The National Signing Day Thread

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We just lost a 2018 commit. Good thing 2019 class is loaded.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
the TE that no one wanted?
I'll be honest . I'm not real familar with the 2018 recruits yet. Just talking outa my ass as usual. But to me theres only one recruit right now.

Last edited:

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I've gotta be honest..I can't really recall a staff building 2 classes simultaneously. Especially not where next year's class is considerably stronger than the current one

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong! "WR" was NOT included in chump's formula.
We signed five or six one year, mostly 4 star kids. They were going to fix the OC and Driskel much like our last class is supposed to fix Nusschump. And we signed a few athletes projected as WRs whom he immediately converted to DBs.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We just lost a 2018 commit. Good thing 2019 class is loaded.
the TE that no one wanted?

Yes, Jalen Goss....which was a head scratcher to begin with. Maybe (I hope) he was nudged out of the class. He's a 6'5 250lb OL, who we planned to have play TE....who actually hasn't played TE. Made no sense...plus he was ranked about 1,475th in the country....a 2-star essentially. But, as expected, the pumpers had him as a "diamond in the rough"...."Mac found another gem!" blah, blah, blah, blah...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, Jalen Goss....which was a head scratcher to begin with. Maybe (I hope) he was nudged out of the class. He's a 6'5 250lb OL, who we planned to have play TE....who actually hasn't played TE. Made no sense...plus he was ranked about 1,475th in the country....a 2-star essentially. But, as expected, the pumpers had him as a "diamond in the rough"...."Mac found another gem!" blah, blah, blah, blah...
This was the Nord blue plate special

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This was the Nord blue plate special
Nord thought he found a gem...guy couldn't find a gem in a jewelry store. Amirite?

The only good thing about Goss was he was from Georgia......where we whiffed last year - signing ZERO recruits, which is inexcusable. Just like Jacksonville....we've conceded the state of Georgia to the usual suspects, plus Ohio State, Alabama, and any other program that wants to out-recruit us. Signing zero from Jacksonville is more inexcusable. Especially when Ohio State is pulling 5-stars out of there.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The only good thing about Goss was he was from Georgia......where we whiffed last year - signing ZERO recruits, which is inexcusable. Just like Jacksonville....we've conceded the state of Georgia to the usual suspects, plus Ohio State, Alabama, and any other program that wants to out-recruit us. Signing zero from Jacksonville is more inexcusable. Especially when Ohio State is pulling 5-stars out of there.

Agree about Jville 100%. As far as Georgia goes, I'll be happy if we get somebody worth getting from there, for instance maybe a QB that may or may not be a 5 star, dual threat...
:grin:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Agree about Jville 100%. As far as Georgia goes, I'll be happy if we get somebody worth getting from there, for instance maybe a QB that may or may not be a 5 star, dual threat...
:grin:

Yep. If we whiff on Fields we should just stop wasting our time recruiting the state of Georgia. We should just concentrate on south Florida and taking whoever Miami doesn't want or stealing one or two a year from them....

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. If we whiff on Fields we should just stop wasting our time recruiting the state of Georgia. We should just concentrate on south Florida and taking whoever Miami doesn't want or stealing one or two a year from them....

We stole more than 1 or 2 just last year. I don't buy the Miami class right now. Willing to bet it crashes and burns per usual.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If we whiff on him, we can just stay the course and shop for a transfer every spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator