The National Signing Day Thread

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We signed five or six one year, mostly 4 star kids. They were going to fix the OC and Driskel much like our last class is supposed to fix Nusschump. And we signed a few athletes projected as WRs whom he immediately converted to DBs.

I didn't say chump didn't recruit WRs. I said WRs weren't in chump's formula for success.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Yes, Jalen Goss....which was a head scratcher to begin with. Maybe (I hope) he was nudged out of the class. He's a 6'5 250lb OL, who we planned to have play TE....who actually hasn't played TE. Made no sense...plus he was ranked about 1,475th in the country....a 2-star essentially. But, as expected, the pumpers had him as a "diamond in the rough"...."Mac found another gem!" blah, blah, blah, blah...
He's a Good Kid who should of never been offered in the first place. Whoever took his commitment needs to be kicked square in the nuts and then fired because they knew he would never contribute at UF to begin with!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's a Good Kid who should of never been offered in the first place. Whoever took his commitment needs to be kicked square in the nuts and then fired because they knew he would never contribute at UF to begin with!
Wasn't there some talk about Pitts being high on us, or maybe starting to lean to us? Could this be why Goss left?

@BMF what are you hearing also?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wasn't there some talk about Pitts being high on us, or maybe starting to lean to us? Could this be why Goss left?

@BMF what are you hearing also?

Pitts visited last week, but VT is the team to beat. I'd love to land this kid. Lord knows we need an all-around TE (which I think Gamble can be, but we need more than 1 on the roster).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The Rich get Richer:

Saban kicks Butch Jones in the nuts:

http://gridironnow.com/skyler-delong-alabama-commitment/

Skyler DeLong, nation’s top punter, flips commitment to Alabama from Tennessee

Two weeks after committing to Tennessee, punter Skyler DeLong — considered the top prospect at his position in the 2018 recruiting class — has changed his pledge to Alabama.

DeLong had committed to Tennessee on June 1. Thursday morning, though, his Twitter home page reflected the switch, and multiple outlets reported the news.

DeLong, from Fort Mill (S.C.) Nation Ford, just south of Charlotte, is a three-star prospect overall.

Alabama’s punter this season will be two-time All-SEC pick J.K. Scott, who is a senior.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
New Orleans CB Devin Bush calls Florida a ‘dream school’

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/devin-bush-florida-dream-school

Devin Bush talks Gators
In the previous recruiting cycle, Florida signed a Louisana prospect (Brad Stewart) for just the second time since 2001.

The Gators hope to continue landing recruits from the Pelican State in the coming years. One of their targets is Devin Bush, a 2019 cornerback from Edna Karr High School in New Orleans.

UF offered Bush in the spring and he plans to visit the school this summer.

“I will be going to Florida with my coach and see how it is up there,” Bush told SEC Country. “That’s one of my dream schools along with LSU. I just want to meet Florida’s DB coach (Corey Bell) and see how they practice. I also want to look into the education at Florida.”

The in-state Tigers are considered the early favorite for Bush, who also holds offers from Auburn, Georgia, South Carolina and Texas A&M. The 5-foot-11, 184-pound likes the Gators’ track record with defensive backs.

“They’re in the argument of DBU, along with LSU and Ohio State,” Bush said. “Ohio State is kind of far, so I don’t think I’ll go there. But Florida, they had Joe Haden, Vernon Hargreaves III, Marcus Maye. They produce a lot of DB’s in the draft.”

Devin-Bush-by-Sam-Spiegelman-5_we8eu6.jpg

Devin Bush’s recruitment could become a Florida-LSU battle. (Sam Spiegelman/SEC Country)
Rafiti Ghirmai names top 6
A group of finalists is now in place for one of the nation’s top offensive tackles.

Florida made the cut this week for Rafiti Ghirmai, a 4-star lineman from Wakeland High School in Frisco. Alabama, LSU, Miami, Texas and UCLA rounded out his top 6.

Ghirmai plans to visit UF this summer after receiving an offer from Gators offensive line coach Brad Davis on Feb. 16.

“He’s real cool and I like him a lot,” Ghirmai said of Davis. “He’s actually the one who extended my second offer from North Texas when he was there. He knew me before he was at UF. I went to the UNT camp as a sophomore, and he led our position group. Me and him bonded and talked a lot.

“He’s the one who gave me that UF offer. Now we’re hitting it off. We have a lot of things in common. We both lived in Texas so he knows what it’s like. The weather, like it could snow one day then and be 105 (degrees) the next.”

The 6-foot-4, 290-pound Ghirmai is ranked the nation’s No. 22 offensive tackle and No. 295 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite.

Rafiti-Ghirmai-by-Sam-Spiegelman-2_h5vuhh.jpg

Rafiti Ghirmai has a longstanding relationship with Florida offensive line coach Brad Davis. (Sam Spiegelman/SEC Country)
News & notes
  • Kwantel Raines, a 4-star safety from Aliquippa, Pa., plans to visit Florida on Friday. The Gators offered him on Feb. 13.
  • Israel Mukuamu, a 3-star safety from Bossier City, La., received an offer Thursday from UF. He also holds offers from South Carolina and Ole Miss.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Please more WR/CB/ATH - people slammed Chump for unbalance. Don't look now.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pitts visited last week, but VT is the team to beat. I'd love to land this kid. Lord knows we need an all-around TE (which I think Gamble can be, but we need more than 1 on the roster).
The crystal balls showed 42% for the Gators, so it's pretty even right now. He's from PA, so VT would be closer to home, but the lure of becoming a Gator can be mighty powerful.
:chomp:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Please more WR/CB/ATH - people slammed Chump for unbalance. Don't look now.

Didn't see his star ranking, but if he's legit, maybe he'll push out one of the 3*s you don't like. Oh, and a 4* OL was in the article, too.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
More on Pitts:

Warminster (PA) Archbishop Wood tight end Kyle Pitts is ready to announce where he is going to be continuing his athletic and academic career. The four-star tight end took to social media to announce the date when he will annoying his commitment.

Follow
Kyle Pitts3️⃣ @ghost_boi4

I will be announcing my college commitment 4th of July
1f4a5.png
2757.png

2:27 PM - 16 Jun 2017

The Top247 pass catcher is coming off a recent visit to Gainesville where he spent a few days on campus with his parents meeting with players and coaches. The Gators have a big need at the tight end position and have Pitts near the top of their wish list. Georgia and Virginia Tech are two other programs that Pitts has talked up in the past. The Hokies and Gators are currently tied in the 247Sports Crystal Ball at 42%.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Pitts as the No. 13 tight end in the 2018 class with a four-star rating.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
4-Star DT set to visit UF:

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/4-star-DT-to-visit-UF-53203190

Charlotte (N.C.) Mallard Creek four-star defensive tackle Jordan Davis plans to visit Florida on Saturday according to 247Sports' Chris Nee. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound prospect is fresh off a visit to the Gators in-state rival Florida State.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball has the lone prediction for Davis point towards Miami. However, the Hurricanes are not expected to receive a visit from Davis on this current trip to the Sunshine State.

The industry generated 247Sports Composite currently ranks Davis as the nation's No. 318 overall prospect and No. 28 defensive tackle in the 2018 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jacob Copeland, Florida's No. 1 WR target, is in Tuscaloosa visiting Alabama today. His recruitment is considered a battle between the Gators and Tide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.