The National Signing Day Thread

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
come on man the government pays $20,000 a year or more to educate or train these kids in whatever they want. the fact that 60 to 80% of them choose graphic novel literature, social justice awareness, or cosmetology really shouldn't surprise you. All that math science engineering and computer stuff is hard. Leave that to the Asians.
I’m a white millinenial engineer with a BS in Chemical, and I’m here to tell you that not all engineers are Asian. Sure, all the good ones are, but make no mistake - there’s some whites hanging around the building too. We hold our own. I mean, someone has to keep the diversity levels balanced.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m a white millinenial engineer with a BS in Chemical, and I’m here to tell you that not all engineers are Asian. Sure, all the good ones are, but make no mistake - there’s some whites hanging around the building too. We hold our own. I mean, someone has to keep the diversity levels balanced.
MERICUH!!!!

Represent. Im trying to convince my son to.do the same.

CaseyGator

Ox’s Favorite Poster
Sep 13, 2016

Thanks for being a team player.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
I feel like we should fist bump or something. Materials Engineer. First thing I learned on the job though was almost everything we learned is school is useless in the real world. Someone else has already done the hard part and written a calculator for it. The way to success is all about showing people how to make more money. And Excel lots and lots of Excel.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I feel like we should fist bump or something. Materials Engineer. First thing I learned on the job though was almost everything we learned is school is useless in the real world. Someone else has already done the hard part and written a calculator for it. The way to success is all about showing people how to make more money. And Excel lots and lots of Excel.

Couldn’t be more true. I graduated Ag and Bio Eng (Land and Water Resources specialty), worked six years as a civil engineer/project manager, and now I’m a naval officer at a contingency construction unit. I haven’t engineered in 5 plus years but that ABET accredited degree got my foot in the door so...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All you need is the degree, doesn't really matter what it's in (most of the time - sometimes it really does matter). But what really counts is what you do with the opportunity given to you once you get that foot in the door.
Had a buddy that got his Anthropology degree at UF and worked in the haz-mat collection/disposal department while he was a student; he was running the show and making a decent salary by time he graduated, with his Anthropology degree - go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator