The National Signing Day Thread

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Mullen is looking better and better. Compare Frost's loyalty to his staff with Butter's loyalty to Nuss. Unless the Huskers are satisfied with 8 wins this will not end well.
Eight wins might be optimistic. My doubts about Frost centered around the fact that he didn’t field a balanced football team. In response, I was assured that teams like UCF really couldn’t go out and get competent defensive help; that the head coach was, more or less, the whole coaching show at this level. (For what it’s worth, Strong didn’t field a defense, either.)
LOL. So Meyer brought Mullen and other guys from Utah/Bowling Green TO UF and that was great but Frost does it and he sucks?

Ok. Sounds about the norm on here.
Context. This is an ongoing observation that began with the USF and Memphis games. Mattison was Urban’s DC (with Charlie) BTW. From Notre Dame, not Utah.

Last edited:

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
LOL. So Meyer brought Mullen and other guys from Utah/Bowling Green TO UF and that was great but Frost does it and he sucks?

Meyer brought only 4 coaches with him from Utah to Florida... His 4 best coaches. Every other hire he had was a new hire. He recognized that he had to hire the best coaches possible like most coaches do.

Frost is bringing all 9 coaches with him. That is so stupid. His blind loyalty is going to hurt him. That is not a good staff. His defense sucked for one. Had he came here we would have been stuck with a ucf level staff.

I am glad we got mullen over frost.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer brought only 4 coaches with him from Utah to Florida... His 4 best coaches. Every other hire he had was a new hire. He recognized that he had to hire the best coaches possible like most coaches do.

Frost is bringing all 9 coaches with him. That is so stupid. His blind loyalty is going to hurt him. That is not a good staff. His defense sucked for one. Had he came here we would have been stuck with a ucf level staff.

Cool story bro. Merry Xmas.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Eight wins might be optimistic. My doubts about Frost centered around the fact that he didn’t field a balanced football team. In response, I was assured that teams like UCF really couldn’t go out and get competent defensive help; that the head coach was, more or less, the whole coaching show at this level. (For what it’s worth, Strong didn’t field a defense, either.)

Context. This is an ongoing observation that began with the USF and Memphis games. Mattison was Urban’s DC (with Charlie) BTW. From Notre Dame, not Utah.

Frost sucks. I doubt he wins 5 games the whole time he's there.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Are you really unable to discern the glaring differences between the two situations?

Urban and his staff produced a Hesiman trophy finalist/first pick in the NFL and won a BCS bowl game. He then moved his staff to one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country and to a team that was still relevant on a national level. Frost is moving to the armpit of the country. A cold weather team that hasn’t been relevant for over 20yrs, arguably one of if not the worst team in the Big 10. If Frost had no ties to Nebraska, he would’ve avoided that job like it was a two cent hoar. Shall I continue?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Are you really unable to discern the glaring differences between the two situations?

Urban and his staff produced a Hesiman trophy finalist/first pick in the NFL and won a BCS bowl game. He then moved his staff to one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country and to a team that was still relevant on a national level. Frost is moving to the armpit of the country. A cold weather team that hasn’t been relevant for over 20yrs, arguably one of if not the worst team in the Big 10. If Frost had no ties to Nebraska, he would’ve avoided that job like it was a two cent hoar. Shall I continue?

Yes. You are right. Don't bother. Frost is gonna suck. We wouldn't have wanted him anyway.

I get it.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. You are right. Don't bother. Frost is gonna suck. We wouldn't have wanted him anyway.

I get it.
Come on T REX, think before you post for once in your life. Frost doesn’t suck, but his situation sure does. His problem is that he is making decisions based on emotion, such as choosing Nebraska because he has ties there or bringing along his entire staff to not hurt their feelings. If he can’t separate emotion from his decision making process, he will not succeed no matter how great of a coach he is.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Come on T REX, think before you post for once in your life. Frost doesn’t suck, but his situation sure does. His problem is that he is making decisions based on emotion, such as choosing Nebraska because he has ties there or bringing along his entire staff to not hurt their feelings. If he can’t separate emotion from his decision making process, he will not succeed no matter how great of a coach he is.

Yeah...I never think before I post. LOL.

Dude. Have a Merry Xmas.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Did his guys at Utah and Bowling Green have one of the worst defenses in football? Because that’s exactly what UCF has.

Bringing his offensive guys is understandable, but bringing his defensive guys is a joke

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
UCF had one of the worst defenses in the history of the game. Can you imagine Frost coming here and bringing that DC with him? We would have melted down. Hell, T REX could have been DC at UCF and had the same or better results. It's lunacy.

The Frost/Nebraska experiment isn't going to end well.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016

Kyle Whittingham was Urb’s DC at Utah and he might have come over with Urban had he not been offered the Utah gig. But his record speaks for itself. To borrow a political jab: “Senator, I knew Jack Kennedy....”

Frost sucks. I doubt he wins 5 games the whole time he's there.

This is how bad the McElwain stink was- being UCF North was an acceptable, even desirable, outcome because of the inept football inflicted on loyal Gators from Muschamp forward. And watching Frost’s team play is actually fun; that is, until you realized that his defense is a sieve. (Which begs the question about offense since the same can be said for Memphis and USF.) Don’t get me wrong. Frost may be the next Tom Osborne. There’s certainly more than enough evidence that he’s a gifted offensive play caller. But whether he can put the complete package on the field- that is, whether he’s ready for prime time- requires some wishful thinking.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
He appears to be very self centered. I think he's going to have issues where ever he signs.

That’s certainly possible, but Matt Elam was a bit of a prima donna prior to NSD and didn’t really cause headaches after he signed (that I can remember).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Shut off the ****fest for a while.
The differemce is Creyer had a great defense and special teams.

However, Creyer did not bring his entire staff. He brought in DJ from Stanford, Doc Holliday from NC State or WVU (I forget), Matteson from NFL or Meatchikin, Daz from Purdue, Drayton from Cowbell, and that USF ex HC to coach DL at least. Thats just off the top of my head. There were probably more but Im not going to do more research.

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Respect! I'm a former Navy Hospital Corpsman (graduated A-school in 1990 from San Diego)....and Field Med School from Camp Pendleton shortly after.

You know Marines love their Corpsman! Every one I served with fit in seamlessly and did every thing we did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.