The National Signing Day Thread

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't believe we snagged one from IMG. Can't imagine this kid will be allowed to stay this heavy, how much does the staff make him shed?
Once he gets to working out at UF he will undoubtedly shed some lbs, but building muscle it weighs more than fat so I wouldn't expect a huge change. Regardless, he will be playing well over 3 bills....340-345 maybe, but stronger than he already is...kid has the makings to be a fckin beast!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Glad to see the commit from IMG. Hopefully this kicks off a good July. I want at least 3 more before the season starts, otherwise we'll be playing catch-up.....again.

UF climbs recruiting rankings
Florida moves up the 247Sports Team Recruiting Rankings.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/UF-climbs-recruiting-rankings-102681569

With the addition of four-star offensive guard Curtis Dunlap, Florida moved up 17 spots to No. 44 in the 247Sports Team Recruiting Rankings. The Gators, who are up to eight commitments in the 2018 class, have the No. 10 ranked recruiting class in the SEC currently. Florida's average grade per commit is 88.54 currently.

Meanwhile:

Arkansas lands commitment from Colorado QB prospect Ty Evans

Arkansas has just landed its first 2019 commitment from Colorado native Ty Evans. That’s not the only good news, as Evans is a quarterback, making him the perfect prospect to build the next recruiting class around in Fayetteville.

The 6-foot-2, 167-pound Evans threw for 3,150 yards and 31 touchdowns as a high school sophomore and tossed only five interceptions for his high school program. Evans commits to the Razorbacks over in-state programs Colorado and Colorado State. Evans also currently holds offers from Kansas State and Northwestern.

Georgia appears to have found Isaiah McKenzie's replacement in talented JUCO returner

Georgia appears to have added a late addition to its 2017 recruiting class by landing the commitment of junior college receiver Ahkil Crumpton. Considering the Bulldogs issues at receiver, taking a late flyer on Crumpton could pay immediate dividends for a team hoping to compete for an SEC title next season.

His 5-foot-8, 160-pound stature is surely going to bring immediate comparisons to former Bulldog receiver Isaiah McKenzie but it may be Crumpton’s comparable return skills that have Georgia so interested in bringing him to Athens, not his size.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
Once he gets to working out at UF he will undoubtedly shed some lbs, but building muscle it weighs more than fat so I wouldn't expect a huge change. Regardless, he will be playing well over 3 bills....340-345 maybe, but stronger than he already is...kid has the makings to be a fckin beast!
Please explain to me how a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Brown planning to visit the Florida Gators

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/brown-planning-to-visit-the-florida-gators/

The Florida Gators are preparing for their biggest recruiting event of the summer on Friday when they host Friday Night Lights in the Swamp.
One of the visitors expected on Friday is West Virginia running back commit Leddie Brown (6-0, 210, Smyrna, DE. High) who says he was asked to come by a coach.

“I’m visiting for Friday Night Lights with my mom and my sister,” Brown said of his visit to Florida. “Coach JaJuan [Seider] asked me to come down and visit them for the camp.”

Brown committed to West Virginia back in April but he says that running backs coach JaJuan Seider has still been hard after him despite that commitment.

“I talk to them a lot,” he said of his communications with Florida. “I usually just talk to Coach JaJuan [Seider] but I have talked to some of the other coaches too. We usually talk a lot.”

Seider has explained to Brown how the Gators are looking for someone like him at the position.

“He says that Florida is a good fit for me,” Brown said of Seider’s message. “He says that Florida still wants me and that he likes me. They have a big need for a guy like me.”

When Brown visits on Friday, he plans to talk with Seider more about how he will fit into the offense but the coach has explained what he likes about the West Virginia commitment.

“He said that he likes the way I play,” he said. “He likes the way I run the ball and how I compete.”

Brown and Seider’s relationship goes back a few years now and that has made the bond a strong one.

“It’s strong,” Brown said of his relationship with Seider. “We’ve been talking since he was at West Virginia, it’s a strong relationship. Coach Seider he doesn’t really act like a coach, he acts like a friend.”

On Friday, Brown has a few things he wants to get out of the trip to Gainesville including seeing the campus.

“Just a feel for the coaching staff,” he said of what he wants to get out of the visit. “See how they react to the players and how they like me.”
Heading into the visit Brown says that his commitment is still with West Virginia but he admits that Florida has turned up the heat.

“My relationship with West Virginia is still good,” Brown said of his commitment to West Virginia. “My relationship with Florida has gotten stronger with Coach JaJuan.”

INSIDERS TAKE: Florida is recruiting Brown hard despite his West Virginia commitment. Brown has seen his stock rise some this spring after he picked up an Alabama offer in May.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Negative ghost rider. Muscle is more dense than fat. But a pound of muscle weighs as much as a pound of fat which weighs as much as a pound of bull s**t.
Which you are full of, because again, like its already been stated, and like it was stated in the quote i grabbed from you... muscle weighs more than fat. The only person that has been using the term "pound of muscle" is you.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
Which you are full of, because again, like its already been stated, and like it was stated in the quote i grabbed from you... muscle weighs more than fat. The only person that has been using the term "pound of muscle" is you.
Now you're changing the argument. Per same volume absolutely muscle weighs more than fat. But that was never my original argument based on the original quote stated.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now you're changing the argument. Per same volume absolutely muscle weighs more than fat. But that was never my original argument based on the original quote stated.
you changed the argument from the get go :lmao2:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is one of those convos where a simple "oh yea, whoops lol" would do, but ego will just not allow :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.