The National Signing Day Thread

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concerning Langham, i’ve stated that if Bama doesn’t have room for him that I expect him here. I don’t expect to beat Bama straight up for him. They currently have five DL and one LB. I’m not sure how many they can take, but they are sitting at 18. To me, Langham is in play. Doesn’t mean they won’t make room, but dominos need to fall first.

There is a reason he is announcing late.
Bama wanted Langham and Copeland...IF UF lands them we beat them and the staff deserves their due...if not well everyone can keep piling on them for missing out

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
With a QB that didn't fit, and no one wanted. And yes, in theory, we had a Top 10 class. But our top 2 WRs were already looking around and were probably gone either way. Add in 2 more guys that were pushed out and that was our class.

And Taggart's success has been explained already. He walked into a better situation with a program that was almost unanimously a playoff pick in September. And he's also signing at least 2 that won't qualify. What's the point of that? Don't forget, on Dec 20, we were a big winner and the noles were having commits flip to South Carolina or deciding not to sign, not to mention losing a head to head with us for the most important piece of this class.

They had a sh*t season and were the very last team to hire a head coach and had to settle for the last man standing. It sounds like we are grasping for excuses at this point. Why is it so hard to state the truth? Mullen started strong but whiffed today.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
With a QB that didn't fit, and no one wanted. And yes, in theory, we had a Top 10 class. But our top 2 WRs were already looking around and were probably gone either way. Add in 2 more guys that were pushed out and that was our class.

And Taggart's success has been explained already. He walked into a better situation with a program that was almost unanimously a playoff pick in September. And he's also signing at least 2 that won't qualify. What's the point of that? Don't forget, on Dec 20, we were a big winner and the noles were having commits flip to South Carolina or deciding not to sign, not to mention losing a head to head with us for the most important piece of this class.

Taggart’s best move? Keeping Odell Haggins. That guy is an elite recruiter and able to pitch their glory days.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How'd they finish? They were in the 70s when he arrived and now top 10. Great coaches can turn programs around just like that. I find it hilarious you say Mullen had to start over because the commits didn't fit while dismissing Taggart for having to deal with the same problem

You seem to still struggle with reading comprehension. I've not dismissed WT's situation once, nor have I denied that he had a strong close, non-quals aside. Once again, my reference of our Top 10 class had nothing to do with saying Mullen had to start over and Taggart did not. It was in response to t feeling that Mullin went backwards, which isn't accurate. Our top 3 recruits of that inherited class were gone, going or didn't fit. That was the point and it still stands. I don't have time to draw pictures for you, so hopefully this time it stuck.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You seem to still struggle with reading comprehension. I've not dismissed WT's situation once, nor have I denied that he had a strong close, non-quals aside. Once again, my reference of our Top 10 class had nothing to do with saying Mullen had to start over and Taggart did not. It was in response to t feeling that Mullin went backwards, which isn't accurate. Our top 3 recruits of that inherited class were gone, going or didn't fit. That was the point and it still stands. I don't have time to draw pictures for you, so hopefully this time it stuck.

He can’t answer today. He’s in trouble.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bama wanted Langham and Copeland...IF UF lands them we beat them and the staff deserves their due...if not well everyone can keep piling on them for missing out
I won’t pile on and haven’t been, but Langham is a deep legacy. He has all kinds of family that’s played there. So if we get him it’s because Bama F’d up. Sure give Mullen credit for mopping up the mess, but those ties run deep and Mullen isn’t going to straight up take him. Cope is just a wild card, but if he chooses us over Bama you have to give credit. Just like with the EJ recruitment.

I actually really like this class. Our 3*s are two OL, TE project and a K. We have our future QB who is a solid 4* and we address positions of need with quality. And we picked up two huge WR transfers.

We could have done better, but not a bad transition class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I won’t pile on and haven’t been, but Langham is a deep legacy. He has all kinds of family that’s played there. So if we get him it’s because Bama F’d up. Sure give Mullen credit for mopping up the mess, but those ties run deep and Mullen isn’t going to straight up take him. Cope is just a wild card, but if he chooses us over Bama you have to give credit. Just like with the EJ recruitment.

I actually really like this class. Our 3*s are two OL, TE project and a K. We have our future QB who is a solid 4* and we address positions of need with quality. And we picked up two huge WR transfers.

We could have done better, but not a bad transition class.

OSU and GA just smashed it on the trail.

Hell Bama is TENTH.

If we close on Copeland we should finish around 12th.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They had a sh*t season and were the very last team to hire a head coach and had to settle for the last man standing. It sounds like we are grasping for excuses at this point. Why is it so hard to state the truth? Mullen started strong but whiffed today.

Really applicable question. The average HS Sr was 10 the last time we won it all. During their 4 years of HS, they've seen fsu in the playoffs once, close on 2 other occasions, and 4-0 against UF. They've seen us shuffle through 3 coaches, average 7 wins, completely fall off from a recruiting momentum stand point, and accomplish nothing. The programs are on different levels right now. One bad season, where we out-sucked them, doesn't change that. Ni different than kids lining up to play for Daz in 2010.

To the last statement, I agree and think that's a fair way to put it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator