The National Signing Day Thread

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Traz acts like Mullen runs the wishbone regardless if he’s averaged a 3k passer the majority of his career

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
... it’s our program of course we are happy. Now that we have an upgrade coach he picked a 6-6 interim coach on two year post season probation :crazy:
thats the point... he picked a loser coach who was going to end up having us on probation to start with. Clearly the kid loves fat homely chicks with a bad case of Venarial disease... it’s just absolutely hysterical that it’s only now that it’s some OTHER fat chick with VD that we think he’s an idiot.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
He is likely headed to TAM...
source.gif

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
None of this makes a lick of sense. Something is lurking in the shadows.....

Yeah, I'm a little confused. Did he flip on his own or was he pushed out? If he was pushed out, why did Mullen travel to see him? If it was his choice, Ole Miss over UF? Really? Something else here.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I guess I don't understand the angst about losing this young man.

Well, its just another opportunity to take a shot at Mullen. If he doesnt land another good QB he will be roasted over the coals. I wanted Corral to come here partly because it "appeared" he was bringing in a bunch of others with him. It would have been a failure if Mac was still here. Him and Nuss would have him ruined in no time. Its obvious now that Mullen AND Corral felt the same about him coming here. I hope we end up in a better place with a better fit.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I give it to New Year's Day before anyone has trouble remembering who Matt Corral is.
No you’ll pen a dissertation on it if he’s doing well in 2020 and we’re still struggling at QB. Especially if we go up there and lose that season.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Obviously, I don't know the inside story concerning Mullen's interactions with Corral or the real facts concerning Corral's reputed character issues. Maybe there is more to both issues than currently meets the eye. The supposition that Mullen dumped him may well be correct. His dad's comment seems to indicate that that was the case. And as I already stated, no matter what the cost in recruiting, it was worth it to get rid of that wretched staff. But anybody who thinks we're fine at QB and that all we need is the right HC is ignoring some pretty glaring facts. What we have on hand is mediocre at best - and ill-suited to the read option offense. None of that is Mullen's fault of course, but Mullen ain't playing QB and God only knows if any of the 3 we have can either. We're nearing the end of the recruiting cycle without a viable option at QB, with very little proven ability to drawn on. You can slice it however you want, losing Corral was not a positive development for this class - or prospects of a quick turn-around. I'm not criticizing Mullen, but anybody expecting miracles, any time soon, is probably going to be sorely disappointed.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Remind me what’s Mullen’s fault? Literally 99% of the board cant stand you, except donkey who’s under the desk blowing you as we speak

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
This commitment had hair on it from the beginning. West Coast kid wanting to come East and play for Mac and Nuss who were not known for developing SEC caliber QBs. Mullen arrives and he believes Corral is not a fit for his spread and shred offense. It looks and sounds like Coach was honest with him and the kid said I am going elsewhere. The Ole Miss landing spot is surprising but the kid may want to be the big fish in the small pond.
This is not Mullen's first rodeo and he has a plan B. Let's relax and let it play out.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
So, now in addition to our Mac ran off Grier nut swingers, we'll have years worth of Mullen ran off Corral nut swingers..oh joy.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess we’ll find out pretty quickly how good this staff is at recruiting. Mullen better go and get his guy since Corral obviously wasn’t in his mind. The pressure is on and we can’t afford to strike out at the position this year.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
This doesn't appear to be that complicated of a situation to me. Mullen was putting in some time with Corral because Corral was committed and pretty highly rated even though Corral isn't Mullen's prototypical QB. Mullen would have been happy to have him considering we need some talent at the position but outside of class ranking it isn't much of a negative he's gone.

I personally see it as a possible positive as we can now put the full press on a recruit that fits what we're doing without having to tiptoe around a committed guy. I say possible just because it would have to end with us getting a quality recruit that fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator