The National Signing Day Thread

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We need Emory Jones....badly. We land him and things will start to fall into place. He give us the bird, and it's time to move on from this coaching staff.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dude how did you ever get into UF with you reading comprehension. This is the 2nd time in less than a week that you can't follow a simple post. I gave you my reason. Fulmer was poisoning the coach search. It was widely reported that he was sending messages to prospects that the athletic department was toxic. So you can believe the people "attached" to the program, which I can only assume means they are not actually a part of the program, just associated with it. And at one point I had someone in the program, and if you weren't part of an inner group, you didn't know anything. Even GA's were kept in the dark on many things, sometimes coaches. So believe your UPS delivery guy if you want.

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
Want a good laugh? FSUX writer on 247Sports puts an incredible spin on the Jones visit to Tally.

Column: Taggart makes a statement
Willie Taggart, in just one weekend, has put the rest of college football on notice
"..........And perhaps the biggest development of the weekend: Jones was scheduled to visit Florida and indeed was there on Saturday. New UF coach Dan Mullen and his staff did not want Jones to follow through with plans to visit FSU on his way back home to Georgia, but it was to no avail as Jones left for Tallahassee on Saturday evening. Let that sink in: Jones cut one official visit short to go on another.........":blahblah:

Dude is totally delusional even by their standards. :crazy:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Taggart? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

At least we hired a coach with a losing conference record and not a coach with a losing overall record!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I despise the gangsta mentality. I don't want Copeland or his kind here at any time, for any reason. STFU and GTFO
tenor.gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Want a good laugh? FSUX writer on 247Sports puts an incredible spin on the Jones visit to Tally.

Column: Taggart makes a statement
Willie Taggart, in just one weekend, has put the rest of college football on notice
"..........And perhaps the biggest development of the weekend: Jones was scheduled to visit Florida and indeed was there on Saturday. New UF coach Dan Mullen and his staff did not want Jones to follow through with plans to visit FSU on his way back home to Georgia, but it was to no avail as Jones left for Tallahassee on Saturday evening. Let that sink in: Jones cut one official visit short to go on another.........":blahblah:

Dude is totally delusional even by their standards. :crazy:
Yeah this guy is getting hammered all over the internet for this article it’s great

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The interesting thing about this is that the quiet period started at midnight. EJ and family didn't leave G'ville until 7:30. If they make a stop maybe they get to campus around 10:30 and get an hour and a half with the coaches. Taggert can't have contact with him on Sunday can he?

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/emory-jones-florida-visit-update

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The recruitment of 4-star quarterback Emory Jones will come down to the wire this week.

He has been committed to Ohio State for the past 18 months, but this weekend Florida and Florida State joined Alabama in the race for the top-50 overall recruit. Jones also visited Auburn this fall, but the Tigers are not a serious contender. The mid-year enrollee will sign early and plans to make his final decision Tuesday or Wednesday.

SEC Country spoke to multiple sources close to Jones to gather the latest intel on his recruitment this weekend.

The 6-foot-3, 196-pound QB from Heard County High School (Franklin, Ga.) flew to Gainesville on Friday for a surprise trip to UF. Jones had interest in the Gators last spring, but the previous staff decided to pursue quarterbacks Justin Fields and Matt Corral.

Corral committed to the Gators on July 22, but backed off that pledge Thursday and flipped to Ole Miss . It didn’t take long for new Gators coach Dan Mullen to target a new quarterback.

Jones is ranked the nation’s No. 4 dual-threat quarterback and No. 40 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)
In early December, Jones told SEC Country he would consider the Gators if he heard from Mullen. The former Mississippi State coach gave Jones his first SEC offer in the spring of his sophomore year. Jones visited MSU twice before committing to the Buckeyes in July of 2016.

After Corral de-committed and cancelled his official visit, Florida quickly moved in on Jones. Alabama had already been working to get him in Tuscaloosa this weekend, but he decided to check out the Gators instead. Less than 16 hours after losing Corral, Mullen had Jones on campus.

He arrived in Gainesville after 2 p.m. on Friday and went out to eat with the coaches that night. Jones received a full campus tour Saturday and ate lunch in the indoor practice facility. After resting at his hotel, Jones checked out the football stadium and tried on uniforms in the locker room.

Jones and his mother, Trina Jones, left UF around 7:30 p.m. Saturday and took a car service to Tallahassee for his official visit to Florida State. Florida made an effort to keep Jones in town until Sunday, but he had scheduled the FSU trip earlier in the week and did not want to back out of those plans.

Despite the UF visit ending early, there’s confidence in Gainesville about Florida’s chances with the Elite 11 finalist. One source close to Jones told SEC Country that if he didn’t go to FSU this weekend, the Gators might have been in the driver’s seat for his services.

A potential Florida-FSU battle could be brewing for Jones as his recruitment reaches the eleventh hour.

A source close to the Ohio State program told SEC Country the Buckeyes are still recruiting Jones and would like to sign him. However, OSU coach Urban Meyer and his staff became upset with Jones after he officially visited in late October and failed to shut down his recruitment.

Ohio State started recruiting other quarterbacks in November and that led to the pledge of Matthew Baldwin, who committed on Dec. 7 and will enroll early. With Baldwin on board, the Buckeyes are prepared and seemingly anticipating the departure of Jones.

Jones has been the top QB target for Alabama coach Nick Saban since the summer. The Crimson Tide stopped recruiting 4-star quarterback Jarren Williams last month to focus their efforts on Jones. He has made five trips to Alabama this year, including an official visit on Oct. 21.

Despite a handful of stops in Tuscaloosa, Jones has been unwilling to pull the trigger this fall. The Tide’s QB depth could be the reason, though Jones has said that he doesn’t mind redshirting. As of Sunday night, a program source told SEC Country that Alabama does not expect to flip Jones.

Like Mullen, new Florida State coach Willie Taggart has some history with Jones. The former Oregon coach offered the Under Armour All-American last spring when he was with the Ducks, but could never get him on campus. Taggart had better luck with the Seminoles and now has them in the mix.

Jones will return home Monday and make a final decision this week. He is scheduled hold a pre-signing ceremony Tuesday at his high school, but it’s unknown whether his decision will be made public that day. Jones will sign his letter of intent Wednesday and enroll early at the school of his choice.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, and every coach keeps the same staff around.....riiight? I think that Scarborough lady is the only one that stuck around, and I don't remember if she was even part of the football office. I know Meyer cleaned house and so did Chump. Only a couple stayed under Chump from Meyer, basically because Meyer was still here during the transition and Foley pushed on his behalf. They all eventually transferred to another sport or AD's office or just quit. There is so much turnover in the football office it's ridiculous. Again, you said attached. You didn't say a part of, so it doesn't even matter. All you're really telling me is that you licked enough nuts to get an entry level job with the program, and you've moved on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.