The National Signing Day Thread

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Lol.... i dont want to fight Swonkey,,,,I generally like his posts and agree with many of his assessments, I dont like his name calling but other than that we’re good.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Perfect. Im.a very tender man. I wouldnt want you to hurt me.

I’m too old to fight. My wife tells me that all the time. She started to telling me that at about 35. By 60 I started believing her. I’m all chill now as my kids would say.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You Marines are always Marines. One time at about 35 I was getting ready to do something pretty physical and a "old" Marine (upper 50s) ex swat commander type was helping me out with fitness regimes, coaching and just being that extra conscience to male sure I was there at the gym every morning. He had issues, needed a knee replacement, but he could still do the most pullups Ive ever seen a man do. He would do hundreds during a workout. Crazy stuff. Good guy and always ready for duty.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It’s funny...at Parris Island we break a young man down to build him back up into a killing machine. Self-confidence even arrogance is required to do what needs to be done effectively. But still we had to tell these young men to be careful when they went home on their first leave...if you are 5’4 130lbs be careful taking on some gorilla in a bar fight. I think I’m on the other end of that spectrum now.....Still mean but not quite as lean as years past. Can’t fool Father Time. But I still run 4 miles a day....albeit much slower.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It’s funny...at Parris Island we break a young man down to build him back up into a killing machine. Self-confidence even arrogance is required to do what needs to be done effectively. But still we had to tell these young men to be careful when they went home on their first leave...if you are 5’4 130lbs be careful taking on some gorilla in a bar fight. I think I’m on the other end of that spectrum now.....Still mean but not quite as lean as years past. Can’t fool Father Time. But I still run 4 miles a day....albeit much slower.

Tons of respect for the Marines, the standards you guys are held to, and what you’re willing to endure to protect our country. Semper Fi!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, I cant figure this kid out. I don’t know if I should want him or not. I know he is a major talent.
He appears to be very self centered. I think he's going to have issues where ever he signs.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Tons of respect for the Marines, the standards you guys are held to, and what you’re willing to endure to protect our country. Semper Fi!
Ditto. Did a TEMDU tour as a brand spanking new Chief Hospital Corpsman with 4th ANGLICO back in the 90's. Was the second best tour in my 30 year career. Did manage to piss of the Gunny once. ONCE. During rappel ops out of the ass end of a 53. Learned my lesson.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
if you are 5’4 130lbs be careful taking on some gorilla in a bar fight.
Yeah, I observed something once. Bigger dude, older, slow runner in a DT class with a bunch of young studs. They were doing stacking drills (where two guys attack one). Two of the young studs came out, one was a guidon bearer, fastest runner can do pushups all day (bc he only weighed like 135). They played around a bit then the big dude got tired of it, threw one away and pounded another. Both of the attackers ended up on the ground dazed and the instructor blew the whistle.

Instructor was laughing his azz off. He said, you know that old saying it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog, that's bullshyt. If you fight a bigger dog, you will usually get your azz whipped.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ditto. Did a TEMDU tour as a brand spanking new Chief Hospital Corpsman with 4th ANGLICO back in the 90's. Was the second best tour in my 30 year career. Did manage to piss of the Gunny once. ONCE. During rappel ops out of the ass end of a 53. Learned my lesson.

Respect! I'm a former Navy Hospital Corpsman (graduated A-school in 1990 from San Diego)....and Field Med School from Camp Pendleton shortly after.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Off topic, I know, but it looks like Frost is bringing his defense to the P5. So much for hiring a blue chip DC.

Mullen is looking better and better. Compare Frost's loyalty to his staff with Butter's loyalty to Nuss. Unless the Huskers are satisfied with 8 wins this will not end well.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Mullen is looking better and better. Compare Frost's loyalty to his staff with Butter's loyalty to Nuss. Unless the Huskers are satisfied with 8 wins this will not end well.

Add that into the uphill climb Frost will have in recruiting there. He may have gotten a QB but said they have to go all over the nation to try and fill their class with hopes they strike gold in California.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. So Meyer brought Mullen and other guys from Utah/Bowling Green TO UF and that was great but Frost does it and he sucks?

Ok. Sounds about the norm on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator