The Dominant 20: Best teams of last 20 years

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If you recall the SECCG against Ark that year, I believe that was where the blue print for beating us was designed. I remember sitting there and thinking that a team with real talent all-out blitzing DW and hitting him every play would be a nightmare. He left that game beaten to a pulp, and Nebraska had their game plan.

I won’t diminish that ‘95 team. It was a definite top 5 with a real argument for the best. But I agree that Spurrier’s stubbornness was a huge factor and Zook has an entire career resume that says he’s simply not cut out to be a DC or implement a defensive game plan. As great as they were, we had no business losing like that.

I recall the lswho DC was bragging he gave nu a clinic on his blitzing schemes because lswho , while losing at home, still gave UF some problems - might’ve been UF’s lowest offensive output that year. SOS beat the living crap outta lswho the following year in the Swamp. After the game, the HBC said, “I guess lsu won’t be giving any defensive coaching clinics this year.” Gotta love the HBC!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I recall the lswho DC was bragging he gave nu a clinic on his blitzing schemes because lswho , while losing at home, still gave UF some problems - might’ve been UF’s lowest offensive output that year. SOS beat the living crap outta lswho the following year in the Swamp. After the game, the HBC said, “I guess lsu won’t be giving any defensive coaching clinics this year.” Gotta love the HBC!

That's a great story. Hadn't heard that. The one thing guys like Spurrier and UM get is the revenge element of the game. But yeah, we'd struggled offensively in BR as well. OM too, now that I look it up. Hard to imagine that offense was held to 28 points or less on 4 occasions that year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In 1995 Pruett was the DC not Zook
You do this every time. You know Ive posted links in the past and Im not doing it again.

I used to have a boss like that. Hed say something, youd show why he was wrong (no boss, its a really bad idea to get 3g mobile hotspots instead of a cable or isdn line for internet), he would understand and agree, then two weeks later hed be back to his original position.

Pruitt was in WV or on the road recruiting and putting his staff together at Marshall all of Dec. He was DC in name only. He rejoined UF again about four days before the game. Zook was acting DC, did all the game planning and install of our fvkktarded scheme. There was some debate whether we would even allow Pruitt to come back for the bowl essentially to earn the bonus and perhaps a ring.

It was all over the papers about Zook doing a "great job" at STs and deserving this second look as DC. Fooley was desperately trying to rehab his idiot friend.

However, SOS was just as at fault for the Neboss. By Nov 30th, 1996 (thats after losing to Clowns the first time and watching Danny take 30 some shots mostly late shots) I was convinced wed never make it to the top in part bc SOS would never use shotgun to stop the blitz. Then... after a decade and a half of refusing, shockingly, did... a year too late.

The defense was better under Pruitt than Zook, but still average at best.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After the game, the HBC said, “I guess lsu won’t be giving any defensive coaching clinics this year.” Gotta love the HBC!
Yeah, fvkk them too. not to mention we were beat up on the other line at both 95 Nebraska and the first game in 96 versus clowns.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yeah, fvkk them too. not to mention we were beat up on the other line at both 95 Nebraska and the first game in 96 versus clowns.

We were still without our senior (All American?) and future NFL C Mitchell(?) heading into the rematch with the echo-of-the-whistle clowns. But, you know, Dunn’s mom served up some bad gumbo, so... 52-20, chief running stains!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But, you know, Dunn’s mom served up some bad gumbo, so... 52-20, chief running stains!
Yeah, my favorite exscuse from OG Clowns, though the story fluctuated between Ms Dunn or some mean ole gators who broke into the hotel and gave those Clowns bad food.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
One of the best college teams I’ve ever seen. Law just hates that type of offense, so he gives them no respect.
He literally believes that if a team crosses the goal line running the football that it should only count for 3 points like a FG instead of the 7 you should get if you pass it for a TD......Frickin' Mumme Fan boy that he is....:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I gave you a like for trying but the Mumme spread is a no go. No sideways offenses for me.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You do this every time. You know Ive posted links in the past and Im not doing it again.

I used to have a boas like that. Hed say something, youd show why he was wrong (no boss, its a really bad idea to get 3g mobile hotspots instead of a cable or isdn line for internet), he would understand and agree, then two weeks later hed be back to his original position.

Pruitt was in Huntington WV or on the road recruiting and putting his staff together at Marshall. He joined UF again about four days before the game. Zook was acting DC, did all the game planning and install of our fvkktarded scheme. Tjere was some debate whether we would even all Pruitt to come back essentially to earn the bonus and perhaps a ring.

It was all over the papers about Zook doing a "great nib" at STs and deserving another look as DC. Fooley was desperately trying to rehab his idiot friend.

However, SOS' was just as at fault. By Nov 30th, 1996 (thats after losing to Clowns the first time and watching Danny take 30 some shots mostly late shots) I was convinced wed never male it tonthe top in part bc SOS would never use shotgun to stop the blitz. Then... after a decade and a half of refusing, he did.

The defense was better under Pruitt than Zook, but still average at best.
I have no idea what all this gibberish means.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Enough with the excuses why we lost. Every team is beat up by the end of the season.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I have no idea what all this gibberish means.
jimbeam_white_1.jpg

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow Donkers bashing SOS?? I have really seen it all now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator