on all of y'all"

In 2010 the hot rumors were with Chris Peterson, Bob Stoops, and to an extent, Gary Patterson, and he hires Muschamp.

In 2014, we kept hearing names like Gundy, Rodriguez, Freeze, and again, Stoops. We got the Margarine Man.

If Foley was hiring this time, id bet that Frost or Norvell wouldn't be the guy. We don't know what Stricklin will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.