The Current State of Gator Sports

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I've been thinking about the state of Florida men's sports for a while now and all I can really say is it's the worst I've ever seen in my life.

We've been absolutely awful at football and basketball for what seems like a lifetime. The best season either of my kids have ever seen was Dan mullens season ending crescendo collapse in 2020.

The only thing that gave any of us something to cheer for through all the misery was baseball. That's definitely gone as this year's team is terrible in nearly every aspect of the game and will likely finish with a losing record.

So what is going on? Are we just plain done as a program and a power? Sure seems that way. Fans have become completely numb to it and how can they not, we've been force fed bullsht for so long at some point you just quit complaining. The AD sure doesn't seem to care. He acts like he thinks everything is going great. And when he's absolutely forced to make a new hire to replace a bad one he rushes right to the worst option available and gives them more money than God.

I'm really close to completely checking out. There's just no joy in gator sports anymore. Getting excited about winning a conf game against an avg opponent on a Tuesday evening is not where we should be. Golden seems to be on a good track but basketball is over and essentially a year away. It's looking like a miserable summer and unwatchable fall for Gator fans. I wish Spurrier would get behind a microphone and absolutely torch these bums. The fans would respond to that and maybe it would be the catalyst for some positive change.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Have you not heard about the staffing hires Coach Billy Napier made recently?
Head Chef and yoga nutrition guru are gonna make the difference to an exciting 8-4 season. Buckle up buttercup for the ride.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I've been thinking about the state of Florida men's sports for a while now and all I can really say is it's the worst I've ever seen in my life.

We've been absolutely awful at football and basketball for what seems like a lifetime. The best season either of my kids have ever seen was Dan mullens season ending crescendo collapse in 2020.

The only thing that gave any of us something to cheer for through all the misery was baseball. That's definitely gone as this year's team is terrible in nearly every aspect of the game and will likely finish with a losing record.

So what is going on? Are we just plain done as a program and a power? Sure seems that way. Fans have become completely numb to it and how can they not, we've been force fed bullsht for so long at some point you just quit complaining. The AD sure doesn't seem to care. He acts like he thinks everything is going great. And when he's absolutely forced to make a new hire to replace a bad one he rushes right to the worst option available and gives them more money than God.

I'm really close to completely checking out. There's just no joy in gator sports anymore. Getting excited about winning a conf game against an avg opponent on a Tuesday evening is not where we should be. Golden seems to be on a good track but basketball is over and essentially a year away. It's looking like a miserable summer and unwatchable fall for Gator fans. I wish Spurrier would get behind a microphone and absolutely torch these bums. The fans would respond to that and maybe it would be the catalyst for some positive change.
Kick yer dog... yell at yer kids... sure, there will be both short and long term consequences, but you'll feel good for a second.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Head Chef and yoga nutrition guru are gonna make the difference to an exciting 8-4 season. Buckle up buttercup for the ride.
Billy couldn't achieve 8-4 in the sec with bama's roster. He'll be 1-4 and fired before Georgia.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Clearly someone has forgotten the hockey championship. Can't win it all in every sport every year.
Lady Gators lacrosse team kicked the schit outta Furman by 2+ TDs this week, you can catch them tomorrow at home where they'll probably crush Old Dominion by double digits as well!
Roll Go GIF by Carter Chevrolet

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We were fortunate to have Spurrier here for over a decade.

We caught lightning in a bottle with Donovan and Meyer. Championships in both Basketball and Football. The chances of that happening again, in our lifetimes, is slim.

Add in NIL, free agency and UFs emphasis on becoming Hillbilly Harvard, and the chances of ever repeating our glory days are nada.

No point in losing sleep over it.

Take up fishing.

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I got a call yesterday from Gator ticket office asking my plans about renewing my football season tickets "in preparation for the upcoming exciting season", I literally laughed out loud and said "really, there has been nothing exciting in football for a while now". I actually felt bad for the nice young man at the other end of the call. I told him I would not renew my season ticket package this season as the product on the field wasn't very good and it was difficult to find anyone who wanted to make the drive up and back home. I only attended 2 games last season (UT and Ark) could not give away my tickets for the other four games so I donated them back to the ticket office to give away.

I'm a huge baseball fan and watch most of our games every year. I'm very frustrated and disappointed in where we are heading this season after last season's great run, especially considering we have a once in a lifetime talent being wasted. I only watched a little men's basketball this past season and was disappointed but not surprised at our one and done appearance today.

Football is the engine and ours is not running on all cylinders. I doubt I will be planning my Saturday's around Gator football this fall.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

PS Nav and his MGTOW schit doesn't seem so stupid or nuts any more...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
PS Nav and his MGTOW schit doesn't seem so stupid or nuts any more...
I'm just to the point of finding other things to put my time and emotions into. Taking the kids fishing, ball with the son and gymnastics with the daughter, more family time, home improvements. Hell, mowing the lawn is a better use of my time and less painful than watching faggity tater and his staff of dollar general discount returns.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019

know_how_to_party_waynes_world.gif

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm just to the point of finding other things to put my time and emotions into. Taking the kids fishing, ball with the son and gymnastics with the daughter, more family time, home improvements. Hell, mowing the lawn is a better use of my time and less painful than watching faggity tater and his staff of dollar general discount returns.
GatorsGTOW….

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
8-4 would be amazing. Not likely. Maybe, just maybe, the buddy he retained and made motivational speaker at nearly a million dollars will be the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.