The GOAT, Brady or Jordan?

Fred

Nov 27, 2017
Brady is disqualified for GOAT because all of his accomplishments happened with the Patriots who are the cheatingest team in the history of the NFL. I vote Jerry Rice.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jordan is the GOAT. Although the Babe isn’t far behind.

Everyone else is miles behind.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
It's hard with the cross-sports, cross-generation comparison, but I think that the degree of separation between Ruth and his contemporaries was exponentially greater than any of the other nominees or anyone else for that matter. Now, I'm not sure if that means greatest of all time or not, but it sounds like a winner to me.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Billl Russell. Count the rings. Two National Championships in BB at a school you never heard of Even player coached an NBA title (first black head coach any pro sport) and Olympic medal. Ali in the conversation and Gretzky. Jim Brown best football player. Look at his average

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard with the cross-sports, cross-generation comparison, but I think that the degree of separation between Ruth and his contemporaries was exponentially greater than any of the other nominees or anyone else for that matter. Now, I'm not sure if that means greatest of all time or not, but it sounds like a winner to me.

Not only was Babe Ruth clearly superior than everyone else he played against, but he was that good without any effort, conditioning, nutrition, etc. If he had taken care of himself with a healthy diet, exercise, and didn't drink during games, he'd probably still hold several of baseball's records.

As for the original question, Jordan has more championships and tons of NBA records so it really isn't close. Brady would need to win a 7th superbowl to surpass him imo and that's still pretty debatable.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Better still, which switcheroo would you want, Brady at the 2 guard or MJ calling signals?

I know who I want.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
1. Jordan
2. Jim Thorpe
3. Bo Jackson
4. Babe Ruth
5. Carl Lewis
6. Gretzky

I'm not sure Brady even cracks my top-10.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’d prefer to distinguish team athletes vs. individual ones. They are so different.

If we are talking championship caliber play - Bill Russell.

If we are talking greatest overall athlete in team sports, I’d go with Chamberlain or Jordan or Jim Brown

Brady is the greatest QB of all time. He’s a good athlete but his dedication to preparation and self improvement is akin to Russell & Jordan or Aaron.

Individual sports - greatest all around athletes, you guys have listed them.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Jim Brown...best RB and LaCrosse player. Better than Bo as a two sport athlete. Plus Jim Brown didn't wuss out in 1985......

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't we have a thread and some were saying LeBron is better than Jordan..... How can Jordan be better than Brady, if some jabronies here say he isn't as good as LeBron.

By the way as total sports athletes in all sports Brady isn't in the top 10 maybe not even in the top 20.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ali was a draft-dodging Muslim coward, therefore disqualified.

Phelps is the greatest Olympic athlete of all-time IMO.

MJ is the greatest pro athlete of all-time.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Didn't we have a thread and some were saying LeBron is better than Jordan..... How can Jordan be better than Brady, if some jabronies here say he isn't as good as LeBron.

By the way as total sports athletes in all sports Brady isn't in the top 10 maybe not even in the top 20.
Was the thread something like this?
Jordan > LeBron > Brady > Jordan > LeBron > Brady > Jordan > LeBron > Brady
Ad nauseam.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Most spectacular to watch, in no particular order:

Nicklaus
Jordan
Ali