The National Signing Day Thread

-THE DUDE-

This is the year!!!
This is exactly right.

But don't be mistaken, UF (especially under Butters) has been taken to the woodshed in recruiting battles.......and it's showing on the field.

Taking back the state should be THE TOP PRIORITY for Mullen. Win the state.....win championships. Pretty simple concept.

Which leads to Barnes:

This is very, very disappointing.....but this isn't on Mullen. If you go through this thread, months ago I was harping that this kid is our #1 OL priority. I can't believe he's going to play football at UNC over UF. If this was basketball, sure, I'd have no problem with it.

It won't surprise me to see Barnes and his buddy transfer within two years......
absolutely... couldn't agree more. We need to keep the talent in state and get better involved in Georgia as they are generating more top talent now than ever

Since65

Which leads to Barnes:

This is very, very disappointing.....but this isn't on Mullen. If you go through this thread, months ago I was harping that this kid is our #1 OL priority. I can't believe he's going to play football at UNC over UF. If this was basketball, sure, I'd have no problem with it.

It won't surprise me to see Barnes and his buddy transfer within two years......

I don't get this decision either. My brother in law is a big Tar Heel fan so I follow them more closely than some other random teams. I know the whole "legacy" thing is a big deal with Carolina families so maybe his Mom's influence is more powerful than normal. Can't remember if both parents are UNC grads.

They have been a pretty good team but fell off the map this year. Their fans say it was related to QB and a big rash of injuries. Fedora is not held in high standing by a sizeable number of their fan base. I don't see them contending for the division title for a while so it doesn't appear Barnes is competing for the conference championship soon. (Of course, you could recruit against the Gators using the same argument). Chapel Hill is a lovely town but football is clearly the stepsister to the basketball team.

Maybe he's just going there for family/comfort reasons and to prepare for the NFL. Not every player yearns for championships.

alcoholica

I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Is it possible for the clowns to have a higher ranked class than UF???????

Feb 7.
Supposedly they won’t be able to sign a full class. So they may only be able to add 2-4 more. Just going off what the Noles I know are saying

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
This is exactly right.

But don't be mistaken, UF (especially under Butters) has been taken to the woodshed in recruiting battles.......and it's showing on the field.

Taking back the state should be THE TOP PRIORITY for Mullen. Win the state.....win championships. Pretty simple concept.

Which leads to Barnes:

The second we let Brad Davis go was the second our chances died here. They are picking coaches over programs here. And there's nothing really our staff can do about that.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member

By “great education,” do you mean easy path for ncaa compliance? Or quality education? The former has been documented rather publicly regarding unc. The latter really depends on a player’s level of effort in the classroom.

Ancient Reptile

UNC has been a great public university for longer than UF. I thought a few years ago that we had passed them up, but a recent check seems to indicate that we have not. But both are outstanding schools and offer far more opportunities than a hard-working football player is likely to be able to take advantage of.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member

There’s “pretty easy” at most major programs, and then there’s f$u-level stupid. unc went full f$u stupid and got exposed. Until UF is caught teaching classes with coloring books, UF offers a more real education to athletes.

But yes, to the average student, unc has a great reputation for academics. Most acc schools outside of tally have earned that reputation.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
There’s “pretty easy” at most major programs, and then there’s f$u-level stupid. unc went full f$u stupid and got exposed. Until UF is caught teaching classes with coloring books, UF offers a more real education to athletes.

But yes, to the average student, unc has a great reputation for academics. Most acc schools outside of tally have earned that reputation.

I have a co-worker getting his degree at Rollins. More than one class has featured “graphic novels” aka comic books in the syllabus. $474 per credit hour.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
I have a co-worker getting his degree at Rollins. More than one class has featured “graphic novels” aka comic books in the syllabus. $474 per credit hour.
come on man the government pays $20,000 a year or more to educate or train these kids in whatever they want. the fact that 60 to 80% of them choose graphic novel literature, social justice awareness, or cosmetology really shouldn't surprise you. All that math science engineering and computer stuff is hard. Leave that to the Asians.

Ancient Reptile

come on man the government pays $20,000 a year or more to educate or train these kids in whatever they want. the fact that 60 to 80% of them choose graphic novel literature, social justice awareness, or cosmetology really shouldn't surprise you. All that math science engineering and computer stuff is hard. Leave that to the Asians.
Cosmetology. My job once entailed calling students with very high ACT and SAT scores, high enough that they would likely find cosmology interesting. I told one young student that she would probably qualify for a full scholarship to the university and asked if she were interested. "No", she said, saying she was going to the local community college and study cosmetology. She said a cosmetologist could always find a job and this way she could stay home and eat her Mom's cooking and get her Mom to do her laundry.
Never have been sure that she didn't choose the better option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator