The Dabo Swinney/Mac Myth

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I've read this comparison over and over and I feel the need to dispel this myth being perpetuated.

Myth: If we fire Mac after 3 seasons we won't get to see the Dabo like turn-around.

TRUTH: Dabo won the ACC in his third full season as head coach. We would have never fired him. I firmly believe that we would have give him at least 3 full seasons to see what he could do. I mean we gave Chump 4, right?

So, this false premise going around needs to be addressed. It's a sad narrative and the truth should be told.
Wins and losses are always the bottom line. TR. But I remember all the disdain in here for Dabo. SOS was beating if Im not mistaken and he was a rah rah goofy ass dude. That appealed to me. And his name it awesome. I mean come ON, Dabo? A man named Wooden didnt become the GREATEST of all time in college for a decade. Now I know that time frame wont fly here but I think some coaches need more time that 2-3 years to finally get it right. Of course that dont fly at all here cause we deserve MR Homerun coach from day one. Mac probably wont work out here. Maybe a terrible fit. But I think with a few good recruiters and a good Off Coord. he could succeed here. But I guess after Charlie kicks azzz at USF for a few years the most deserving guy may finally get his shot. I still say ASK SOS for his input. He is/was a genius after all (no sarcasm here)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Strong is terrible. His resume says"I dumped The Chump once" and nothing else. Id love him back as a coordinator though.

As for Butters, if we need an OC to fix the OC we hired for an HC, what exactly is the point of keeping the moron? Other than trying to save face for Fooley?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.