The National Signing Day Thread

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
How did we whiff on Quay Walker? Man that’s a huge miss by the staff, NEED quality LBs!

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How did we whiff on Quay Walker? Man that’s a huge miss by the staff, NEED quality LBs!
One of his good buddies just committed to Tenn......he still has ties to Pruit from his Bammer commitment days and is being pulled over there

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
One of his good buddies just committed to Tenn......he still has ties to Pruit from his Bammer commitment days and is being pulled over there

So Pruitt is swiping him out from under us. That’s brutal.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
I don’t know if linebacker being a dire position. We have enough, just have to develop them. I am assuming one or two light DE get moved over to linebacker such as Jefferson and maybe Zuniga. Our linebacker roster not including walkons are Brunson, Miller, Houston, Smith, Jackson, Johnson, Moon, Joseph, and Reese. Two of those were part of the dumbass 9 and one was injured. The argument that can be made here is that there are a lot of Randy Shannon specials on the roster at LB. For a good portion of these guys it’s shyt or get off the pot time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So Pruitt is swiping him out from under us. That’s brutal.
You may have not heard but he is actually committed to Bammer. Pruitt is perhaps stealing him from Bammer not us.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know if linebacker being a dire position. We have enough, just have to develop them. I am assuming one or two light DE get moved over to linebacker such as Jefferson and maybe Zuniga. Our linebacker roster not including walkons are Brunson, Miller, Houston, Smith, Jackson, Johnson, Moon, Joseph, and Reese. .
That would be a nice collection for FIU. I'm not sure there's an SEC linebacker in that group though. I've certainly seen no evidence of it so far.

It's like saying we have quarterback talent because we have guys with pulses wearing the right numbers.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some interesting news out of the weekend:

Florida recruiting: New cornerback options emerge for Gators

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-cornerback-options

CB options for Florida
The Florida Gators signed multiple defensive backs during the early signing period, but they’re not done in the secondary for the Class of 2018.

Florida early enrollee Trey Dean is rated by recruiting services as a 4-star safety, but the Under Armour All-American can play cornerback as well and will likely contribute at that spot next season.

However, the Gators are still searching for one more cornerback, and a pair of potential prospects emerged over the weekend.

Maryland cornerback commit Noah Boykin has been in contact with UF cornerbacks coach Charlton Warren and will officially visit Florida on Jan. 26. Boykin was recruited by Warren when he was an assistant at Tennessee and took a trip to Rocky Top last summer.

The 3-star cornerback from Washington, D.C., has already officially visited Maryland, Notre Dame and Southern Cal. The Irish are the biggest threat to Maryland right now, but his trip to Florida looms large after he decided not to sign with the Terrapins last month. Boykin plans to make a final decision on National Signing Day.

If Florida is unable to land Boykin, another option could be Rachad Wildgoose Jr. The 3-star cornerback out of Miami de-committed from Georgia on Sunday and has interest in the Gators.

Former UF defensive coordinator Randy Shannon offered Wildgoose last spring and the previous staff had confidence in a potential flip. Shannon is now recruiting Wildgoose to UCF and will host him for an on official visit on Jan. 26.

The Gators could push to get Wildgoose on campus the following weekend if they still have a need a cornerback. At this time, Florida’s other options at the position are Mario Goodrich, Olaijah Griffin and Patrick Surtain Jr.

Goodrich and Griffin are scheduled to officially visit on Feb. 2, but the Gators have a lot of ground to make up. Southern Cal hosted Griffn over the weekend and he appears to be leaning toward the in-state Trojans. Goodrich and Surtain visited LSU last weekend and the Tigers are considered the team to beat for both corners.

Offers out in Hawaii
Florida is pursuing a trio of top-150 overall recruits from Hawaii for the Class of 2019.

The Gators extended offers Sunday to 4-star defensive tackle Faatui Tuitele, 4-star linebacker Maninoa Tufono and 4-star offensive tackle Enokk Vimahi.

Tuitele and Tufono are ranked in the top-5 nationally at their positions in the 247Sports Composite, while Vimahi checks in as the No. 14 offensive tackle in the country for 2019.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
CB Rachad Wildgoose de-commits from

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/cb-rachad-wildgoose-decommits-georgia

A 3-star prospect according to 247Sports composite rankings, Wildgoose had been committed to Georgia since June. He holds offers from Auburn, Kentucky, and Florida, among others.

Overall, Georgia fans would be wise to look at this de-commitment as less of a loss and more of an opportunity to bring in a better player. Wildgoose told DawgNation that his decision to de-commit was made after taking his official visit to Georgia this past weekend.

He's out of Miami, northwestern. 5'11" 190 plays Safety and CB.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You may have not heard but he is actually committed to Bammer. Pruitt is perhaps stealing him from Bammer not us.

Well aware. It was said he was looking elsewhere and we appeared to be one of the teams to beat. Now we aren’t even getting him on campus. Weak.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Uggh need Walker.
I don't think i seen peters on any visitors list either. I think its a product of hiring a GA as a position coach. Gonna be hard to pull in any linebackers until he puts some in the nfl.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Gators going all in for wide receiver Justin Watkins

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-justin-watkins

One of the top remaining targets for Florida in the Class of 2018 is Justin Watkins.

The 4-star wide receiver from East Ridge High School (Clermont, Fla.) is receiving the full-court press from the new Gators staff and has been receptive to their efforts.

Watkins met with Florida less than 24 hours after the dead period ended, conducting an in-home visit Friday with coach Dan Mullen and tight ends coach Ja’Juan Seider.

Watkins will officially visit Florida this weekend and the Gators are the team to beat heading into his trip.

Watkins grew up in nearby Citra, Fla., and has visited the UF campus countless times. However, the Under Armour All-American initially preferred to get away from home for college.

He made commitments to LSU, Texas and Florida State, but the Gators have become an appealing option with the coaching changes and their newfound need at wide receiver.

Watkins was being recruited by former UF tight ends coach Greg Nord and didn’t have a strong relationship with him. Seider is now serving as his primary recruiter, which should help Florida’s chances.

The 6-foot, 173-pound speedster has the ability to line up at receiver, running back, returner and cornerback, but he’s a perfect fit for Mullen’s offense and would likely contribute in the slot.

With his recruitment winding down and the distance factor setting in, Watkins is more open to the idea of being close to home at UF.

“It’s [important] because I got a lot of family that will show up, wanna watch me. I just gotta make sure it’s the right fit for me and that I like it,” Watkins told the Orlando Sentinel after the Under Armour All-America Game.

Watkins is not doing interviews at this time, but a decision on his recruitment could come in the near future. He’s still considering the LSU Tigers, but they’re expected to land former Florida wide receiver commit Ja’Marr Chase.

Watkins is the nation’s No. 21 wide receiver and No. 103 overall prospect, according to the 247Sports composite. Check out his senior highlights below.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Former Miss State commit, 3-star DE:

Mullen goes in-home with DE target
Gators visit three-star defender

On Monday the Florida Gators were in the state of Mississippi to host an in-home visit with Olive Branch (MS) defensive end Fabien Lovett, a former Mississippi State commit.

The three-star defender shared his visit from several UF coaches, including head coach Dan Mullen, through his Twitter account following the in-home.

Lovett originally committed to Mississippi State in August and has since backed off that pledge at the start of the new year. He maintains the Bulldogs are still in play and has used his official visit to Starkville already. Ole Miss will host Lovett on campus this coming weekend and Tennessee and Florida have also become players as well.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Lovett as the Nation's No. 29 defensive end in the 2018 recruiting class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
DM had an in-home visit w/ CB from DC Sunday:

On Sunday evening the Florida Gators spent some time in the DMV area of the Nation in order to conduct an in-home visit with Washington (DC) Woodson H.D. cornerback Noah Boykin, a Maryland Terps commit.

The four-star defender shared his visit from Gators head coach Dan Mullen, linebackers coach Christian Robinson, cornerbacks coach Charlton Warren, and defensive coordinator Todd Grantham through his Twitter account.

The 6-foot-2, 170-pound defensive back has been committed to Maryland since July, but has continued to keep his options open to other schools. USC, Virginia, and Notre Dame have also gotten him on campus for official visit in the past, with the Fighting Irish getting most of the buzz following those trips. The Gators have a shot to get in the mix here late and will host Boykin on campus the weekend of January 19 for his official visit to Gainesville.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Boykin as the Nation's No. 252 overall prospect in the 2018 recruiting class.

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017
Updated list:

1/19
  • WR Justin Watkins
  • DT Nesta Silvera
  • LB Andrew Chatfield
  • LB Xavier Peters
1/26
  • OL Richard Gouraige
  • OL Nick Petit-Frere
  • OL Will Barnes
  • OL Ed Montilus
  • DE Malik Langham
  • DB Noah Boykin
2/2
  • WR Jacob Copeland
  • DE Dorian Gerald (JUCO)
  • DE Jamarcus Chatman
  • DT Coynis Miller
  • DT Noah Jefferson (JUCO)
  • DB Mario Goodrich
  • DB Olaijah Griffin

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Florida is unable to land Boykin, another option could be Rachad Wildgoose Jr. The 3-star cornerback out of Miami de-committed from Georgia on Sunday and has interest in the Gators.

Former UF defensive coordinator Randy Shannon offered Wildgoose last spring and the previous staff had confidence in a potential flip. Shannon is now recruiting Wildgoose to UCF and will host him for an on official visit on Jan. 26.
Good enough reason for me not to want him. He got pushed out of uga and is also looking at UCF which means he should not be a take here

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Updated list:

1/19
  • WR Justin Watkins
  • DT Nesta Silvera
  • LB Andrew Chatfield
  • LB Xavier Peters
1/26
  • OL Richard Gouraige