The National Signing Day Thread

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Damn, I'm racking up dislikes this morning like Mullen is decommits.
I took the dislike back, but you insinuating that only Mullen's offense requires generational players is ridiculous.
I know you've heard a lot of talk about coaching around here lately, but don't be fooled. At the root, it's still all about the players. You can have a solid program all you want, but if you don't have top end talent you'll never win. It's why recruiting is so important. Saban wouldn't be the GOAT if he only recruited 3*s.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

Yeah, we complained when he struggled to score 20 most sec games.

If they had used the "let Leak throw" game plan we used vs OSU, we would have probably gone undefeated and won easily scored 40 points a game.

The truth is that our offense was so shyttastic that we nearly got left out of that game bc our offense was so terrible.
Avg'd nearly 30 a game... Some ppl just btch to hear themselves btch.

Law was pretty close. These are the points in SEC games:
21, 26, 28, 23, 17, 21, 25, 23
FSU - 21
23 or less in 6 of 9 is kind of struggling to reach 20. We never broke 30.
It blew up in post-season
SEC championship: 38
OSU - 41
Source -Wikipedia

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am bothered that Mullen's recruiting isn't creating an influx of confident "buy-in" All Amerian players. What's happening in this first most constructive step just ain't happening; aren't we losing ground right off? Thus, it seems Mullen is making a 'skeptical' of himself.

Skepticism or uncertainty launches these forgone conclusions of doubt and doom. Pessimism cannot resist jumping into the void created by uncertainty = by the wait & see. I'm gonna suggest plusses that we should stack next to the minuses: .....

1) DM's QB developing ability, makes "big-sized" Franks into a much more successful QB? Or DM finds, on hand or recruited, his "just-right" QB.

2) Gators at all positions respond (develop) upward in performing their jobs for this much more meaningful coaching staff. This "new wave" staff dezensitizes each player, O & D, to outplay the opponent right in front of them.

3) These correct-minded mentors make it a 'practices' of swinging winning momentum our boys' way.

Catch-phrase = Out with the old, win with the new. The most positive uncertainty is the upward transformation these players will undergo just by being rid of the past HC hebitude dude and his hirudinoid OC.:cool:

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen's recruiting ability should not be judged on this class. The only real black mark would be if he screws up the QB position.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Mullen is really under the gun to recruit every kid he targets while assembling his staff at the same time, thus far his hires have been pretty solid imo and he has been all over the country talking to recruits. EE is hurting him but he's done as much as anyone could ask as far as getting out there and having kids come OV to UF.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, when youth had no organized process and poor performance has no consequences, you get the Florida Gators.
My hope is DM implements an internally respected process and a more aggressive-orchestrated O-attack reverses some performance issues <amen>
:thumbup:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I think Dan and his staff will bring discipline and toughness to the Gators. Something they have been lacking for a long time.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Wrong. In fact weekly "what's wrong with the Gators offense" segments by analysts were common every uear except 2007 and 2008.

Mullen’s last two years... The last time no one complained was when Mullen had been here two full seasons and had time to build his offense.

People complained in 2009 while Tebow was still here, and rightfully so— we’d gone from points and creativity to two yards and a pile of Tebow. That 2009 offense should have been legendary. What changed from 2008 to 2009 I wonder?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Noone complained about Mullens offense when he was here years ago and we were hoisting Heismans and NC Trophies.

Seriously, this is how you remember those days? So Mullen and his wife were just drunk when they were complaining about UF fans back then? Or maybe you were just drunk back then?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Seriously, this is how you remember those days? So Mullen and his wife were just drunk when they were complaining about UF fans back then? Or maybe you were just drunk back then?
You didnt listen to what his wife said did you? She complained it wasnt if they won but by the margin. Those fans are dumbasses

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen’s last two years... The last time no one complained was when Mullen had been here two full seasons and had time to build his offense.

People complained in 2009 while Tebow was still here, and rightfully so— we’d gone from points and creativity to two yards and a pile of Tebow. That 2009 offense should have been legendary. What changed from 2008 to 2009 I wonder?

Percy was gone and his 9 yds per carry.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You didnt listen to what his wife said did you? She complained it wasnt if they won but by the margin. Those fans are dumbasses

Actually, I believe the complaints of the fans were not an open and exciting enough offense and not enough scoring. Does that sound familiar to you?

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Percy was gone and his 9 yds per carry.

Sure, he turned it on for four big games in 2008 (that’s two games over 100 yards rushing, and two games over 100 yards receiving), but did not play against Alabama in the SEC championship, and failed to gain over 100 yards of total offense seven times.

A great player, but hardly the cornerstone of the offense.
I bet you can do better.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014

Yeah, we complained when he struggled to score 20 most sec games.

If they had used the "let Leak throw" game plan we used vs OSU, we would have probably gone undefeated and won easily scored 40 points a game.

The truth is that our offense was so shyttastic that we nearly got left out of that game bc our offense was so terrible.
Avg'd nearly 30 a game... Some ppl just btch to hear themselves btch.

Law was pretty close. These are the points in SEC games:
21, 26, 28, 23, 17, 21, 25, 23
FSU - 21
23 or less in 6 of 9 is kind of struggling to reach 20. We never broke 30.
It blew up in post-season
SEC championship: 38
OSU - 41
Source -Wikipedia
There were a lot of missed easy field goals that year by Hetland though. A FREAKIN LOT

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I’m glad he liked it , but it don’t mean Shyte unless he commits

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sure, he turned it on for four big games in 2008 (that’s two games over 100 yards rushing, and two games over 100 yards receiving), but did not play against Alabama in the SEC championship, and failed to gain over 100 yards of total offense seven times.

A great player, but hardly the cornerstone of the offense.
I bet you can do better.

LOL. Ok, which one of you created this troll?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.