The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

That was 11 days ago. Okay rico-suave, what now?

This is your idea of calming us down? Not to sweat?
"Make Florida Football fun again"?

Ladies and gentlemen.....

images

How-To-Catch-Mullet-Fish.png

https://deepwaterfishery.com/how-to-catch-mullet-fish/

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to look at the positives for Mullen. He is not my choice, but just to give him a fair look. Any others?

1. Urban’s teams were best with Mullen as OC.

2. Mullen has proven he can develop a QB

3. Mullen has taken a Miss St. team that has historically been a bottom feeder and made them top 25.
If he becomes our coach, I will support him, but I do not have high hopes for greatness. We will do fine, but I would like something more dynamic and exciting.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unforgivable to avoid all the attractive tier three guys and fold tent. Stricklin will have lots of explaining to do if Mullen is tabbed.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
But i think his recruiting is substandard, we just went through that with Mac.

I’m not a mullet fan, but nobody is going to be a recruiting champ in Starkville. Best we can hope for is for him to step it up. Can’t be worse than Mac’s consistent stream of 3 ⭐

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of talk out there its going to be Mullen hired in the next week if he doesn't go to Tennessee first.

Mullen has shown he sucks against better competition even when he has some good players. You don't win like 2 of 18 mutual top 25 matchups by accident and luck alone should give a coach one winning SEC season in 9 years.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
If in fact it's Mullen, not only are we having to settle, but because of the public spurning fromKelly, and what will be perceived as a NO from Frost, we'll actually be the ones negotiating from a position of weakness. That's right, the guy in Starkville with the .600 record will be the one with all the leverage. So in addition to getting a 3rd tier guy, we're probably going to have to spend a fortune to land him.

Just stellar work by our AD.

I'll ask again, if we completely tank a season midway, lose several key recruits, and still end up settlng for a "meh" hire like DM, who's not known for recruiting prowess or winning big games, and by extension lock ourselves into an additional 3-4 years of mediocrity as opposed to enduring 1 more with McElwain, was it still the right move to make at that time?
Frost was never an option.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
"Catching mullet fish is a fun activity. The thrill of the chase that comes along in going after mullet fish is really exhilarating especially when you get to catch the big ones. Whether you want to catch mullet to eat the fish or to use them as bait, catching one is still challenging. You can find mullet in saltwater and freshwater.

How to catch mullet fish? There are actually different ways to catch them and just continue reading to know the step by step guide in catching mullet fish."

Methods on How to Catch Mullet Fish

Catching Mullet Using a Line and Hook
Step 1: Look For The Best Spot
Step 2: Have Your Tackle Ready
Step 3: Use The Right Bait
Step 4: Reel Mullet Fish When Catched

Using a Cast Net
Step 2: Search For The Good Spot
Step 3: Practice At Home
Step 4: Search For Disturbances
Step 5: Cast The Net
Step 6: Retrieve The Net