The Current State of Gator Sports

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good to see Spurrier optimistic. 8 wins would be strong and help Napier recruit a solid class.
christmas vacation GIF

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Why wouldn't I be? If SOS was a BS'er, no. But he's a straight shooter. Will we be better? Who knows. Sounded like it could be construed our secondary was getting beaten, but okay, whatever. Would 8 wins prove Napier is a genius, nope! But better than 5 or 6 and should help him have some credibility recruiting, especially if it turned out two of the wins were scUM and fsu.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why wouldn't I be? If SOS was a BS'er, no. But he's a straight shooter. Will we be better? Who knows. Sounded like it could be construed our secondary was getting beaten, but okay, whatever. Would 8 wins prove Napier is a genius, nope! But better than 5 or 6 and should help him have some credibility recruiting, especially if it turned out two of the wins were scUM and fsu.
If you think 8 wins is going make crootin good or that Spurrier is actually happy about it, I really dont know what to tell you. 8 wins in year 3 is embarrassing. And I can promise you it wouldn't make Spurrier happy. He's saying that bc he's part of the program and has to sound positive.

But it's all irrelevant anyway bc he's not even gonna be here long enough to play 8 more games, let alone 8 wins.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But it's all irrelevant anyway bc he's not even gonna be here long enough to play 8 more games, let alone 8 wins.
I find it impossible to believe that you believe this. UF would have to be 1-7 with the team obviously checked out for that to happen. It’s not going to.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
So Spurrier and several "AD connected people" are parroting 8-4 now? Seems like they visit here and are following me around.
Well, their opinion matches mine and this video shows things aren't as bad as y'all make it out to be regarding music...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So Spurrier and several "AD connected people" are parroting 8-4 now? Seems like they visit here and are following me around.
Well, their opinion matches mine and this video shows things aren't as bad as y'all make it out to be regarding music...

i saw a recent video where spurrier said he was hoping we could get to 8-4 b/c that would make everyone pretty happy. that isn't exactly a prediction. and if achieving 8-4 makes you really happy, what does that say about your actual expectation? im sure our homosexual AD has told everyone that they need to be positive b/c the fan base has become completely apathetic, but i dont know anyone that actually knows football, is familiar with our staff and roster, and familiar with our schedule that is predicting we have double the wins as we have losses. Best ive seen is 7 wins, most of the predictions ive seen show 5, from many of the same people who said 5 last year and were correct.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
8-4 next year puts Napier at 19-18 in his overall tenure here. He's 11-14 after the first two years--which is worse than Zook or Muschamp.

For me, he needs to go no worse than 9-3. That's the standard we've held every coach accountable to for the last 30 years and I see no reason to make an exception for this one.

Beating A&M, LSU, Kentucky, UCF, and scUM at home (4 of which start new QBs) shouldn't be that big an ask for a competent coach playing at home (especially on with a senior QB in year 2 of the system and a 5 star QB on the bench who's able to add in a rushing threat). Toss in Samford and that's 6 victories. Is expecting two wins from Miss State, Tenn (who we beat last year), and f$u (who is replacing 2/3rds of their team and who we were winning against for most of that game) really that big an expectation in Year 3?

Otherwise, what's really the point?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
8-4 next year puts Napier at 19-18 in his overall tenure here. He's 11-14 after the first two years--which is worse than Zook or Muschamp.

For me, he needs to go no worse than 9-3. That's the standard we've held every coach accountable to for the last 30 years and I see no reason to make an exception for this one.

Beating A&M, LSU, Kentucky, UCF, and scUM at home (4 of which start new QBs) shouldn't be that big an ask for a competent coach playing at home (especially on with a senior QB in year 2 of the system and a 5 star QB on the bench who's able to add in a rushing threat). Toss in Samford and that's 6 victories. Is expecting two wins from Miss State, Tenn (who we beat last year), and f$u (who is replacing 2/3rds of their team and who we were winning against for most of that game) really that big an expectation in Year 3?

He is fired after losing to the buttsniffers.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

As usual, you and I are in total agreement.

He needs to win at least 9 next year, I don't care how tough the schedule supposedly is.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He is fired after losing to the buttsniffers.
i dont think he makes it that far. typically a mid season axe happens at the start of a bye week so the interim has some extra time to prepare. That would be after KY and rolling into uga in 2 weeks time. not even sure he makes it to KY but if he does, i expect the axe to fall that sunday morning. I'll be dressed in my sunday best for it! :yes:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
i dont think he makes it that far. typically a mid season axe happens at the start of a bye week so the interim has some extra time to prepare. That would be after KY and rolling into uga in 2 weeks time. not even sure he makes it to KY but if he does, i expect the axe to fall that sunday morning. I'll be dressed in my sunday best for it! :yes:
This leadership doesnt have the balls to fire him before Jax. Not sure they have the balls after that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we look like schit through the Georgia game he will be informed he won't be retained, but they will not fully break him off unless it's something his agent and him agree to. Stricklin is looking for any reason to retain him through 2025, any fuching reason.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If we look like schit through the Georgia game he will be informed he won't be retained, but they will not fully break him off unless it's something his agent and him agree to. Stricklin is looking for any reason to retain him through 2025, any fuching reason.
stricklin's also looking for any reason to have sex with a natural born female, any reason at all. no dice so far, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.