The National Signing Day Thread

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This is what pisses me off, if Mac had fired Nuss we would be seeing better results recruiting the QB position. We will never land another top guy as long as he's here. Mac obviously kept the guy to save his own ass next year by letting him go.

We would? Who would be our OC and what history might they have with these students? Now in a dream world UF is so great of a place that we have a long line of great people just waiting to be our coaches.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
WR Goolsby set to announce decision (100% Crystal Ball):

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/T...7-62-4E-F8-32-7D-B3170529_144304FloridaGators

Dunnelon (Fla.) 2019 wide receiver Maurice Goolsby is almost ready to make his college commitment. The Top247 prospect tells 247Sports that he will be making his announcement known on August 20th, which he says is his sisters birthday.

Goolsby says he will be picking his school of choice from his top 10, which he released a few months ago.

The Florida Gators have been seen as the team to beat here for most of the four-star pass catchers recruitment, as he has also noted UF as his leader numerous times in the past. The Florida Gators are also the team currently leading in the 247Sports Crystal Ball as well.

247Sports currently ranks Goolsby as the No. 157 overall prospect in the 2019 class and the No. 27 wide receiver.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Come on, man. You only get a fraction of my attention on this board. Full attention requires a retainer.

And that's why lawyers don't have any friends. Let me guess, you'd bill your mom if she invited you over for lunch, right?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Florida-football-2018-recruiting-class-coming-together-52952468

Florida recruiting class coming together
The Gators are in good position for several Top247 recruits.

Florida’s 2018 recruiting class is still very much in the developmental stages.

But the framework is coming together nicely.

The finished product the first Wednesday in February good look special.

How special depends on what five-star quarterback Justin Fields ultimately does. Viewed a program changer down in Gainesville, the Kennesaw (Ga.) Harrison talent has been a verbal to Penn State since December but continues to consider several other schools.

For those other schools, there are other targets on the board. For Gators offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier, he’s not pushing for anyone not named Fields and from the outside looking in you have to think UF’s position is at the very least promising because the Gators have passed on other (four-star) guys (they likely would’ve landed) as they hold out for a final decision from the 6-foot-3, 220-pound Fields.

Whoever UF signs at quarterback, it’s very likely they play behind a really good offensive line class.

Currently I have two 247Sports Crystal Balled to Gainesville in Top100 recruits William Barnes and Richard Gouraige. Barnes ranks as the nation’s No. 4 offensive tackle and Gouraige checks in at No. 10. Florida is very much in it to land the nation’s No. 5 offensive tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere as well. John Campbell, Rasheed Walker and Jalen Duncan are a few other names to know as offensive line is a big emphasis this cycle for Jim McElwain and his staff.

In the backfield Florida has Iverson Clement committed out of New Jersey and it looks like they have a great chance to land either the nation’s No. 5 running back Dameon Pierce out of Georgia or the nation’s No. 9 running back Asa Martin out of Alabama. There is optimism around the program regarding the standing with both young men.

There are several names on the board at receiver in addition to the two commits in Jalynn Williams and Corey Gammage including the nation’s No. 7 receiver Jacob Copeland who the Gators lead for on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. Amari Burney is being recruited as a two-way player and the Crystal Ball is all in favor of Florida. Other major targets include blue-chipper Justyn Ross, athlete Marquez Ezzard and Baylor commit Tyquan Thornton. Minnesota commit Terell Smith may be the fastest player in the country and could be a potential game-changer on either side of the ball. Williams is that nice slot, running back, receiver package and Gammage has some nice raw traits giving him plenty of upside.

Tight end is a need for Florida this cycle as well. Don’t sleep on the Gators for four-star Kyle Pitts out of Pennsylvania while Dante Lang out of Boca Raton is rising up the board. George Takacs is strongly considering Florida as well but Notre Dame is where the buzz seems to remain. Look for Florida to turn up the heat with Bralen Taylor out of Texas as well who has postponed his June college decision.

On the defensive line Top247 recruit Malcolm Lamar is in that must-get category for the Gators and the 247Sports Crystal Ball favors UF. The Gators are also in a good place for Top247 defensive tackle Dante Stills out of West Virginia. Others Florida is swinging at includes Rick Sandidge, Coynis Miller, Stephon Wynn (who was on campus last week), Caleb Tannor, Eyabi Anoma, Azeez Ojulari and in-state targets Taylor Upshaw and Miami commit Nesta Silvera. Five-star defensive end Micah Parsons is on the wish list as well and includes UF among his leaders.

At linebacker Florida has always had Channing Tindall near the top of the board and got him on campus during the spring. David Reese is a big in-state target and the staff went and saw Xavier Peters up in Ohio twice during the current evaluation period. Richard Jibunor out of Georgia is one Florida would love to have rushing off the edge, Top247 recruit Michael Harris remains in play and Vernon Jackson is a Texas product the Gators are pushing for.

Florida has two commitments in the secondary safety C.J. Smith and Divaad Wilson and I still think the Gators ultimately land Tyreke Johnson when it’s all said and done. DeMarvion Overshown has freakish ability and of course all the in-state names that the big three are all pushing for are in play. Florida would love to make a move with Kyler McMichael who some believe could be an awesome running back on the next level as well.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I love that they specifically named nuss as being all in on Fields while passing on some 4*s. If UF doesn't land Fields, I hope that's the final straw that breaks nuss' back.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I love that they specifically named nuss as being all in on Fields while passing on some 4*s. If UF doesn't land Fields, I hope that's the final straw that breaks nuss' back.

If you want to see Homerism at it's finest, go over to Gatorcountry and read the Nuss thread (Thread titled something like, "Honest opinion of Nus"). There is some idiot defending Nuss to the bitter end. Anyone that thinks Nuss is anything but above average to great is an idiot, according to that guy. Totally hijacked the thread and argues w/ anyone who thinks the offense stinking has anything to do w/ Nuss.....dude has a laundry list of excuses. If the offense sh*ts the bed again this year.....and McElwain is retained......he BETTER dump that worthless OC on day 1 after the FSU game!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anyone think we get this kid out of Escambia?

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/jacob-copeland-hes-not-human

Jacob Copeland a versatile athlete
Brett Bennett is in his first year as an offensive coordinator, and he couldn’t have scripted it any better.

He’s coaching at Escambia High School (Pensacola, Fla.) under his father, Mike Bennett, and has a top-100 recruit on offense.

It’s a player he’s all too familiar with.

“Everybody around here knows about Jacob Copeland,” Bennett said of the Under Armour All-American. “First time I saw him play in person, he rushed for like 250 yards as a freshman. He wore us out that night.”

Copeland is the nation’s No. 10 wide receiver and No. 51 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite rankings. But in high school, the 6-foot, 192-pound athlete plays both sides of the ball and lines up at several positions on offense.

In the past two seasons, Bennett coached Copeland at Pine Forest High School in Pensacola. Last year he had 29 receptions for 516 yards and 5 touchdowns along with 215 rushing yards and 3 scores.

“He’s just one of those guys where you want the ball in his hands,” Bennett said of Copeland. “I’m always thinking about what ways I can use him. You watch the film and you’re like, ‘How did he make that play?’ He’s not human.

“He makes freak catches. He beats guys 1-on-1. He runs a 4.4. He can jump out the gym. He benches 365 pounds. The kid looks like a Greek God walking out onto the field. As soon you see him, he automatically gets your attention.”

Copeland holds more than 30 scholarship offers and has a top 5 of Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Ole Miss and Tennessee. Bennett said Copeland’s high-profile recruiting process has not ruined his work ethic.

“He really earned all the scholarships he has,” Bennett said of Copeland, who is ranked the No. 1 WR in the state of Florida. “He wasn’t just satisfied with one or two SEC offers. He wants to show everybody he’s the best athlete in Florida, and I believe it. He does things that you don’t come across every day.”

DSC_0310_gwwv3w.jpg

Jacob Copeland is the No. 8-ranked recruit from the state of Florida. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

Copeland will play receiver, running back, quarterback and defensive back this year. In January he transferred to Escambia to play under Bennett and his father after a coaching change at Pine Forest. Copeland quickly established himself as a team leader this spring.

“Jacob is a great player and a special person, just the way that he has matured,” Bennett said. “This is my third year coaching him and that’s probably the biggest thing I’ve noticed. He’s always been the best athlete on the field, but he’s grown tremendously and he takes football serious.

“You want to have somebody like Copeland be your leader because players will follow him. He does it all for us and he pours his heart and soul into the game. This is his last go around and he’s ready for it.”

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone think we get this kid out of Escambia?

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/jacob-copeland-hes-not-human

Jacob Copeland a versatile athlete
Brett Bennett is in his first year as an offensive coordinator, and he couldn’t have scripted it any better.

He’s coaching at Escambia High School (Pensacola, Fla.) under his father, Mike Bennett, and has a top-100 recruit on offense.

It’s a player he’s all too familiar with.

“Everybody around here knows about Jacob Copeland,” Bennett said of the Under Armour All-American. “First time I saw him play in person, he rushed for like 250 yards as a freshman. He wore us out that night.”

Copeland is the nation’s No. 10 wide receiver and No. 51 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite rankings. But in high school, the 6-foot, 192-pound athlete plays both sides of the ball and lines up at several positions on offense.

In the past two seasons, Bennett coached Copeland at Pine Forest High School in Pensacola. Last year he had 29 receptions for 516 yards and 5 touchdowns along with 215 rushing yards and 3 scores.

“He’s just one of those guys where you want the ball in his hands,” Bennett said of Copeland. “I’m always thinking about what ways I can use him. You watch the film and you’re like, ‘How did he make that play?’ He’s not human.

“He makes freak catches. He beats guys 1-on-1. He runs a 4.4. He can jump out the gym. He benches 365 pounds. The kid looks like a Greek God walking out onto the field. As soon you see him, he automatically gets your attention.”

Copeland holds more than 30 scholarship offers and has a top 5 of Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Ole Miss and Tennessee. Bennett said Copeland’s high-profile recruiting process has not ruined his work ethic.

“He really earned all the scholarships he has,” Bennett said of Copeland, who is ranked the No. 1 WR in the state of Florida. “He wasn’t just satisfied with one or two SEC offers. He wants to show everybody he’s the best athlete in Florida, and I believe it. He does things that you don’t come across every day.”

DSC_0310_gwwv3w.jpg

Jacob Copeland is the No. 8-ranked recruit from the state of Florida. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

Copeland will play receiver, running back, quarterback and defensive back this year. In January he transferred to Escambia to play under Bennett and his father after a coaching change at Pine Forest. Copeland quickly established himself as a team leader this spring.

“Jacob is a great player and a special person, just the way that he has matured,” Bennett said. “This is my third year coaching him and that’s probably the biggest thing I’ve noticed. He’s always been the best athlete on the field, but he’s grown tremendously and he takes football serious.

“You want to have somebody like Copeland be your leader because players will follow him. He does it all for us and he pours his heart and soul into the game. This is his last go around and he’s ready for it.”
Well, Escambia HS is "the Gators" :grin:

I think we have as good a shot as any. Seems most I read has him leaning to us, but definitely not a lock, no where near it.

He would be a yuuuuuuuuuuuge get!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well, Escambia HS is "the Gators" :grin:

I think we have as good a shot as any. Seems most I read has him leaning to us, but definitely not a lock, no where near it.

He would be a yuuuuuuuuuuuge get!

Well, the main reason I asked is that (it seems) Alabama has pretty much owned Pensacola for any stud recruit (Leatherwood, Richardson just to name a few). Who is the last Pensacola kid we've signed? I can't remember....Emmitt?

I hope we get him. #8 State of Florida, #10 WR nationally, and #51 overall national recruit. Would be a huge pick up.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the main reason I asked is that (it seems) Alabama has pretty much owned Pensacola for any stud recruit (Leatherwood, Richardson just to name a few). Who is the last Pensacola kid we've signed? I can't remember....Emmitt?

I hope we get him. #8 State of Florida, #10 WR nationally, and #51 overall national recruit. Would be a huge pick up.
I thought I saw an article that it was Us and Auburn, and that may have been directly from him.
Has that changed?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Pretty sure it was Purifoy.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I thought I saw an article that it was Us and Auburn, and that may have been directly from him.
Has that changed?

Well, he lists a top 5 in the article:

Pretty sure it was Purifoy.

Good memory.... I don't recall how big of a recruit he was. He was solid for us, but not spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.