The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Many questions - no one in the UF admin is going to answer us, so we should just live with the unanswered questions.

But I have a question of the folks on the board - why does everyone hate this guy? We all saw the high-octane offense he ran 2005- 2008. He didn't just run it with Timmy, Chris was more of a drop-back QB and he was the starter in 2005 and primary starter in 2006.

He was pretty friendly when he was our Gator Club's guest speaker as the new OC in 2005 (which was, incidentally, the last time we could get a coach to speak - Urban demanded a limited speaking schedule for himself and his assistants after the 2005 season).

I'm like you, I have fond memories of Dan at UF. And I don't hold his record at MSU against him. Anyone would have trouble recruiting and winning there. And don't kid ourselves, he does bring certain things to the table: we know his offense can be successful, he recruited fine at UF, he knows the SEC, etc. But for me, I really was hoping we could get a young gunslinger in here to bring some innovation and storm the SEC the way that SOS did.

Mullin can stabilize the program, but he's kind of like how you call some QBs game managers.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, its just apparent that's not going to happen. This Mac mess has burned us even worse that we thought - the AD is scared to reach down and take another shot at a young guy.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
OMFG!!!!!! 7 effing mil

Hilarious. Ninety percent of posters here have pissed and moaned about how cheap our brass is and that they wont pay assistants yet when a RUMOR comes out that we are gonna pay a coach 7mil, everyone believes it.......hahahaha

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Hilarious. Ninety percent of posters here have pissed and moaned about how cheap our brass is and that they wont pay assistants yet when a RUMOR comes out that we are gonna pay a coach 7mil, everyone believes it.......hahahaha
True or not its 7 effing mil, not much left for assistants, lmao

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I've already forgotten it.

BTW, I don't own any pitchforks. I mean, just b/c it appears that everyone on this board hates this guy (and his wife), is everyone here supposed to go along with that attitude? Well you can shyt on me, call me names, ban me, take away all my Ox dollars, or whatever, but just to be an iconoclast, I won't go along. SO THERE.
Your entitled to that opinion. If Mullen wants back in Gainesville though he better dang well win (9+ a year minimum) and he better show that he wants to be here imo

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Many questions - no one in the UF admin is going to answer us, so we should just live with the unanswered questions.

But I have a question of the folks on the board - why does everyone hate this guy? We all saw the high-octane offense he ran 2005- 2008. He didn't just run it with Timmy, Chris was more of a drop-back QB and he was the starter in 2005 and primary starter in 2006.

He was pretty friendly when he was our Gator Club's guest speaker as the new OC in 2005 (which was, incidentally, the last time we could get a coach to speak - Urban demanded a limited speaking schedule for himself and his assistants after the 2005 season).

Miss State's coach is a LOSER.

4-29 vs ranked teams. Losing record in the SEC. He flat out sucks. He sucks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We want to pay a good coach, not a bag of shyt.

bucsdude

Nov 13, 2017

Great post. I’m not thrilled with the hire, but we won two championships with him as the OC, including a few years of a high octane attack. Mullen has coached two current NFL starting QBs and a heisman winning legendary college QB. How many guys can say that?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I've already forgotten it.

BTW, I don't own any pitchforks. I mean, just b/c it appears that everyone on this board hates this guy (and his wife), is everyone here supposed to go along with that attitude? Well you can shyt on me, call me names, ban me, take away all my Ox dollars, or whatever, but just to be an iconoclast, I won't go along. SO THERE.
You're nothing but a lemming.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Great post. I’m not thrilled with the hire, but we won two championships with him as the OC, including a few years of a high octane attack. Mullen has coached two current NFL starting QBs and a heisman winning legendary college QB. How many guys can say that?

He also has the WORST record in the history of college football against ranked teams while being ranked himself.

2-17

WORST all-time. worst. You want that loser here?

bucsdude

Nov 13, 2017
Miss State's coach is a LOSER.

4-29 vs ranked teams. Losing record in the SEC. He flat out sucks. He sucks.
And so was James Franklin Vandy and Saban at Miss St. Some jobs aren’t possible to win big at. Miss St. is one of those jobs. I don’t love the hire, but let’s not pretend like this an all-time bad hire. If he can recruit well, I think he will do very well. That’s a big if though.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And I don't hold his record at MSU against him.

You're pathetic. Have you ever hired anyone in your life? Looked at a resume? His resume sucks. You're just going to blindly follow along? Lemming.

This is an awful hire and I know how it is going to play out.

bucsdude

Nov 13, 2017
He also has the WORST record in the history of college football against ranked teams while being ranked himself.

2-17

WORST all-time. worst. You want that loser here?
Again, I don’t love the hire, but objectively getting Miss St ranked is an accomplishment. He’s shown that with high end recruits at Florida he can run an incredible offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.