The Dabo Swinney/Mac Myth

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
It is not all about wins and losses. Clemson fans were able to see a product on the field that was consistently improving. Like I've said before, I do not mind losing, if the opposition is legitimately better than us, and we are at least competitive with them. Barely scraping by the teams we should be beating, only to then get totally blown away by the teams we should be competitive with does not make anyone believe that things are improving at UF. Hell, at times, we seem to be trying to find new ways to get worse. We cannot continue hoping each week that we get to play against a coach as dumb as Butch Jones, or a DC as clueless as whoever the hell the guy is at Kinsucky. Thank God for those morons, but we need to figure out a way to save ourselves from our own special little breed of stupid that we call Butters.

My sentiments exactly. Show me improvement and if we loose to some teams that are better I'm ok with that, but our O looks worse than most high school teams

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
It's a pumper thing. It's been said on here and elsewhere.
Yes, whenever someone says it is time to move on someone inevitably uses Dabo as an example of someone that wasn't great yet in year 3... which is crap. His early teams had their ups and downs, but you saw improvement. You got the feeling (at the time) that he had a high ceiling.

On the other hand, Mac... the best we are ever going to be is mediocre. Maybe we'll win the east while everyone is down, but we won't be winning the whole thing.... and we certainly won't make the playoffs. It's a waste of time.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, whenever someone says it is time to move on someone inevitably uses Dabo as an example of someone that wasn't great yet in year 3... which is crap. His early teams had their ups and downs, but you saw improvement. You got the feeling (at the time) that he had a high ceiling.

On the other hand, Mac... the best we are ever going to be is mediocre. Maybe we'll win the east while everyone is down, but we won't be winning the whole thing.... and we certainly won't make the playoffs. It's a waste of time.

You don't need Swamp Gas dude. You are free to speak your mind here and almost everyone is purdy kewl too.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome. It's well moderated and even most of the pumpers are decent people. You won't be called a troll for having a dissenting opinion.
You forgot about JBoss.

You've been OWNED and DESTROYED!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You forgot about JBoss.

You've been OWNED and DESTROYED!

He's on ignore and I would never tell a new poster to do that(put on ignore). That's pretty ****ty and people can make their own decisions.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's on ignore and I would never tell a new poster to do that(put on ignore). That's pretty ****ty and people can make their own decisions.
That's silly. Youre not the kind of snowflake that needs an ignore button.

BTW, he occasionally says he knows Butters should be fired.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's silly. Youre not the kind of snowflake that needs an ignore button.

BTW, he occasionally says he knows Butters should be fired.
That's only when he takes his meds.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CJ Spiller. He stole five stars even from Creyer.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
2 pages revolving around a straw-man argument. There has been no pumper group alignment behind the idea that Mac = Dabo. I've been swayed by MacNuss & by Dumper facts to the point I'm a Dumpette. Still, I cannot take one phrase out of context and make myself feel smarter by attacking the strawman I myself stuffed up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's well moderated...

Whoa whoa whoa...let's not get crazy!

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
2 pages revolving around a straw-man argument. There has been no pumper group alignment behind the idea that Mac = Dabo. I've been swayed by MacNuss & by Dumper facts to the point I'm a Dumpette. Still, I cannot take one phrase out of context and make myself feel smarter by attacking the strawman I myself stuffed up.

Dude...you're wrong. The pumpers(especially on other sites) make this their favorite compelling reason to keep Mac. If Clemson fired Dabo after three seasons they would not have the coach they do today. The problem is that he took over in the middle of the season. No one would fire a guy after 2.5 years so even us dumpers would have acknowledged "one more year". He won the ACC and ten games in his third full season. He was a keeper at that point.

It's bull**** and I wanted the pumpers to stop using Dabo circumstance as a reason to keep Mac when they conveniently leave out the facts.

If you haven't heard this you may want to get out more. Just saying dude.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Early on (after the first Bama SEC beatdown) in the great howling for Mac's firing, one poster just urged that point of patience. He made it part, just a part, of his point that Saban's first year at Bama was 7-6. The dumpers immediately started the straw argument against all aligning with patience as pumpers claiming Mac was as good as Sabin.??
Nobody ever believed or said any such thing.

I'm certainly not a pumper, but this I have observed, positive posters come forth one at a time with their posts. Whereas, dumpers negate in a flowing flood of posts. That's just the way it has been. But after the 1st game, no "group" of pumpers remain ... now, it's just individual rational posters saying that we're stuck with McNCrew so accept don't degrade the wins and wait out what you can do nothing about without dragging it out worse. Is that an inaccurate description?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.